Solatorobo: Red the Hunter (DS) - Catching scorned MML3 fans on the rebound! Out Now!

[quote name='pete5883']Soundtrack seems to be in the package.[/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks. Will preorder it tomorrow and put gamestop to work. :lol:

Question. Will this game be available in stores tomorrow or not? Waiting on my gamestop call but I kinda want to plan out my tomorrow since I want to take advantage of the PS Move bundle at k-mart. I mean it will be highly uneconomical to make two trips to the same mall in 2 days but hey, I am a CAG, and getting move for $22 after trading in Tiger Woods 2012 would work for me.

Anyone know if "pick up in-store" preordering at GS.com ever worked for this game? I wanted to switch to it from amazon that will take its sweet time shipping it to me, but it wasn't available as of this past weekend.

Anyone get the game yet?
None on stores and Amazon says 8-9 shipping.
I mean i have free shipping but had it pre-ordered like a month ago

Mine is still Not Yet Shipped, delivery estimate 10/4, and I preordered it in August. I wonder if anyone got a copy or if the game is just delayed.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Anyone get a call from Gamestop today about the game? I am curious because you can order it on Gamestop.com.[/QUOTE]

Nope.

I think there might've been a shipping delay. Amazon has it shipping on 8-9 days. Cancelled my order at Amazon, hoping it'll show up nearby at GS.

[quote name='pete5883']I think there might've been a shipping delay. Amazon has it shipping on 8-9 days. Cancelled my order at Amazon, hoping it'll show up nearby at GS.[/QUOTE]
Check tomorrow. I got a call from GS saying my game will be in tomorrow afternoon. Now by tomorrow afternoon I hope they mean 10 fucking AM because that's when I am going up there.

Just got back from Gamestop. My copy was in and well haven't even put it in my 3DS yet. Now I will say the box is a bit bigger than Radiant Historia, SMT Strange Journey, etc because the soundtrack is in a jewel case instead of a cardboard sleeve which is nice. I almost don't want to open the soundtrack now since it's sealed :lol:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Any day now...

At least the status changed to "In Stock."[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped and it looks like it will arrive tomorrow (Did 2-Day Free Prime Shipping).

Just picked it up. Pretty nice packaging: embossed cardboard for the outer box, a jewel case for the soundtrack CD, and a full-color manual. Played a bit of it too, and it's been interesting so far, though the combat is pretty simple. I'm playing it on a DSi, and the framerate does seem a bit smoother than the gameplay footage shown in a Youtube video I watched a while back.

Caught the
G Gundam
reference:
The referee on the Duel Ship is clearly modeled after G Gundam's eyepatch and tuxedo-clad announcer. The reference is driven home in the final round when the referee describes Red as having something like "Shining Hands that are Roaring for Victory!"

More impressions! How does this play? Like a platformer crossed with an RPG?

I went to the store and looked at the box and it looked cool to me. And a CD in a jewel case is very impressive in this day and age!

got it from gamefly yesterday...

fun little game about 3 hours into it.. so far it seems WAY too easy

one thing i dont like about the game is you got to HAMMER on your A button to lift monsters to attack them (might change later on the story but the first part you do) good way to wear out your A button

some reviews i read said the game is Easy and only last around 15 hours (is a new game+ there is another story mode AFTER THE CREDITS ROLL SO Dont stop playing it there . and someone said and you can collect the pictures and music to add to the time but the main story can be beat in 15 hours)

if that is true i will just keep my gamefly copy for 2 weeks and return it around the 14th
at the latest

if i did buy it

I could see buying it for 15 or less... never 35 bucks

I've been playing this off and on since I got it on Friday. I'm not sure how many hours I've played so far unfortunately. However, yeah, the game is pretty easy. They challenge you occasionally by setting limits on some fights (usually timed) and most of these cases seem to be optional tournaments. Though I have yet to fail one, including take no damage limits.

Sometimes I'll get up to a sub-boss/boss and I'll just mid-air combo the crap out of him and then after the third hit I'll just flip him back up in an instant and do it all over again. I feel like I'm playing a fighting game where I can infinitely juggle people. Maybe upping my hydraulics makes the game stupidly easy as it's all about lifting enemies and then throwing them.

Other than the difficulty though, the game is fairly enjoyable. Side quests are usually fast and not too difficult. The air races are probably the most difficult, at least at first.

I just played through the prologue and was very underwhelmed. Gonna keep trucking for now though. The game looks like total shit on a phatty though.

Got my copy last Wednesday at Gamestop and I was the only preorder. The second only copy they received was gutted and put on the shelf. Might have to sit in my backlog, unless I hear some awesome things from you all to motivate me to move the game up the backlog list.

found out the game has 10 missions (chapters) then credits roll and then another game and another 10 chapters...

still finding the game very easy into chapter 8 still never lost once,..

