So who didn't complete the Old Spice challenge?

Question about this rewards program: Does it track your overall points, or just once you accept a challenge. For example, the old spice one wanted you to raise your score between certain dates. If you had done that, but hadn't "accepted the challenge" until you'd already technically completed it, would those points not count towards the challenge?

EDIT:
"IMPORTANT: When determining whether or not you successfully completed this Challenge, Xbox Rewards will only consider the Gamerscore that you accrue AFTER you join this Challenge. Limit one (1) Rewards package per person."

DAMNIT! that's some Bullshit! (grrr, angry at self for not checking this ahead of time. oh well)

If you want 1000 points really quick, go rent King Kong and play through it using the cheat codes (unlimited ammo, health, weapons, etc).

There's no messing around with "kill 250 enemies using the sniper rifle" achievements- you play through the game to the end, you end up with 1000 points. It will take you about 3-4 hours, seriously.

When I first heard about the contest, I logged onto the website, clicked the link, and somehow assumed I was signed up when I wasn't. 800 achievement points later, I realized I was still at square one. I have about 900 more to go at this point. I might go rent King Kong or TMNT to finish up, because if I don't, I have absolutely no chance.

[quote name='Zmonkay']EDIT:
"IMPORTANT: When determining whether or not you successfully completed this Challenge, Xbox Rewards will only consider the Gamerscore that you accrue AFTER you join this Challenge. Limit one (1) Rewards package per person."

DAMNIT! that's some Bullshit! (grrr, angry at self for not checking this ahead of time. oh well)[/QUOTE]

Yep, happened to me too.

Whats a good 400 point game to get all 200 points easily? If I can't rent NBA Street tonight I'm gonna go the arcade route. Might as well spend the points since I'd probably spend them on Contra anyway.

[quote name='Mattte']Whats a good 400 point game to get all 200 points easily? If I can't rent NBA Street tonight I'm gonna go the arcade route. Might as well spend the points since I'd probably spend them on Contra anyway.[/QUOTE]

Galaga and Rally X are easy ones. Not good, but easy.

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']I will need to get a cheapy points game if I want to make it. I made almost a 1000 point improvement before I noticed you actually had to "Take the challenge" or whatever. I had only joined the stupid site but didn't actually start the challenge.[/QUOTE]

LOL, same here.

I just finished .

I barely made it .
I had to resort to renting TMNT , my Crackdown points didn't count due to not signing up correctly .

So any word on a new reward challenge? I've got 3 free rental coupons to use before this month ends so the timing would be right! :D

I was down to the wire but made my 1500 about an hour ago. GOW and American Wasteland for the bulk of it, plus X:Men The Official Game for the rest (got it for $10 thanks to the TRU B1G1, and it wasn't even worth that!). I've been enjoying Contra (three achievements in my first three minutes!) already. It will interesting to see what, if anything, they've got lined up next.

[quote name='ddotdukes']I'm done but it say that its closed...thats some bull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Yesterday was the last day. They had the deadline blasted on every page in huge letters.

Wow, that's incredibly lame. I can attest that as of 6:30 p.m. eastern today it was still working, 'cause that's when I cashed out.

Bet there were lots of people planning on finishing out tonight. That seems worth writing to MS and/or the sponsor about to see if you can't get a little justice.

[quote name='dtrmp4']Yeah, they fucking ended it early.

It's only 9:00 EST right now, but it's closed.[/quote]

[quote name='mr ryles']when are we supposed to get our reward? Will they email the codes or what?[/quote]
You have to log onto the rewards site and 'redeem' your prizes. It will give you activation codes for Contra and the 100/200 marketplace points

I finished about 35 minutes ago, only to find that the ended it. What the heck is up with that?

I sent an email to tech support, but I'm not really expecting much of an answer.

This sucks.

had it done for awhile thanks to saints row and FN03. I didnt notice the 23:59 est time either. thats sucks...i think MS will recoup their mistake. they extended this one by a month extra. i think they will accept your duties. i remeber there was a poster who got two free live games(joust and uno) for their screw up with that rewards thing. i think they will come through.

I finished around friday/saturday, but then forgot to go to the website afterward... fortunately I remembered sunday morning before this mess happened.

They did the same thing with the discounted Lumines stuff awhile back (regular prices went up a day early). I don't know if it's deliberate or not, but it seems to be a recurring theme with whoever calls the shots on marketplace.

Got done half an hour before it was supposed to close. Logged on, and... well, it was too late. I was pissed, especially since I rented TMNT to pull this off.

I got my newly repaired 360 back on friday and remembered about this Saturday to finish up the couple hundred points I needed to get free Contra.

lmao, i was 20 pts away.... then realized the freebies were shit/not worth my time and played MLB 2k7 online with all my time, and cracked the top 1,000 :)

I didn't even register for it... :lol: by the time I remembered, they were out of everything. When is the next one?

