So...thinking about switching to Vbulletin (for real this time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just seems like its set up much better to handle larger forums like this one.
We should be able to bring over all the user and post information.
If we do switch, there will be new features such as buddy/ignore lists, better PM management, and hopefully a database that doesn't crash.

Your thoughts?

Work smart not hard, sounds good to me. I havent had an issue with them.

Some guys will feel it isnt the same forum if you lose the look of the current setup, but most will take it in stride I believe.

We can have it look very similar to the current template.
That is not an issue as far as I am concerned.

[quote name='Backlash']As long as the posts and users aren't lost, I'm all for it. Are there any features you'd lose?[/quote]

old PMs

oh my god. if this topics backwards posting does not convince you nothing ever will!

we had a good run with phpbb, but the honeymoon is over.

[quote name='punqsux']oh my god. if this topics backwards posting does not convince you nothing ever will!

we had a good run with phpbb, but the honeymoon is over.[/quote]

I agree with punq on this one

I know this isn't the place to post, and I did in the correct "Post any problems..." forum, but I am desperate! Under my "regular" username, I cannot post anything! As you can see, I can post perfectly fine under this name! Please help!!!

[quote name='Rig!']I know this isn't the place to post, and I did in the correct "Post any problems..." forum, but I am desperate! Under my "regular" username, I cannot post anything! As you can see, I can post perfectly fine under this name! Please help!!![/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='Rig!']I know this isn't the place to post, and I did in the correct "Post any problems..." forum, but I am desperate! Under my "regular" username, I cannot post anything! As you can see, I can post perfectly fine under this name! Please help!!![/quote]

:rofl:[/quote]

:evil: Hey! I don't want to be a n00b again!!! :cry:

evilmax just PM'ed me, and he too, cannot post.

[quote name='Rig!'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='Rig!']I know this isn't the place to post, and I did in the correct "Post any problems..." forum, but I am desperate! Under my "regular" username, I cannot post anything! As you can see, I can post perfectly fine under this name! Please help!!![/quote]

evilmax just PM'ed me, and he too, cannot post.[/quote]

rig i just got your pm and instead of being the first one on my list it was 3rd down and i never got a notification of it.

this is very strange...

[quote name='Rig!'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='Rig!']I know this isn't the place to post, and I did in the correct "Post any problems..." forum, but I am desperate! Under my "regular" username, I cannot post anything! As you can see, I can post perfectly fine under this name! Please help!!![/quote]

you are not a n00b, you are a newbie :wink:

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Rig!'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='Rig!']I know this isn't the place to post, and I did in the correct "Post any problems..." forum, but I am desperate! Under my "regular" username, I cannot post anything! As you can see, I can post perfectly fine under this name! Please help!!![/quote]

you are not a n00b, you are a newbie :wink:[/quote]

:evil:

[quote name='punqsux']rig, you are still in the database

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=14777[/quote]

Well, I could send a PM, since you got mine. It's just that every time I tried to post, I got the:

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.

I'm going to login to my usual account and try again, and as I said, evilmax17 is having the same problem, becuase he sent this account a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back