Socom 4, Killzone 3 $33 and 3DS Games On Sale at Costco BM

M_A_C

CAGiversary!
They have signs with $20 manufactures instant rebates making them $33. I picked up Socom 4. Most 3DS games were also on sale for between $20 and $30. [quote name='bojay1997']Confirmed in Burbank, CA. Just to clarify on the 3DS stuff Bust a Move is $20. Most of the Ubisoft, EA and Sega games and Lego Star Wars III are $27. None of the first party stuff has a rebate.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... SOCOM 4 at ~$33 is closer to my "buy zone". Will probably grab it if I happen to run by there in the next couple days. I'm sure PSN killed hype, sales, and the community, though; so we might see this even cheaper soon.

Yeah, I'm going to check it out also, don't have a costco membership lol. I will try my friend to help me, and pay half for his game for helping me.

[quote name='mattcube64']Hmm... SOCOM 4 at ~$33 is closer to my "buy zone". Will probably grab it if I happen to run by there in the next couple days. I'm sure PSN killed hype, sales, and the community, though; so we might see this even cheaper soon.[/QUOTE]

Played quite a bit tonight and I was getting into 32 man games almost instantly. The game is really fun too!

[quote name='ManchildofPV']is it in there flyer? Also is there any way you can get us picture proof for those who dont live near a costco[/QUOTE]

No, it's not in the flyer just like most of their rebates are not. Why would you need picture proof? Costco deals like this are not YMMV. It's a chain-wide rebate.

I just called and yes its nation wide, it's a instant rebate of 20, she was nice to tell me the price when they said they are not allowed to.

Confirmed in Burbank, CA. Just to clarify on the 3DS stuff Bust a Move is $20. Most of the Ubisoft, EA and Sega games and Lego Star Wars III are $27. None of the first party stuff has a rebate.

[quote name='bojay1997']No, it's not in the flyer just like most of their rebates are not. Why would you need picture proof? Costco deals like this are not YMMV. It's a chain-wide rebate.[/QUOTE]
cause there is no costco near me

I don't know if this will help anyone, because you might have rented the game, but be careful of Socom 4 if you are truly wanting a team experience. You will very rarely find that on the 32 player respawn games, and the game has a lot to do with luck rather than skill.

Lots of grenade spam online, and the bullet spray results in a lot of headshots. Even we I was playing good, I didn't feel like it. You can look on their leaderboards and see almost no one has over 15% accuracy on overall aim. It's just not the teambased game I expected.

Also, the single player is kinda throwaway. It's only about 5 hours long, and almost every level is completed twice. Once at night in stealth, once in day with full combat, and your AI teammates are really dumb (only noticable when you play on higher difficulty, which I don't recommend if you easily get mad).

If you want a distraction, this is a game that could do it for you, but it's not something that will keep you around a long time. I had to wait a month almost to play it online because I bought it on release, but it really was not worth it. I don't think it's worth it for $33 either. Please try it out before you buy it.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']anyone know a clever way to enter and purchase from costco without a membership. Costco is 5 minutes away by car, right next to target.[/QUOTE]
If you were somehow able to obtain a Costco gift card, they'll let you in and allow you to complete a purchase without a membership.

Hmm, I might check out the 3DS games.
It sounds like Pilotwings and SSFIV3D aren't part of the sale (the 2 main launch games I still want), but I have a $20 gift certificate for Costco that I could use on one of the ~$27 games. :)
It'd be great if they had Dream Trigger or DOA!

[quote name='Gameboy415']Hmm, I might check out the 3DS games.
It sounds like Pilotwings and SSFIV3D aren't part of the sale (the 2 main launch games I still want), but I have a $20 gift certificate for Costco that I could use on one of the ~$27 games. :)
It'd be great if they had Dream Trigger or DOA![/QUOTE]

They have neither Dream Trigger nor DOA.

[quote name='ryamkajr']No, you pay $33.99 + (local tax rate * $53.99)

If your tax is 10% (for example) = 33.99 + 5.40.[/QUOTE]

CA tax now what..9.50%? SUX!

bread's done
Back