So what exactly is the Classic Controller supposed to clamp onto?

Stinkfinger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I opened my Classic Controller today and noticed that the middle button on top of the controller acts as a release mechanism. What's it supposed to release from? I'm guessing the Wiimote, which could offer some great gameplay, but I haven't heard of any games that take advantage of this configuration. Any ideas?

It does nothing at the moment. People assumed that the remote clamped onto so it doesn't dangle from the CC, but Nintendo proved them wrong.

Note that the Wii Remote has grooves on the side going from the bottom up to the middle of the A Button. I'd bet good money that Nintendo is going to release a plastic frame that attaches to the Remote using those grooves and the Classic controller using the holes on the back.

It clamps onto an as of yet unannounced belt accessory for the reimagined relaunch of Captain N for a new generation.

[quote name='abilyk']Note that the Wii Remote has grooves on the side going from the bottom up to the middle of the A Button. I'd bet good money that Nintendo is going to release a plastic frame that attaches to the Remote using those grooves and the Classic controller using the holes on the back.[/QUOTE]
Or they're for the "lightgun" accessory.

[quote name='BIG5']Or they're for the "lightgun" accessory.[/quote]
That's it. There's also clamp holes on the bottom of the remote that's also for the lightgun attachment, whenever they plan to ship it.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Why would a light gun attachment need to clamp on to the CC?

The Wiimote I can see, but not the CC.[/QUOTE]

He is refering to the groves on the Wiimote itself. The lightgun would grab those grooves to secure the Wiimote.

For the CC presumably there is a plastic piece that slides onto the Wiimote and them clips onto the back of the CC.

[quote name='abilyk']Note that the Wii Remote has grooves on the side going from the bottom up to the middle of the A Button. I'd bet good money that Nintendo is going to release a plastic frame that attaches to the Remote using those grooves and the Classic controller using the holes on the back.[/quote]

isnt this how the Wiimote slips into that Steering wheel dealy that comes packed in with a couple different games?

bread's done
Back