So this person guarantees me I'll never have to send in my 360 again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike.m

CAGiversary!
Feedback
103 (100%)
I have to send in my Elite because its having some kind of video problem. This pisses me off big time because the damn thing can't be more than 6 months old and I just recently got my 1st Xbox back for its 2nd RROD. I ripped this guy on the phone a new one. Yes, I knew there was nothing he could do about it, but I think its fair that I bitch someone out, because honestly, someone deserves it.

He proceeds to guarantee me that I'd never have to send my Elite in again if I send it in this time. This really set me off.

Just wanted to vent a little and share. I love my 360 just as much as the rest of you and this whole hardware thing pisses me off. Now I'm thinking of breaking down and getting a Wii for the 2 to 3 week downtime. I've been wanting Ogre Battle on VC since it came out. Its my most favorite SNES game ever.

[quote name='62t']http://news.teamxbox.com/comments/19014/Microsoft-on-RRoD-Weve-Put-the-Worst-Behind-Us/

Maybe referring to this?[/quote]

Nah, my Elite is not having RROD. He basically just guaranteed that I'd never have to send it back period. I laughed at him and said, "How in the hell can you guarantee me that if you don't know what could happen to it in the future?"

He proceeded to spew some shit about their technicians checking this and that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice... Be rude to someone who doesn't deserve it, that always helps! Sorry to be an ass about the situation since I have had to send in 3 different consoles (my original froze on every game, the refurb they sent had the RRoD, then my elite had an E73... not E74). No matter how much it pisses you off, the customer service person does not deserve to be bitched at and probably was trying to get you to shut up considering the situation by trying to guarantee you that you wouldn't have to send it in again.

Some Microsoft people do deserve to be bitched at for this ridiculous amount of hardware issues, but it is not the customer service reps.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']Nice... Be rude to someone who doesn't deserve it, that always helps! Sorry to be an ass about the situation since I have had to send in 3 different consoles (my original froze on every game, the refurb they sent had the RRoD, then my elite had an E73... not E74). No matter how much it pisses you off, the customer service person does not deserve to be bitched at and probably was trying to get you to shut up considering the situation by trying to guarantee you that you wouldn't have to send it in again.

Some Microsoft people do deserve to be bitched at for this ridiculous amount of hardware issues, but it is not the customer service reps.[/quote]

Retail and customer service sucks don't it? I've been in retail all my life, been there done that. You suck it up and move on, deserve it or not. If you can point me to the official designated to take complaints because the front end of your customer service "doesn't deserve to get yelled at" feel free.

[quote name='mike.m']I have to send in my Elite because its having some kind of video problem. This pisses me off big time because the damn thing can't be more than 6 months old and I just recently got my 1st Xbox back for its 2nd RROD. I ripped this guy on the phone a new one. Yes, I knew there was nothing he could do about it, but I think its fair that I bitch someone out, because honestly, someone deserves it.

He proceeds to guarantee me that I'd never have to send my Elite in again if I send it in this time. This really set me off.

Just wanted to vent a little and share. I love my 360 just as much as the rest of you and this whole hardware thing pisses me off. Now I'm thinking of breaking down and getting a Wii for the 2 to 3 week downtime. I've been wanting Ogre Battle on VC since it came out. Its my most favorite SNES game ever.[/quote]

Yea lets all be assholes to people cause the company they work for fucked up a product that the employees didn't make.

Please buy a Nintendo Wii and trade/sell your 360.

[quote name='Wolve11']Yea lets all be assholes to people cause the company they work for fucked up a product that the employees didn't make.
[/QUOTE]

Alternatively, let's all be assholes to people to the company they work for by modding consoles to steal revenue and profits while maintaining a sense of superiority over the one guy who legitimately funds their business.

There. That wasn't so hard.

[quote name='mike.m']Retail and customer service sucks don't it? I've been in retail all my life, been there done that. You suck it up and move on, deserve it or not. If you can point me to the official designated to take complaints because the front end of your customer service "doesn't deserve to get yelled at" feel free.[/QUOTE]

I have nowhere to direct you to, but again, do you enjoy having customers bitch at you when you did nothing wrong? I bet you tell them whatever you can to please them and then go telling all your co-workers how much of an asshole that person is after they are gone. You don't just "suck it up and move on" when you have customers complaining whether you say you do or not, I worked plenty retail and it just doesn't work that way. You should be more sympathetic to the customer service rep considering you have been in retail, but whatever. I am just glad I don't have to deal with people like yourself anymore. Good luck with your situation and I wouldn't suggest buying any other console, who knows what you will do when that one happens to have an issue.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']I have nowhere to direct you to, but again, do you enjoy having customers bitch at you when you did nothing wrong? I bet you tell them whatever you can to please them and then go telling all your co-workers how much of an asshole that person is after they are gone. You don't just "suck it up and move on" when you have customers complaining whether you say you do or not, I worked plenty retail and it just doesn't work that way. You should be more sympathetic to the customer service rep considering you have been in retail, but whatever. I am just glad I don't have to deal with people like yourself anymore. Good luck with your situation and I wouldn't suggest buying any other console, who knows what you will do when that one happens to have an issue.[/quote]

Why the fuck would I buy another if I already own 2? Yeah you do suck it up, because if you take everything personal, life will be tough for you. I get plenty of shit from customers working in a college bookstore. Believe me, everything blames us for book prices being what they are, one guy getting ripped for the shoddy hardware that HE CHOOSES to deal with as a customer service rep doesn't make me cry at night. He'll get over it.

