so there is no EB Games summer sale this year?

ShoryukenII

CAGiversary!
I thought that they had a summer sale every year in mid July. I'm getting impatient because I want to play The Last of Us. Does anyone have any news on EB Games summer sale 2013?

July is dedicated to the Pull 'n' Play promotion.
That promo is useless. I picked up my SMT4, and they're like "Oh with a $50 purchase you get this random useless card we're kinda flashing. But derp, your purchase is $49.99 before tax, sorry you don't get it."

How is this supposed to make me buy things? Go fuck yourself EB.

That promo is useless. I picked up my SMT4, and they're like "Oh with a $50 purchase you get this random useless card we're kinda flashing. But derp, your purchase is $49.99 before tax, sorry you don't get it."

woah. that's pretty damn lame ! i mean your paying over $50 cauise of taxes you think it would still kick in. i thought $49.99 would be $50 anyways i don't see the difference .. but maybe it's just me ?

Since there's no penny anymore in Canada and retailers round 9s up, if you're paying in cash they have to charge you $50.00. I wonder if you could force them into it that way. :)

Subtotal (before tax) needs to be $50 or more.  Just grab the Gameplay Guarantee, or put $5 towards a pre-order if qualifying is important to you.  (A good associate would've recommended these, or other ways to help you over the $50 mark, instead of flaunting the card for which you did not qualify.)

I dunno, it's not entirely useless.  I prefer a good, straight-up sale to 10% extra trade coupons, but as was already said, the EB summer sale came and went a couple months ago.  There are lots of deals on trades and used games this month, though; I guess that's the focus during the slow summer months when so little is being released.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you ever need to bump up your total, sometimes you can find a crappy recipie DS game for 50 cents or a Guitar Hero faceplate for a buck. :)

I'm surprised too that there's no cheap Game-a-Day sale going on. Usually those are worth following.

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth, there have been some pretty impressive markdowns for older games (Wii and DS at least, not sure about other consoles) in the past month or so. Stock has been sketchy, but I know a lot of people came out with a dozen or more games for under $20.

Maybe EB Games felt that cleaned out enough old stock, and that a summer sale wouldn't be as useful? Or maybe they are waiting to blow out a bunch of current gen content once the new consoles are released?

woah. that's pretty damn lame ! i mean your paying over $50 cauise of taxes you think it would still kick in. i thought $49.99 would be $50 anyways i don't see the difference .. but maybe it's just me ?

Since there's no penny anymore in Canada and retailers round 9s up, if you're paying in cash they have to charge you $50.00. I wonder if you could force them into it that way. :)

Subtotal (before tax) needs to be $50 or more. Just grab the Gameplay Guarantee, or put $5 towards a pre-order if qualifying is important to you. (A good associate would've recommended these, or other ways to help you over the $50 mark, instead of flaunting the card for which you did not qualify.)
I got a Peeln'Play or what the fuck ever card with my purchase of SMTIV. That guy was just being a fucking asshole.

I filled out my survey. AFAIK one non-happy survey result can get a CSR chewed out by their manager, so yeah, I'm not going to dwell on it.

I filled out my survey. AFAIK one non-happy survey result can get a CSR chewed out by their manager, so yeah, I'm not going to dwell on it.
The copy I got had a damaged box which I noticed later. I stopped by a store on the way home to exchange and the dude was a total ass about it. I see the guy there all the time, he's on a high horse for some reason, lol.

Hmm. This one guy has been especially douchey to me ever since he saw me casually flirting with one of the lady clerks, whom now doesn't work there anymore. I still have a bunch of the receipts too...

Nah. It's a worse punishment for him to still work at that particular EB location. Plus, I don't see myself pre-ordering from there ever again.

bread's done
Back