SOCOM 4 $45 @ AMZ / Motorstorm Apocalypse $45 each @ Best Buy

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Motorstorm Apocalypse - $45 PS3

SOCOM 4 - $45 PS3

PSN just came back up tonight so pick these up and enjoy online play, uninterrupted![/QUOTE]

Can't wait for Amazon to match. Submitting price matches now.

They should give Socom out for free as a we sorry for having PSN down a month. Alot of PS3 only owners I know jumped on 360 deals.

[quote name='$hady']They should give Socom out for free as a we sorry for having PSN down a month. Alot of PS3 only owners I know jumped on 360 deals.[/QUOTE]

I bought a 360 last month so that I could play exclusives, specifically Gears of War I and II in preperation for the release of three.. but other then that and entering the Halo Franchise what other use do I have for my 360? Alan Wake? Maybe Fozra? Am I missing something?

[quote name='GBAstar']I bought a 360 last month so that I could play exclusives, specifically Gears of War I and II in preperation for the release of three.. but other then that and entering the Halo Franchise what other use do I have for my 360? Alan Wake? Maybe Fozra? Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Coming from someone who has a 10:1, maybe 12:1, of 360 to PS3 game collection ratio - Nope. I personally think Sony published 1st party games blow away the stuff on the 360. I just buy everything on 360 because that's the foundation platform I could afford when the 'next generation' was beginning

Network hack/issues aside; it's the install base that was created due to PS3's MSRP being double that of a 360 in the early goings, and a better online cross-game and online matchmaking, and chat/communication experience that keep me, my friends and countless other millions of gamers on the 'xbot' side of town. IMO.

[quote name='GBAstar']I bought a 360 last month so that I could play exclusives, specifically Gears of War I and II in preperation for the release of three.. but other then that and entering the Halo Franchise what other use do I have for my 360? Alan Wake? Maybe Fozra? Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]
An online network that doesn't go offline for a month.

Damn, that MotorStorm price works out pretty well for me.

I've been going through hell with the idiots at the Best Buy I shop at. Three weeks ago I tried to price matched Kmart's $40 Crysis 2 deal to use up some gift cards and reward zone certificates that were expiring. They denied it, and customer support told me they shouldn't have. So I went back last week to get it straightened out and they sold me the game for $40 but after half an hour of waiting for them to get it approved, or whatever the hell they were doing, they tell me I can't use reward certificates to pay for a price matched item. So I bought Motorstorm to use up the certificates along with Crysis 2. I talk to customer support and they told me certificates can be used to pay for price matched items. I was thinking of going back tomorrow to return Motorstorm and have the idiots find some way to apply the certificates I used on MotorStorm to Crysis, but for this price, I think I'll just get the price difference back on MS and call it a day. $45 is pretty good, and I really wanted the game. I just didn't want to burn $60 in cash and certificates on it. Saves me a lot of trouble arguing with those fools. Thanks OP!

/coolstorybro

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkZion']An online network that doesn't go offline for a month.[/QUOTE]

I think we'd all trade that for sending in our rrod boxes for 3 weeks every year or twice a year. 2007-2009 I went through 3 boxes. At least ps3 folks got to play offline.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']http://kotaku.com/340990/

I guess people forget Xbox 360 had it's own share of a 14 day outage back in 2008. No network is immune.[/QUOTE]

Why does this argument have to creep into so many threads? It always starts with some backhanded comment about PSN being down, and every time somebody feels the need to post about the 360 online being spotty for two weeks years ago, as if that is justification or comparable at all. PSN being down sucks and is an inconvenience but it isn't the reason that everyone including people from the government are so up in arms about this; that has a LITTLE more to do with the whole personal information being stolen and Sony refusing to tell anybody for a week.

Will bite on Motorstorm already got Socom 4 FDE for $60 at BB using $90 in RZ certs plus $15 gc + $10 pre-order. I expect to drop the PS3's price considerably the same way once it's $200 around E3.

[quote name='Enuf']Will bite on Motorstorm already got Socom 4 FDE for $60 at BB using $90 in RZ certs plus $15 gc + $10 pre-order. I expect to drop the PS3's price considerably the same way once it's $200 around E3.[/QUOTE]

Nice, that's a pretty good price to get SOCOM FDE for.. and now you can play it online!

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Nice, that's a pretty good price to get SOCOM FDE for.. and now you can play it online![/QUOTE]

LOL that shit ain't even out the box yet MK, MVC3, LA Noire, Dead Island, UC & batman AC may prevent it from seeing the inside of my 80 gig phat or price dropped E3 ps3 until this fall.

Great price for motorstorm. I love that series to death. I still have part one and i recently got pacific rift for 20 From kmart so part 2 will keep my motorstorm needs happy till i eventually get part 3

[quote name='Donutkid2222']oh man! Socom 4, not sure if I should get the game alone of the Full bundle.[/QUOTE]

Damn you missed the release week offer
$150 + $30 credit($10 giftcard, $10 pre-order bonus, $10 gamers club spending $150 on gaming)
They offered a $15 gc the following week online too

[quote name='rvdrock']They need to match on Motorstorm![/QUOTE]

Amazon acually had motorstorm for 45 around 3 days ago. I was going to post it but that stupid rule of Not being able to post ads untill you have been with the site for 30 days prevented me From doing so. Hope They match it

[quote name='guitarguy']^i dont think it was from AMZ though, it was a different seller[/QUOTE]

Mabye, i didnt check if it was a 3'rd party or not but regardless it was still on the Amazon site though

bread's done
Back