So what Arcade Demos will you be Deleting?

Kevlar281

CAGiversary!
I don’t know why but I’m curious. What arcade demos will everyone be deleting when the fall update is released?

Here are the demos that I will be deleting

Defender
Ms. Pac-Man
New Rally-X
Novadrome
Smash TV

/edit: I'll be deleting Yaris as well if I have the option.

I will be deleting everything I don't own. I'd love to be able to delete games that I rented but got no gamerscore in as well, but I doubt that will happen.

for the arcade games I only get the demo for a short time. If it is one that I will play it download the full game. If I don't like the demo it gets deleted. What sucks is with saves and the games downloaded and other crap that they offer for free I'm running out of space. Really don't want to buy another HDD or mem card.

I 'cleaned out' my hardrive a month or so ago and removed all my demos then. I only have XBLA games that I own. Im also down to a handful of videos. I cant bear to part with my GTA IV or RE5 vids.

I really need to clean out all the stupid free themes I have on there as well.

Thats what I need to do. I however cant bear to get rid of all the crap that came on the 360 when I bought it. I just cant bring myself to delete it. I think I might have just deleted the titanic video but i'm not really sure. I will really free up some space when deleting theams. Them things are about 6 mb each.

[quote name='Puffa469']I 'cleaned out' my hardrive a month or so ago and removed all my demos then. I only have XBLA games that I own. Im also down to a handful of videos. I cant bear to part with my GTA IV or RE5 vids.

I really need to clean out all the stupid free themes I have on there as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kevlar281']I don’t know why but I’m curious. What arcade demos will everyone be deleting when the fall update is released?

Defender
Ms. Pac-Man
New Rally-X
Novadrome
Smash TV

/edit: I'll be deleting Yaris as well if I have the option. [/quote]

You are aware that you can delete anything anytime you want to right?

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']You are aware that you can delete anything anytime you want to right?[/QUOTE]

He is talking about the new feature that deletes it from your games played/gamercard menu

[quote name='canestim']He is talking about the new feature that deletes it from your games played/gamercard menu[/QUOTE]

Oh snap! that is awesome! Always wondered why they didnt do this from the start.

[quote name='Logain8955']Yeah, everything I don't own is gone. I hope we can also delete 0 GS games.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Hell I'd even delete some of the stupid games I rented and played for a few hours and only got a couple of achievements.

I don't think it's a question of what you will be deleting, I think it will automatically delete games from your profile where you only played the demo version. Unless someone has heard otherwise, that's the most logical way to do it; making it something you have to do manually wouldn't really make any sense, IMO.

Oh and as far as I know this only applies to XBLA games. I don't think you can delete games you rented.

[quote name='Logain8955']I hope we can also delete 0 GS games.[/quote]

Agghh! Ive got 3-1/2 days invsted in playing CoD and 0/1000 acheivements. Dont delete me!

[quote name='Ryukahn']I will be deleting everything I don't own. I'd love to be able to delete games that I rented but got no gamerscore in as well, but I doubt that will happen.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Any zero pointer should qualify for this feature.

You won't be able to go back and delete games from your history. After the update, it just won't show demos in your played games.

From the press release:
Xbox LIVE Arcade fans: we heard you. Trial games no longer show up on your profile. No more zero-gamerscore trial games on your played games list! (This applies to games loaded after the update; unfortunately, previously-played trial games will still be listed.)

[quote name='radjago']You won't be able to go back and delete games from your history. After the update, it just won't show demos in your played games.

From the press release:
Xbox LIVE Arcade fans: we heard you. Trial games no longer show up on your profile. No more zero-gamerscore trial games on your played games list! (This applies to games loaded after the update; unfortunately, previously-played trial games will still be listed.)[/quote]

Man, that's really dumb. :bomb:

You misunderstood the update.

You can't go back and delete demos from your list, instead you can opt to have future demos you play not be listed in the "played games" list along with the full games you play.

Hopefully you will be able to launch to old demos again in order to have them removed from your list, at least...

[quote name='radjago']You won't be able to go back and delete games from your history. After the update, it just won't show demos in your played games.

From the press release:
Xbox LIVE Arcade fans: we heard you. Trial games no longer show up on your profile. No more zero-gamerscore trial games on your played games list! (This applies to games loaded after the update; unfortunately, previously-played trial games will still be listed.)[/quote]

Excuse me, I have to go kick my TV in now.

[quote name='porieux']Hopefully you will be able to launch to old demos again in order to have them removed from your list, at least...[/quote]

God I hope your right.

[quote name='porieux']Hopefully you will be able to launch to old demos again in order to have them removed from your list, at least...[/QUOTE]
Nope.

We're pretty much fucked. At least the late adopters won't have to deal with this shit :D

Well that stinks, I was hoping to get rid of the 5 demos I tried out that where preloaded on my harddrive.

[quote name='Kevlar281']I don’t know why but I’m curious. What arcade demos will everyone be deleting when the fall update is released?

Defender
Ms. Pac-Man
New Rally-X
Novadrome
Smash TV

/edit: I'll be deleting Yaris as well if I have the option.[/quote]

Finally! Gone, Gone, Gone.

[quote name='Malik112099']HOW TO DELETE GAMES WITH ZERO GAMERSCORE

From the main dash:

Guide Button -> Games Blade -> Select Achievements -> Scroll To Game With Zero Gamerscore -> Press "X" To Delete Game History[/quote]

Thanks Malik.

Sweet I hadn't heard you can take the arcade demos of your gamerscore. I got tired of that LONG ago and just made a Japanese account to obviously check out stuff on teh Japanese marketplace but I also try every arcade demo on that account so nothing shows up on my main gamertag. Just looked and last demo on my tag is early 2007. :)

As for physical arcade demos I deleted them as soon as I decide it's not my thing or not worth the money. I might play it a couple times but then it goes because I just have a 20gig HD. Cattle Crashers is still on there because I still want to buy it i'm just to cheap to break into my point stash.

[quote name='Ryukahn']I will be deleting everything I don't own. I'd love to be able to delete games that I rented but got no gamerscore in as well, but I doubt that will happen.[/quote]

I think they should mark the games we rent because that way people will know what games they can play with someone. Maybe mark in highlighted green or something. Not being able to delete old XBLA games sucks, I thought that was the point of this feature.:bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Spybreak8']I think they should mark the games we rent because that way people will know what games they can play with someone. Maybe mark in highlighted green or something. I believe you can't delete any XBLA games that you have achievements for so Yaris will stay.:bomb:[/quote]

I got 15 points in Yaris and that was the suckest 15 points I have. I feel your pain. LOL :grouphug:

[quote name='gordojones88']I have 50 XBLA games and a few retail games with a big fat 0. I already used NXE to delete them. It takes only seconds.[/QUOTE]

Do they show up on your Xbox.com profile as having played them, and does it subtract the total from your overall Gamerscore?

e.g. 40000 out of 100000 is now 40000 out of 90000

[quote name='nnthomas']Do they show up on your Xbox.com profile as having played them, and does it subtract the total from your overall Gamerscore?[/quote]

I'm an NXE non-preview hack.

bread's done
Back