SOCOM (PS3) w/ Headset $39.99 at Shopko

Wow that's steal...

The mic is awesome and the game has come a long way since the first week.

I bought the bundle for 60$ traded the game back for 22$ with some coupons and edge card and called it a day. But its worth it.

[quote name='jalopez86']I bought the bundle for 60$ traded the game back for 22$ with some coupons and edge card and called it a day. But its worth it.[/quote]

22 bucks eh? do you remember the base resale value?

keep in mind that the game at this time does not work and there is no single player. if you can wait for them to patch the game, then its a good deal. peace

[quote name='nbballard']22 bucks eh? do you remember the base resale value?[/QUOTE]
I think it was a measly 16$ but I used the 30% extra cellfire coupon and the edge card.

this is SOCOM Confrontation right? I wish there was a Shopko near me...

My brother wants this game (for the official PS3 headset + stand) and we picked up game only used at GS for $35 + 10%off...they also had the Buy2Get1 free during that time, but we plan on returning it soon... :p

[quote name='mr rico college']keep in mind that the game at this time does not work and there is no single player. if you can wait for them to patch the game, then its a good deal. peace[/quote]

the game works for me...

Are you sure it includes the headset and it's not the $40 version. Just seems that way since all of the games see to be 5 dollars off? Or did you actually get one and it was the full blown version?

It does seem like it should be the $40 version since all games have the $5 battery rebate available. But, the picture in the weekly flyer shows the headset bundle.

Mightly tempting :drool: The SOCOM bundle for $35 /w battery MIR. I need some 9V batteries anyway so I might just jump on it if it still works in this coming weekend.

The game got a 60% rating on gamerankings.com and IGN doesn't even want to review it. I played the beta (2 weeks before release) and it sucked. It failed probably because it's made by the PSP team Slat6 than the old PS2 team.

Considering the headset's MSRP is $50, $40 for the headset and game isn't too bad, even if the game sucks (I'm thinking of it like Wii Play; it's just a cheap throw-in)

[quote name='Evi1d33d']The game got a 60% rating on gamerankings.com and IGN doesn't even want to review it. I played the beta (2 weeks before release) and it sucked. It failed probably because it's made by the PSP team Slat6 than the old PS2 team.[/QUOTE]

IGN probably doesn't want to review it because it is crappy right now. Read 1up's review: They explain that it is buggy and bad right now, but the problems will obviously be fixed in time and they will re-review it when it gets patched.

Snagged one last night at Shopko for the advertised price. This is indeed for the headset bundle. I bought the two packs of Rayovac batteries too but for some reason I did not get a rebate. Went to customer service and they said someone else had that problem earlier and they had no rebates to give. Said to come back today after they contacted corporate for the rebate. I may just return the batteries rather than dealing with another damn rebate.

[quote name='Exodus.Lang']Considering the headset's MSRP is $50, $40 for the headset and game isn't too bad, even if the game sucks (I'm thinking of it like Wii Play; it's just a cheap throw-in)[/QUOTE]

Good call! I can easily justify it that way...

[quote name='nbballard']22 bucks eh? do you remember the base resale value?[/quote]

Just traded it in yesterday (10/28)

Base Value (without Edge or any other coupons)
SOCOM: Confrontation (PS3): $19.75

Dang, I already got the bundle for $60 at Hastings...

Does this apply to all Shopko locations? I looked at their weekly ad online using my zip code and I don't see the bundle...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SDC']IGN probably doesn't want to review it because it is crappy right now. Read 1up's review: They explain that it is buggy and bad right now, but the problems will obviously be fixed in time and they will re-review it when it gets patched.[/quote]

That is funny most of the time they review a PC game and just say that the game needs a patch. Even so they still give the game a score, it sounds like a double standard to me. either you review the retail game when it comes out or you don't. They also should just say it needs a patch , not wait for the patch then review. That is just shitty review standards, I have never seen anyone do that for any game nor would i want them to. that just further proves its OK to come out with a half ass game and rely on patches to get it to work right .(BF2,BF2142 comes to mind)

[quote name='ObiBen']http://www.shopko.com/ProductL2_Product2090840405_CategoryHomeElectronicsVideoGames.aspx

$34.99 AFTER REBATE*

save $5 on any DVD, CD or video game
* with mail-in rebate when you purchase any (2) 12-pk. AA/AAA, 4-pk. C/D or 2-pk. 9-volt Rayovac® batteries.
10/26/2008 - 10/31/2008[/quote]

So basically, you save a meager $5 via MAIL IN REBATE, if you buy $12 or more worth of batteries. I didn't even know they still made Rayovac batteries.

Also, there's NO Shopko anywhere near me(Pennsylvania) AND I despise the thought of paying more than $10 for any game that doesn't have an offline single or multiplayer mode, even with a headset included in the package.

bread's done
Back