I registered on the site but not with the stupid old spice challenge. I'm studying full time so I play on my free time and don't have the time or want to screw up my grades for lousy prizes. Funny thing is I made it to level 2 as Tomb Raider Legends helped.:D

D'oh! I forgot to buy a 360 and get in on this :lol:.

Seriously, I was tempted but I'm glad I held off as now I can (hopefully) get an Elite. Once I do, it would be nice to know when the next challenge is so I can save some of the "easy" games for racking up points. I have a load of 360 games already thanks to CAG, so I can definitely hold a few back for easy points later.

Which of the following would be the easiest to get achievement points on?

Kameo
Full Auto
Lego Star Wars II (though I will probably play this anyway ASAP as my son wants to even though we finished the GC version)
Viva Pinata (ditto)
Gun
Chromehounds
Ridge Racer 6
Burnout Revenge
NCAA Football 07
N3
College Hoops 2K6
Table Tennis
Arcade Unplugged
King Kong
Enchanted Arms
Battle for Middle Earth
The BK games
Phantasy Star Universe
Tomb Raider Legend

...Good lord, what has this site done to me?? :rofl:

[quote name='Sporadic']The whole idea just seems lame to me.

I play games for fun on my off time, not for cheap prizes.[/QUOTE]

Ain't no cheap prizes if you man up. I'm getting a free $60 game, a T-shirt, $5 game of Contra and 200 M$ points.

So roughly I got for free $87 worth of stuff.

[quote name='io']D'oh! I forgot to buy a 360 and get in on this :lol:.

Seriously, I was tempted but I'm glad I held off as now I can (hopefully) get an Elite. Once I do, it would be nice to know when the next challenge is so I can save some of the "easy" games for racking up points. I have a load of 360 games already thanks to CAG, so I can definitely hold a few back for easy points later.

Kameo
Full Auto
Lego Star Wars II (though I will probably play this anyway ASAP as my son wants to even though we finished the GC version)
Viva Pinata (ditto)
Gun
Chromehounds
Ridge Racer 6
Burnout Revenge
NCAA Football 07
N3
College Hoops 2K6
Table Tennis
Arcade Unplugged
King Kong
Enchanted Arms
Battle for Middle Earth
The BK games
Phantasy Star Universe
Tomb Raider Legend

...Good lord, what has this site done to me?? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

brought you to the dark side. usually any sport game nets you tons of pts pretty fast. i also hear king kong and kameo are good for that last. for an easy 1000 pts play Fight Night round 3 if you hadnt done it yet. you can do it the easy way and go through career on easy and finish all the achievements in about 2-3 hours. I also thought Marvel ultimate alliance was an easy source for point also

You should also check out one of those websites that ranks achievement difficulty for 360 games. Here's one I just found by googling "Xbox 360 achievements" but there are others.

http://www.achieve360points.com/list

Kameo
Full Auto
Viva Pinata (ditto)
Gun
Chromehounds
Ridge Racer 6
Burnout Revenge
NCAA Football 07
N3
College Hoops 2K6
Table Tennis
Arcade Unplugged
King Kong
Enchanted Arms
Battle for Middle Earth
The BK games
Phantasy Star Universe
Tomb Raider Legend

...Good lord, what has this site done to me?? :rofl:[/quote]

Out of those you listed, these would be the best to get your points:

College Hoops 2K6 (an easy 1000 points in 15 minutes/one game of basketball)
King Kong
-those two should net you 2,000 points in 5-6 hours

Gun
N3
Tomb Raider Legend (probably the best of the bunch gameplay-wise)

So those who did complete the challenge and won a physical prize...anyone word if Microsoft is going to send us an email when they mail them out?

I don't have a problem with stuff like this, but when you're running a long-term challenge, it's best not to run out of prizes on day #2.

[quote name='lordwow']I don't have a problem with stuff like this, but when you're running a long-term challenge, it's best not to run out of prizes on day #2.[/quote]

This one wasn't too bad actually, I think it was about 7-10 days before the free FF2's ran out.

If the next challange is another "increase your gamerscore by X amount" effort then I guess any free games will run out quicker because there won't be the problem with everyone trying to register at the same time on the website and whatever game they're giving away free is bound to be better than Fusion Frenzy 2 :)

[quote name='lordwow']I don't have a problem with stuff like this, but when you're running a long-term challenge, it's best not to run out of prizes on day #2.[/QUOTE]

They didn't. I completed the challenge, on end of day 4, and they still had 70% stock of Fusion Frenzy 2. Also all of the digital content was unlimited.

I'm starting to believe the people bitching are just mad that they didn't get anything. All you have to do is get gamerpoints, and you get free stuff.

I really don't see that reason to argue, complain, bitch, or moan. Free stuff people FREE For completing a game or two. Hell you could have gotten the challenge done in an hour if you had old sports games.

