So people are still selling speakers out of white vans

My roommate bought some for $300. He went out to get gas and comes back with speakers. He comes in bragging that he just bought these awesome speakers. I asked if they come from a white van, and he was so pissed when I told him he got fucked. He ran to the cops to tell them he got screwed but they couldnt do anything. They are sitting in the closet now, and I continue to make fun of him for it.

I've been approached by these guys a couple times. The one time that I had a brief conversation with them they were indeed giving me the rap about cost + beermoney. That must be a suggestion in the scammer's handbook these guys all have.

Right near Full Sail in florida there is always some black guys driving around who "received too many stereos from the company" needing to sell them for cheap.

Although to be fair, there is also a bus that goes around asking people to give blood. Anyone foolish enough to give blood to someone in a bus would prolly make a good customer for black guys in a van with extra stereo equipment...

[quote name='chakan']In my neighborhood, I've seen guys with pickups trying to sell meat out of freezers in the back.

"Hey, wanna buy some meat?"

(me, walking to get the mail)"What? Hell no!"[/QUOTE]

Holy shit. I forgot about this. About three years ago I bought some seafood from some guys driving through our neighborhood in a pick up truck with a freezer unit in the back, going door to door. Of course, that neighborhood was kind of ghetto. My wife thought I was nuts.

We'd also get tons of the "Our football/basketball/youth club is trying to go to (pick a place). Would you like to subscribe to a magazine?" I'd usually just give them $5 and send them on their way. I'm sure some were legit, but I also know a lot of them were not. The sad thing is there was a story on the local news about adults running these kind of scam rings using kids to work their grift. There's a special circle in Hell reserved for those folks.

Thankfully, in the neighborhood where we live now, about the only solicitations we get are from the Democratic National Committee. :roll:

[quote name='megaseadramon']My roommate bought some for $300. He went out to get gas and comes back with speakers. He comes in bragging that he just bought these awesome speakers. I asked if they come from a white van, and he was so pissed when I told him he got fucked. He ran to the cops to tell them he got screwed but they couldnt do anything. They are sitting in the closet now, and I continue to make fun of him for it.[/quote]

Wait, he didn't even try them out?

[quote name='TheRock88']Hasnt happened to me yet and I havent even heard of this scam until I read this topic.[/QUOTE]

east san jose. yeah, that's where most are concentrated.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Wait, he didn't even try them out?[/QUOTE]
Well, he cant. There is no power supply hook up on the back of the speakers. You can only hook up the little speakers to the bass and thats it.

lol, my co-worker a couple of years ago got approach by this scam in our company parking lot. He fell for it and ended up with these crappy speakers. Sent an e-mail to the entire company saying he got scammed and to be on the look out for the white van. We responded to his warning by buying a white van matchbox car during lunch and putting it on his desk.... he was not amused.

I've been approached by these nutjobs three times that I can remember, just for shits and giggles I did go through the whole sales pitch with them on one occasion, I had to reward the guy for being so energetic thinking he was going to sell a speaker for 700 dollars cash in a kmart parking lot , after he finished I laughed and walked off. Oh and for the record, all three times there was a white van.

[quote name='Tybee']Holy shit. I forgot about this. About three years ago I bought some seafood from some guys driving through our neighborhood in a pick up truck with a freezer unit in the back, going door to door. Of course, that neighborhood was kind of ghetto. My wife thought I was nuts.

We'd also get tons of the "Our football/basketball/youth club is trying to go to (pick a place). Would you like to subscribe to a magazine?" I'd usually just give them $5 and send them on their way. I'm sure some were legit, but I also know a lot of them were not. The sad thing is there was a story on the local news about adults running these kind of scam rings using kids to work their grift. There's a special circle in Hell reserved for those folks.

Thankfully, in the neighborhood where we live now, about the only solicitations we get are from the Democratic National Committee. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Well I can kinda see myself buying seafood. I mean, most of the ghetto Asian (Vietnamese, lol) markets that I go to buy fish from local fisherman (no regulations etc.) so...maybe they just went fishing or crabbing and had stuff left over.

But meat???

haha, this has happened to me at least 5 times. I live in San Diego. The first time, I was like "huh?" because something that suspiscious had to be a scam, no doubt. Every time after that, I just laughed at them and said no.

I can't believe people are dumb enough to waste hundreds of dollars buying shit off strangers driving white vans in parking lots.

This has happened to me at least 5 times. I live in San Diego. The first time, I was like "huh?" because something that suspiscious had to be a scam, no doubt. Every time after that, I just laughed at them and said no.

I can't believe people are dumb enough to waste hundreds of dollars buying shit off strangers driving white vans in parking lots.

bread's done
Back