Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer - Out on PSN Store Now!

i personally think the game is awesome.

then again. i love these types of games. though, like others said, its VERY HARD, and thats on the normal setting :p

[quote name='imascrub']what's wrong with games these days. You'd expect online multiplayer for most of them with all the online marketplace/friend's list/online console community/etc, but it seems lately a lot of games I've anticipated don't have online play...[/QUOTE]A lot of it comes down to on PSN especially, you might need to setup your own servers for games (I could be wrong, but I know that since XBL is a closed network, MS already provides a lot of it). And since some developers are small, they just can't do it. Even if they do, Sony doesn't provide the code to implement voice chat and many other online features, kind of has to be done manually. That's what leads to the smaller games on PSN lacking online at times, or being very barebones (a $60 retail game is more likely to get an expansive only).

Got a code for this and managed to beat the first level. It's pretty good so far, though I need to learn how the game works and all that.

It's at least the best German-named shmup I've played recently.

glad im not the only one that got stuck on stage 2. i've been practicing with gradius advance on my breaks at work in hopes that can help me get a bit better with shooters again. think the last one i really played hardcore was hellfire on the genesis, i could do fairly decent on that one. i really do like this game though an im starting to get the hang of the combo system (guess it does help that it tells you when you should switch weapons to raise your combo level). i would recommend anyone that loves shmups just realize that it is hard as a mofo.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Stage two is hell for me... I'll just keep on truckin' to see if I can make it to the next stage. :/[/QUOTE]

its all the damn walls. half the time i would notice them too late too, and get stuck behind them abnd die... :(

[quote name='endlessPRO']its a very challenging game[/quote]

Understatement of the year.

How hard is this game on easy? I do like a challenge up to a certain point but it sounds like this game would just be frustrating. Also I like to play coop on these types of games and my friends aren't generally the best at shmups.

It's still fairly hard on easy or very easy, but it's much more manageable compared to the higher difficulties. I don't think you'll be able to easily beat the game on very easy your first time through, but maybe with some skill and training, it could happen.

The game gets a LOT easier the more you play, since you could get more credits the more your ranking increases. It seems everytime I play, I get more credits for the next time I want to play. :)
I made it to the fourth stage, but it's so hard because a lot of the bigger enemies have a ton of health... And this is on Very Easy difficultly :(

Is there a website that can tell me where all the secret keys are? I have 4 in the first world, and 3 in every other world. I need at least 4 in each world to get my next trophy. :(

Is this game heavy on dodging environmental hazards? I love shmups but I prefer shooting enemies rather than flying around canyon walls and such.

[quote name='NTolerance']Is this game heavy on dodging environmental hazards? I love shmups but I prefer shooting enemies rather than flying around canyon walls and such.[/quote]

Like Frisky said, the entire second stage is inside a cave. The third stage has asteroids that appear midway through, and the fourth is annoying, since there are tons of enemies shooting on screen at once, all while you have to dodge floating debris. :(

Everytime I play this game, I hear the heavy saying WAHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHH CRY SOME MOAR

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Unfortunately, it's not. :([/quote]
Nooooooooo!!!

At least I can get the other cumulative ones eventually. I'm about 30% done with the 50k enemies killed trophy.

Is anyone still playing this? ;)
I need to find Secret Key #2 in the Second World, has anyone found it? :(

Another thing I learned while playing this game... Weapon chaining is crucial to going a long way in terms of how you'll do in the later stages. Weapon chaining is the easiest way to getting rockets and various other power-ups, which is really helpful for taking down bosses or even sub-bosses easily.

I have to say that I'm really enjoying this game. The chain system finally clicked and the game's gotten more enjoyable. For being hard, it doesn't just kick you in the balls over and over again, but gives you options (difficulties and the continue/rank system) if you're not a shmup god.

I gotta finish up the SSHD trophies before I pursue this game, usually health bars in Shooters make it a tad easier on me, I'm so used to one-hit deaths.

Wow...just finished the game last night, and I must say that I haven't had this much fun playing a (Not a...shmup!) shooter in years. Sure, it's on the short side, but it's pretty sweet because of it's replay value. Killing that last boss felt really satisfying because it took a lot of hard work to get there... The game is totally worth it for those looking for a challenge, though be warned it's not going to be easy. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody else noticed that the online leaderboards are down? And it's just as I started getting decent at the game and getting 300k regularly.

I'm guessing that it's because the official site is down and that is where the leaderboards are hosted.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Has anybody else noticed that the online leaderboards are down? And it's just as I started getting decent at the game and getting 300k regularly.

I'm guessing that it's because the official site is down and that is where the leaderboards are hosted.[/quote]

The site's not loading for me, so it probably is down... and thus, why the leaderboards are down as well.

Finally beat this, on very easy and with four continues. I can get to the third world on one continue, so it's not too bad as long as you keep leveling up your chains and building up your multishots. I saw from the ending and from the hidden trophies that
there's a fifth world, so how do I unlock it? Is it difficulty-based or is there another requirement?

So I've got three trophies right now (beating first and fourth levels and 50k kills), so this is a fairly hard game to get trophies in. I can probably get to 3k chains, five minutes without taking damage, and maybe the rank 15 trophy, but I can't see myself getting much else. It's still a lot of fun, so I may try the easy mode next.

In the third world, I believe four of those keys appear after passing the asteroids. You could find those keys by destroying stuff that's near the floor or on the ceiling. In one part, there's a floor with a narrow gap underneath, and at the end of that gap there's stuff that you destroy in order to get a key.
In the second world, just shoot everything near the floor or ceiling and see if you can find any destructable things for the keys. Four of the keys in that world appear after those mini-bosses with the drill heads.
In the fourth, there are a couple of enemies that appear above the rocky areas that possess keys, try not to die because you might miss them if you're respawning. And this stage in general, grab them quickly, because they'll 'float' away... and that would suck. Hope this helps. ;)

http://www.soldner-x.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=62&Itemid=1

There's a new patch that went up in the past few weeks that offers these additions/fixes:

• A new BEGINNER difficulty level has been added, specifically for all the players who requested a very easy beginner's mode.
  • A new tutorial has been added. It will be triggered after dying for the first time in world #2 or later. The tutorial explains how to avoid getting stuck within obstacles.
  • The outro and credit cutscenes can now be skipped. However, skipping is only possible after watching the credits at least one time until the end.
  • On very rare occassions, a bug occured during a boss fight, forcing the player to quit and restart the game. This has been fixed.
  • Several minor improvements have been made.
I was surprised to see that it actually told me what's in it when I selected to download the update. It's only ~3 MB, so it's not a big patch at all.

[quote name='Corvin']I really want this game, but I'm waiting on a sale.[/QUOTE]

Don't let the flashy HD graphics fool you. R-Type Delta is much better game.

bread's done
Back