Kameo
Full Auto
Viva Pinata (ditto)
Gun
Chromehounds
Ridge Racer 6
Burnout Revenge
NCAA Football 07
N3
College Hoops 2K6
Table Tennis
Arcade Unplugged
King Kong
Enchanted Arms
Battle for Middle Earth
The BK games
Phantasy Star Universe
Tomb Raider Legend

...Good lord, what has this site done to me?? :rofl:[/quote]
Kameo - Easy 600, the rest are A ranks on the levels and if you arent good at the game it may take awhile.

Full Auto - I havent played it but apparently it is fairly easy to get the achievements

Lego Star Wars II (though I will probably play this anyway ASAP as my son wants to even though we finished the GC version) - Again, I havent played it but I hear it is easy.

Viva Pinata (ditto) - You can get an easy 980 out of this in like 10-15 hours, then the other 20 points is from a 50 Hour Play time achievement.

Gun - Havent played it, i hear its easy for some of the achievements, but apparently when you up the difficulty it gets quite hard.

Chromehounds - Havent played it but its pretty tough to get alot of the achievements.

Ridge Racer 6 - Havent played it, I hear its very hard to rack up points in this one though.

Burnout Revenge - You can rack up a good amount in this one.

NCAA Football 07 - Easy 900 or so, but you have to simulate 60 seasons for the final achievement.

N3 - Easy, but long 800 or so. Then you have to get A ranks on all of the levels which takes some time, and then you have to Level every character up to 9 and then play through the game again for the last achievement. (btw, I found this game to be much better than what the reviews gave it credit for, even if its just you smashing the X button the whole game, its extremly fun in my opinion.)

College Hoops 2K6 - One of the Easiest 1000's of all games, takes about 30 minutes for the full 1k.

Table Tennis - Havent played it, and dont know anything about it.

Arcade Unplugged - There are a couple easy games and a couple hard games in this one.

King Kong - Easy 1000, but takes about 8 hours of excrutiating pain to get through this awful game.

Enchanted Arms - You get the full 1000 by just playing through the game.

Battle for Middle Earth - Havent played it, and dont know anything about it.

The BK games - Easy 500 or so, I quit playing Sneak King at 100 points because I couldnt stand playing it anymore.

Phantasy Star Universe - Same as Enchanted Arms, full 1000 by just playing through the game.

Tomb Raider Legend - Havent played it, but once again, its apparently an easy 1000.

And Damn, you have more games than I do and you dont even have the system, lol. Sell me some of those when you are done with them :p

[quote name='Graystone']Ain't no cheap prizes if you man up. I'm getting a free $60 game, a T-shirt, $5 game of Contra and 200 M$ points.

So roughly I got for free $87 worth of stuff.[/QUOTE]

What you got was a shitty bargain-bin destine game, shitty t-shirt, $5 dollar Contra and $2.50 of M$ :)roll: ) points that can buy approximately jack shit.

And only thing you had to do was rush through a whole bunch of crappy games you wouldn't have ever played and waste your time completing asinine goals.

WHAT A DEAL!!!! I WISH I WOULD HAVE MANNED UP!!!

[quote name='Sporadic']What you got was a shitty bargain-bin destine game, shitty t-shirt, $5 dollar Contra and $2.50 of M$ :)roll: ) points that can buy approximately jack shit.

And only thing you had to do was rush through a whole bunch of crappy games you wouldn't have ever played and waste your time completing asinine goals.

WHAT A DEAL!!!! I WISH I WOULD HAVE MANNED UP!!![/QUOTE]

I got Contra, just for playing games that I do already. No rushing through games, no money out of pocket and I got something for free.

Do us a favor and stop acting like a dick.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I got Contra, just for playing games that I do already. No rushing through games, no money out of pocket and I got something for free.

Do us a favor and stop acting like a dick.[/QUOTE]

I'm only a dick to complete retards.

Tell him to stop telling people to man up because they disagree with him/answer the question of the topic with their opinion and I'll stop responding.

The internet: it's a two way street

[quote name='Graystone']Ain't no cheap prizes if you man up. I'm getting a free $60 game, a T-shirt, $5 game of Contra and 200 M$ points.

So roughly I got for free $87 worth of stuff.[/QUOTE]

Fusion Frenzy 2 is $60? :whistle2:s And how much are they tacking on for the tee? $20?

[quote name='Sporadic']I'm only a dick to complete retards.

Tell him to stop telling people to man up because they disagree with him/answer the question of the topic with their opinion and I'll stop responding.

The internet: it's a two way street[/QUOTE]

It's obvious to everyone reading this thread that you are the problem. Goodbye.

Some people were able to get points by playing through games they were interested in playing, so let's not make this out to be like it's such a hassle for everyone to get those 1,500 points.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Some people were able to get points by playing through games they were interested in playing, so let's not make this out to be like it's such a hassle for everyone to get those 1,500 points.[/QUOTE]

Well, I failed to meet the requirements but that is basically what I did. I had no desire to play games just for points (sports games, King Kong, etc.) but it certainly gave me the extra push to go finish the games I was enjoying.

bread's done
Back