Socom Confrontation w/ Headset $19.96 at Wal-mart YMMV

[quote name='bredbu']i just picked up 2 in erwin, NC they still had about four left[/QUOTE]

Dude, I almost drove out there to get one, the Walmart in Sanford was sold out.

So I noticed that the store finder search on walmart.com was omitting a store 10 minutes away from my house. I, of course, decided to go check it out. They had two copies left behind glass, but both rang up at $59.99...weird and lame...

[quote name='georgeb76']Dude, I almost drove out there to get one, the Walmart in Sanford was sold out.[/QUOTE]

yea you should go out there tommorow who knows how long they will last i drove down from raliegh it was like a 50 minute drive but totally worth it.

Went to three stores and the last one had one left. The box had a dent but I'm not complaining.

Also for everyone looking, the in-store indicator on walmart.com is not totally accurate as it did not list the store (where I bought it from) as in stock.

[quote name='georgeb76']Dude, I almost drove out there to get one, the Walmart in Sanford was sold out.[/QUOTE]

LOL I'm the one that bought the last 2 they had last week. I drove all the way out from Chapel Hill to pick them up.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']LOL I'm the one that bought the last 2 they had last week. I drove all the way out from Chapel Hill to pick them up.[/QUOTE]

you bastard! Kidding , lol. I did not really need it anyway, I already own the game and a decent headset, but it is hard to pass up a good deal. Didn't realize I had competition in this area

All the walmarts around the Murfreesboro, TN area were out, the only store that walmart.com listed as having one was in Lebanon, TN. This was about 30 miles away from me, fortunately I had a friend who lives out there who picked it up for me. My experience showed the store locator was accurate, but ymmv....

The only store that shows up with this and saying its out of stock is 30 miles away, dont really wanna go there to check and it not be. If i call the store and give them the UPC code, shouldn't their systems tell them if they have it or not?

I picked one up, box was sealed. I opened it and the headset was missing! Wal-Mart would not refund me for it and there were no more in stock! This is why I dont normally shop at walmart! They will refund some bum for used underwear with no receipt but they will not refund an honest paying customer with a receipt that actually worked for their money.

every walmart I went to was out of stock. I just ordered it on ebay for $40. looks like some people are taking advantage of this and buying out all walmart stock

[quote name='sunghost']so is this confirmed to not be ymmv? it's an actual price drop at walmart? has anyone found the headset bundle for MORE than $19.96 at their walmart?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Still rings up 59.96 at my walmart. :(

[quote name='Dann-o']I picked one up, box was sealed. I opened it and the headset was missing! Wal-Mart would not refund me for it and there were no more in stock! This is why I dont normally shop at walmart! They will refund some bum for used underwear with no receipt but they will not refund an honest paying customer with a receipt that actually worked for their money.[/QUOTE]
this is when you walk back into the store, and ask the store manager for the regional managers phone number and extension, and make the call...

[quote name='Dann-o']I picked one up, box was sealed. I opened it and the headset was missing! Wal-Mart would not refund me for it and there were no more in stock! This is why I dont normally shop at walmart! They will refund some bum for used underwear with no receipt but they will not refund an honest paying customer with a receipt that actually worked for their money.[/QUOTE]

Dude i was in your same boat, but luckily they had another one in stock at my store so they accpeted an exchange.

Yeah they said I could exchange it but there were no more in the store so I was SOL. After arguing with the manager, they offered me a gift card :/ They are lucky I was out of milk.

Just picked this up for 19.96 at Walmart in Austin, TX. Best bet for me was to do an online search of the bundle at walmart.com and the one that sold it and had it in stock was where I found it.

Nothing in CT how lame. I could really use a bluetooth headset. If anyone is willing to sell an extra for 30$ pm me. thanks

Wife scored one in Pflugerville, Tx. They had another 8 copies of it according to her. If I get the chance this week, I'll try to run by and pick a few more up.

anyone happen to pick one up in PA?? I'm gonna go try today.. and also, is this the official sony bluetooth headset? aanddd is it the same one that comes in the EndWar bundle?

[quote name='180husher']Four copies at my store with a big price drop sign on the case...been there for a month.[/QUOTE]
And why have you not purchased any of them? o_O I'd kill to find it. I got a bluetooth headset from the K-Mart 30$ sale a week or two ago but still.

[quote name='craig.courtney']I called my local Walmart (Bremerton, WA) and they had 2 but at normal price : ([/QUOTE]

Probably just stickered at that price, but would ring up at 19.99 because Home Office dropped the price.

[quote name='ets']Probably just stickered at that price, but would ring up at 19.99 because Home Office dropped the price.[/QUOTE]
Yea im going to look into it anyways

I spotted two of them last night that had never been there before; must've found them in the back or something. Didn't wanna force the electronics guy to ring up my groceries, so I'll go back when I get off work tonight and pick them up.

EDIT: I did exactly that, picked up both remaining copies. Got up to the register and the guy tried to sound all smart. He said, "You know, you can buy this game on the PlayStation Store for $29.99." I said, "Well, I'm buying it right now for $19.96." You should have seen the visible wave of shock roll over the guy. He literally jerked and then froze in place for a couple seconds, then in an almost panicky-sounding voice he says, "B-but, I thought they were $59.99." He then scans it and his jaw actually drops. And I said, "Yeah, plus I'm getting a $50 headset for free. That's why I'm buying both copies." He was visibly disappointed that he wouldn't be able to run back and get a copy for himself, LOL.

I cracked one open to use the headset with my iPhone, and after selling the game on eBay for $10 I've got a nice $10 headset. And the second copy is going on eBay sealed for $40 which will net me a $20 profit. :whistle2:D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SativaSam']And why have you not purchased any of them? o_O I'd kill to find it. I got a bluetooth headset from the K-Mart 30$ sale a week or two ago but still.[/QUOTE]

Got a headset from Warhawk and another from Endwar...don't need a third.

[quote name='180husher']Got a headset from Warhawk and another from Endwar...don't need a third.[/QUOTE]

Why couldn't you leave one for another CAG member to buy and benefit. That's part of the reason why these are hard to find.

bread's done
Back