so whos got an iphone 4?

shosh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
thinking about upgrading to the iphone 4 and wanna see impressions.

i only have 6 months left on my contract and am trying to decide if i should upgrade for 2 years or leave for another carrier. looking to leave, but the iphone 4 is tempting. now that they upped their ETF to 350 and limited the data plan kinda makes me wanna leave as well.

If you already have an iPhone, you can keep your unlimited plan. Or you can just switch to T-Mobile (and have no 3G or visual voicemail) if you feel like leaving AT&T.

[quote name='lmz00']If you already have an iPhone, you can keep your unlimited plan. Or you can just switch to T-Mobile (and have no 3G or visual voicemail) if you feel like leaving AT&T.[/QUOTE]
are you talking about not having 3g with tmobile if i unlocked my iphone?

[quote name='xMalachi']That would be correct.[/QUOTE]
i actually didn't know that and was thinking about unlocking it for tmobile. that kinda changes everything.

[quote name='lmz00']If you already have an iPhone, you can keep your unlimited plan. Or you can just switch to T-Mobile (and have no 3G or visual voicemail) if you feel like leaving AT&T.[/QUOTE]

Does Tmobile NOT offer 3G? Or is there just some reason Tmobile's 3G network doesn't work with iPhone hardware?

iPhone is very over-rated in my opinion. plus AT&T no longer offers unlimited unless you have a "grandfather" account, but who know's how long that will last.

[quote name='Trufatty']iPhone is very over-rated in my opinion. plus AT&T no longer offers unlimited unless you have a "grandfather" account, but who know's how long that will last.[/QUOTE]
i love my iphone. its a great device.

but i was gonna get the htc hd 2. when i went to tmobile and looked at the phone i saw it was running winmobile 7. i threw up in my mouth and walked out.

don't get me wrong, the iphone is a great device.. i owned one since the 3g model, until i got my hands on an milestone running android... never looked back..

anyone know how the ETF fee works if you only cancel only the data plan portion of your phone with the iphone on att? do you have to pay the full ETF (minus the 5 bucks a month) or is it a lower fee if you keep voice?

[quote name='shosh']anyone know how the ETF fee works if you only cancel only the data plan portion of your phone with the iphone on att? do you have to pay the full ETF (minus the 5 bucks a month) or is it a lower fee if you keep voice?[/QUOTE]

Don't think its possible. You sign an agreement that requires you have a data plan while you have service with ATT.

[quote name='shosh']i love my iphone. its a great device.

but i was gonna get the htc hd 2. when i went to tmobile and looked at the phone i saw it was running winmobile 7. i threw up in my mouth and walked out.[/QUOTE]
Don't know what you're smoking but the HTC HD2 is NOT running 7. At most it's running 6.5, and from what I remember from playing with my sister's is that it's got some custom UI elements over top of that.

[quote name='xMalachi']Don't think its possible. You sign an agreement that requires you have a data plan while you have service with ATT.[/QUOTE]

yeah you cant do that. you must keep that data plan for that iphone. sorry

Let me start off by saying this. I LOVE the idea of owning an iphone. Thing's friggin sweet and the ideal smartphone,imo.

However, I would NOT recommend getting the Iphone 4 YET. Based on all the reviews on gizmodo, theirs a lot of issues. The first one being that there is yellow spots behind the screen on the inside of a bunch of people's new iphone 4's. The second major one is that you will lose reception if you hold it by the lower half of its sides(Look on gizmodo, you'll see what I mean).

I am NOT trying to start a flame war but with those two bugs I would seriously consider holding off until the next line of iphone 4's get released, such as in a few months time.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have unlimited data with AT&T but sign a new 2 year contract in order to get the iPhone 4, do you lose the unlimited plan?

[quote name='Kendro']If you have unlimited data with AT&T but sign a new 2 year contract in order to get the iPhone 4, do you lose the unlimited plan?[/QUOTE]

from what i understand, you still keep the unlimited plan

Still keep the plan. I have the new phone -- pretty good, but still an iphone. Battery life still not that great IMHO.

you can keep the unlimited data plan as long as you already had it. You cannot keep the unlimited plan and have tethering.

The jailbreak will come out but I wouldnt expect it before a few weeks

i upgraded from a 3G and have got to say that the 4 is really a huge HUGE step up. One of my buddies had a 3GS and cant believe how much better it is

The screen is ridiculous. It is simply amazing how sharp it looks. Damn near everything you look at looks like it is printed on there. The new camera is great. The android handsets have 8 mp cameras as oppossed to the iphone's 5mp but the iphone's camera consistently takes better quality photos in several different tests which can easily be found in a google search. I also love how intuitive the iOS is. I handed my phone to my (almost) 4 year old and he was using it no problem. After messing around with several of my friends' android phones I feel there is a learning curve to them. I can go on and on about it but it is just a great all around handset. Once the jailbreak comes out it will be without a doubt the king of the smartphone hill. I dont care about 4G due to the fact that I would actually get a 4G signal once in a blue moon due to where I live.

Beyond all the tech specs and arguements and fanboy ramblings, there is a reason everyone wants one of these phones.

I'm kinda wondering too. Right now, I'm seriously (about 80% decided) I'm switching to Verizon and the Droid X because of the antenna issues and the way Apple responded to it...it just kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

Is the antenna thing as bad as advertised? I'm sure it's overblown a bit but by how much because I hold my current iphone at the bottom of the device

From what I understand there was a firmware update to fix the antenna issue, and you can also fix it by getting a case for your phone, most people will buy a case anyways (or a bumper, but this is CAG, so I can't recommend paying $29 for a piece of silicon). A well designed case however is worth the $20-25 it will cost.

I have an Iphone 3g unlocked on T-mobile, yeah it does suck that there's no 3g service, but that gets balanced out by the fact that you can get unlimited data (EDGE) for just $10 a month if you know what your doing. Also if you already have an iPhone you should probably not want to upgrade since the glass casing on the iphone 4 is causing quite a few problems along with the reception issues, but that's just my opinion

with all the news in the media right now: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHaHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

it had to happen sooner or later folks. Where is your god now?

bread's done
Back