[quote name='mike.m']Why the fuck would I buy another if I already own 2? Yeah you do suck it up, because if you take everything personal, life will be tough for you. I get plenty of shit from customers working in a college bookstore. Believe me, everything blames us for book prices being what they are, one guy getting ripped for the shoddy hardware that HE CHOOSES to deal with as a customer service rep doesn't make me cry at night. He'll get over it.[/QUOTE]

I never suggested buying another console at all, did I? Please go back an actually take the time to read before sounding like an idiot. By the way, I also said I have no issue with wanting to complain about the terrible hardware design, you just did it to someone that 1) has nothing to do with it and 2) probably doesn't care and just thinks you are an asshole customer. They are the people taking our repair orders and everything, so I see no merit in chewing the customer service rep out no matter how much you defend yourself.

Microsoft has now swapped the E74 error (single red light of death) with the RROD, so now the RROD will be much more rare, and E74 error is much more common. This was done via firmware. The reason for this? Only RROD is 3 year warranty, anything else, including E74, is just 1 year. Microsoft is awesome.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']I never suggested buying another console at all, did I? Please go back an actually take the time to read before sounding like an idiot. By the way, I also said I have no issue with wanting to complain about the terrible hardware design, you just did it to someone that 1) has nothing to do with it and 2) probably doesn't care and just thinks you are an asshole customer. They are the people taking our repair orders and everything, so I see no merit in chewing the customer service rep out no matter how much you defend yourself.[/quote]

Again, they are the frontline of their 'customer service'. You act like my sole purpose for calling was to bitch at the guy. I didn't rip him until I started asking some questions and he gave me the "you'll never have to send this one back" bullshit. What kind of customer service is that? Is he going to send me a magical Xbox that never breaks? You can't make those kinds of claims to a customer. I guess its too much to ask that people that represent their company, especially the ones who have to deal with you first when theirs problems, shouldn't have to answer for the problems to begin with, which may include some upset customers. :cry:

[quote name='lolwut?']Whoops, I must have ended up on LiveJournal by accident.

OP, keep it in the RROD thread.[/quote]

Except its not a RROD...but if it makes people feel better, move it there mods.

[quote name='mike.m']Except its not a RROD...but if it makes people feel better, move it there mods.[/quote]

[quote name='mike.m']Nah, my Elite is having RROD.[/quote]

Osry

[quote name='mike.m']Again, they are the frontline of their 'customer service'. You act like my sole purpose for calling was to bitch at the guy. I didn't rip him until I started asking some questions and he gave me the "you'll never have to send this one back" bullshit. What kind of customer service is that? Is he going to send me a magical Xbox that never breaks? You can't make those kinds of claims to a customer. I guess its too much to ask that people that represent their company, especially the ones who have to deal with you first when theirs problems, shouldn't have to answer for the problems to begin with, which may include some upset customers. :cry:[/quote]

If you read your own post you'd see that you clearly state you were bitching him out well before he said it, actually your post pretty much states he said that BECAUSE you were being rude to him.

I love this mentality of 'I deal with it so they have to too', it's the reason why everyones an ass to each other. You feel that because you catch shit at work that you should be able to dish it out when your on the other side of the table. I bet you've have experiences with understanding customers who were able to express discontent with a publisher or with a management discussion that treated you with a degree of dignity as well. You choose to be an ass, the status quo doesn't choose it for you.

[quote name='lolwut?']Osry[/quote]

That should've been 'not' having. The elite is having some kind of video issue where it looks like black snow on my screen, like an old tv.

[quote name='dumari']If you read your own post you'd see that you clearly state you were bitching him out well before he said it, actually your post pretty much states he said that BECAUSE you were being rude to him.

I love this mentality of 'I deal with it so they have to too', it's the reason why everyones an ass to each other. You feel that because you catch shit at work that you should be able to dish it out when your on the other side of the table. I bet you've have experiences with understanding customers who were able to express discontent with a publisher or with a management discussion that treated you with a degree of dignity as well. You choose to be an ass, the status quo doesn't choose it for you.[/quote]

At this point, you can interpret it how you like. I'm not here to change your mind. Have an awesome day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back