So.........Paper Mario TTYD earns a 6.75 from GameInformer?

Do you mean the first response?

I checked their message boards a few days ago. It seems that the general populace there is praising Jeremy for his "honesty and eloquent response". I was very confused when I read the responses..

However... I'm very interested to see their responses to his statement withdrawal. In fact, I think I'll swing by there and check right now.

To: Eclipse
Posted: October 13, 2004, 6:33 am
Subject: Regarding advice
I've got some advice for you: kiss my ass.

Sheikrattlenroll answers in a professional, mature matter through a pm.
:rofl:

goooo SHEIK! \:D/

[quote name='Sheik Rattle Enroll'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']
So far in your argumnet, you have shown me no factual evidence of what your allegations of Nintendo.

Platypus Stan seems to have hit the nail on the head while you continually chase your tail and give us the same rhetoric. It doesn't take a 3rd grader to understand that Nintendo Power has its biases towards NIntendo (i knew that at least at that time) as does OPM, OXM, Xbox Nation, but GI which is supposed to be a multiplatform magazine with no allegiances and is supposed to be third person perspective of games and is supposed to give us an honest opinion on what they felt the game, not as has been shown in his rebuttals, "what the readership wants to hear". I would want no less lets say from a car magazine to give me their honest true opinions on a car product or how a car truly is.[/quote]

What are my allegations against Nintendo exactly? If you're talking about how I mentioned that many people dislike them because of their business practices, then a simple google search will enlighten you as to how they used to blackmail retailers. A little more digging and you'll understand how they've treated third party developers and why they abandoned Nintendo in droves as soon as there was viable competition. I also reccommend the book "Game Over", even though it's more from a pro-Nintendo perspective, it tells you a lot about how Nintendo operates. If you're referring to the fact that I thought the N64 had weaker software than the SNES and NES, then you realize that I was just stating my opinion and not a fact, right?

I'm giving you the same rhetoric because my point is the same no matter how people try and twist what I say. They took their readership into account and gave a review they thought would be meaningful to them. They're supposed to tell you what they think about the game and they did, they just took the "kiddiness" of it into account in the final score, which you disagree with. I'm sorry if my thinking hasn't changed to your liking.

If anybody feels the need to continue to call me stupid or anything more vile, feel free to do so in PMs, as I won't be responding to this thread any longer, as it's obvious that just by pointing out that the magazine might not be the tool of the anti-Nintendo satanists, I've touched some kind of nerve and caused this thread to degenerate into people pulling my posts apart instead of actually talking about the topic.[/quote]

if you wanna see poor business practices and HORRIBLE customer service...Just turn to sony! They got nintendo beat.

[quote name='mkelehan']GI also gave Katamari Damacy its lowest (counted) review on GameRankings. I've never liked GI.[/quote]

An 8/10 is fine, though.

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='mkelehan']GI also gave Katamari Damacy its lowest (counted) review on GameRankings. I've never liked GI.[/quote]

An 8/10 is fine, though.[/quote]

You beat me to it, but an 8 out of 10 is actually quite respectable. I really odn't see their point, I would have given it a 9/10 at the very least, but maybe they didn't like the graphics which are a little old, but nothing to bad if you ask me. It's just this atrocity tat they have given Paper Mario 2.

Got mine today according to them leisure Suit Larry is 0.75 better than Paper Mario. I will now go wash out my eyes with acid

[quote name='jlarlee']Got mine today according to them leisure Suit Larry is 0.75 better than Paper Mario. I will now go wash out my eyes with acid[/quote]

Did they follow their policy and mark LSL down for only appealing to prepubescent males?

My goodness, give me a friken break. Honestly, raise your hand if you considered GI a respectable magazine... lets count them. Any magazine that a friken employee of GameStop tries to shove down my throat kinda loses some points. When Billy from PlanetGamecube went over to the website, I actually perked up... but come on, it's a magazine score. The ONLY reason to get "pissed off" is that this'll push the gamerankings percentage down, from the 90% (in my opinion) it should be. ::shrugs:: The game is a great Sequel, building on the original Paper Mario in ways that make it better. It's hilarious, and its humor definitly scews towards Nintendo fans, thats about it.

::end rant::

it's not about the scores as much as the reason given in a sort of damage conrol. And then the damag control of the damage control. And the the EIC's damage control of that.

[quote name='coolz481']I don't have a subscription to the magazine or frequent GameStop, so I was wondering if anyone has read this review. I found the score on gamerankings, but since it's a print publication, there's no link to the text of the review. The other sites listed give Paper Mario marks in the 9-10 range, so I don't know if Gi has tired of 2D gaming in general or found particular faults with this title. Any info or thoughts are appreciated.

PS I'm picking up my copy tomorrow regardless![/quote]

The question I'm asking is why you are reading GI in the first place? I go to the back or the cardboard coupons and cutt those mothers out and recycle the rest of the Mag

bread's done
Back