So...Yeah...Russia

nickmad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I've been here in St.Petersburg, Russia on buiness for awhile now and wanted to know if anyone has ever been here?

Thats it.

My mom's been there a couple of decades back. She was there on a Romanian business trip. Then she went to Korea.

We have an exchange student from Ukraine (former USSR?) in my sports class, and he plays a crazy game of soccer. I wish America liked soccer as much as European countries do.

Hope you have fun in St Petersburg!

I've been to Russia three times to adopt my two kids. Never St. Petersburg though, although I hear it's pretty cool.

I was in Moscow a lot, and Kranoyarsk, which is in the middle of Siberia (seriously someplace I never thought I'd be). They couldn't be more different. Moscow is quite modern and there's a lot of money there. Outside Moscow, especially as far as Krasnoyarsk, not so much.

The first trip we took was about a month after 9/11, which was a bit freaky.

I spent 3 weeks touring Russia just after high school, spent 4 days in Petrograd (St. Petersburg).. beautiful city really (atleast most of it).

Government is getting worse and worse isn't it?

My best friend's brother lives there, he's an architect.
He doesn't like the way things are going.

No but St. Petersburg is on my short list of places I want to visit before I kick the bucket. I'm very interested in Russian history.

I'll try to hit all the comments in a couple simple sentences...

St. Petersburg is an amazing place. To learn about the history and see the sights is quite the experience.
THe nightlife here is better than the best place in America. The women are beautiful and the clubs are fun.
Russian use alot of mayo in the food. Its vomitastic.

If you ever have the chance to come here, I suggest you do so.

[quote name='nickmad']I'll try to hit all the comments in a couple simple sentences...

St. Petersburg is an amazing place. To learn about the history and see the sights is quite the experience.
THe nightlife here is better than the best place in America. The women are beautiful and the clubs are fun.
Russian use alot of mayo in the food. Its vomitastic.

If you ever have the chance to come here, I suggest you do so.[/quote]

please, whatever you do, even if you could care less, GO TO THE Hermitage!

http://www.hermitagemuseum.org/

it's been a lifelong dream of mine to spend time in st. petersburg just to go to the museum.... i am way jealous.

[quote name='nickmad'] Russian use alot of mayo in the food. Its vomitastic.[/QUOTE]

QFMFT. My girlfriend is Ukrainian, and I just cannot eat any amount of mayonnaise, it's just disgusting to me. During meals with her family, I'm often reduced to chewing on bread and the like because so many of the dishes have tons of mayo in them. Russian food is interesting. Every dish is either vomit-inducing or just amazing. No in-between, and the worst thing is that look or smell is not a reliable indicator of which is which.

QFMFT. My girlfriend is Ukrainian, and I just cannot eat any amount of mayonnaise, it's just disgusting to me. During meals with her family, I'm often reduced to chewing on bread and the like because so many of the dishes have tons of mayo in them. Russian food is interesting. Every dish is either vomit-inducing or just amazing. No in-between, and the worst thing is that look or smell is not a reliable indicator of which is which.
Looks like I'll have a hard time there since I'm Vegan.

Government is getting worse and worse isn't it?

My best friend's brother lives there, he's an architect.
He doesn't like the way things are going.
Well, I think we all saw the Simpsons episode where they go back to being Communists.

The women are beautiful
Pictures?

[quote name='Sleepkyng']please, whatever you do, even if you could care less, GO TO THE Hermitage!

http://www.hermitagemuseum.org/

it's been a lifelong dream of mine to spend time in st. petersburg just to go to the museum.... i am way jealous.[/QUOTE]

Been there. Beautiful museum. When you leave the Hermitage, you walk right into Palace Square which is a site to be seen.

[quote name='dallow']Government is getting worse and worse isn't it?

[/quote]

It's scary actually the power that Putin yields.

[quote name='nickmad']Been there. Beautiful museum. When you leave the Hermitage, you walk right into Palace Square which is a site to be seen.[/quote]

gaaaahnnnnn....:drool:

bread's done
Back