One thing i do hate about this game is your forced to do almost all of the quest cause you will not have enough quest points to move onto the next set of quest.

Just beat Round 1

(first 10 chapters) after being chapter 10 let the credits roll there is another 10 chapters to go

First 10 chapters 8 hours ... only lost once to the final boss

if the next 10 chapters are this short and i can beat the game in around 16 to 20 hours i would say that is VERY LOW for a game that cost 35 bucks

20 buck maybe but i still think the game is WAY Overpriced at 35

heads up .. Chapter 11 -20 is sort of longer then 1-10... i been a hour in chapter 11 just trying to level up. and i heard in chapter 13 your going to have to grind major for cash for upgrades

Last edited by a moderator:
This game kind of sucks... I keep playing it because it's not quite offensively bad, but I think it's getting there. Especially since there's a
fucking pervert bath scene... with furries. Was that really necessary?

Xseed, why bring over this game when there's so many other, better ones that have been left behind in Japan? I think it's one of those games that should have stayed there, even if Tail Concerto fans would have whined. It's just... not good.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']This game kind of sucks... I keep playing it because it's not quite offensively bad, but I think it's getting there. Especially since there's a

Xseed, why bring over this game when there's so many other, better ones that have been left behind in Japan? I think it's one of those games that should have stayed there, even if Tail Concerto fans would have whined. It's just... not good.[/QUOTE]

think that is bad according to gamefaqs starting in chapter 13 - chapter 20 (end of game) you will have to buy a new upgrade for the Dahak

Im up to chapter 13 well just starting chapter 14

i think around 12 hours into the game and have 8000 rings left

the chapter 13 upgrade is 6000 rings

if you have to buy an upgrade every chapter its going to kill this game cause its going to take 1-2 hours per chapter just to grind enough to get money for the upgrades.... should know more by friday night cause i hope to beat

chapter 14-16 tonight (unless you do have to buy the upgrades every chapter) then if that happen i think i will just beat chapter 14 and then desided if its worth the hassle

[quote name='Dead of Knight']This game kind of sucks... I keep playing it because it's not quite offensively bad, but I think it's getting there. Especially since there's a

Xseed, why bring over this game when there's so many other, better ones that have been left behind in Japan? I think it's one of those games that should have stayed there, even if Tail Concerto fans would have whined. It's just... not good.[/QUOTE]

Wooooooo at that spoiler!! Really?! Gross.

I want to try this but I have such a backlog right now... !!!!!

Finally got my copy in the mail. I want to play the game, but the oversized packaging is so attractive, and it arrived in such pristine shape, I almost don't want to open it.

[quote name='2DMention']Wooooooo at that spoiler!! Really?! Gross.

I want to try this but I have such a backlog right now... !!!!![/QUOTE]

More detail on the spoiler... remember the game is still rated E10.

Red walks on someone toweling off after a shower. They show the character wet and covered only in a towel. Red remarks on the boobage. Of a fucking furry.

seems a misprint..There are upgrades for your robot on chapter 13-20 your not FORCED to buy them BUT if you want to buy them your going to have to grind and grind major since each upgrade is like 6000 to 8000 rings

[quote name='Dead of Knight']More detail on the spoiler... remember the game is still rated E10.

Red walks on someone toweling off after a shower. They show the character wet and covered only in a towel. Red remarks on the boobage. Of a fucking furry.
[/QUOTE]
Jesus fucking Christ. I knew I should not of bought this game, I basically need to hide the fact that I own this game from every friend I have basically, but now with that part, yeah this makes it worse :lol:

Just an FYI... decided to stop playing the game just because I wasn't having fun. No particular moment set me off, I just realized it would be a waste of time to play any more of the game when my time is precious. Amazon was offering $23 for trade in so I bit on that.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Just an FYI... decided to stop playing the game just because I wasn't having fun. No particular moment set me off, I just realized it would be a waste of time to play any more of the game when my time is precious. Amazon was offering $23 for trade in so I bit on that.[/QUOTE]

i would of gave you a little more then that (probally 25 just to have it in my collection)

I just got done with the copy i got from gamefly ...

There are 10 chapters then credits roll
then there are 10 more chapters after that

Total time to play and beat it 16 hours 4 mins

Times killed and had to retry or restart probally 5

chapter 20 boss was way too easy killed it the first time i tried it

there is a new game + what allows you to transfer your
Level
Coins
Crystal slots
any upgrade you got

BUT your hunters rank goes back down to 1 (YOU WILL NEED LEVEL 8 to beat the game)

the chapter 13 to 16 (i think chapter 16 is the final chapter you have to do quest) quest just drug out way too long and it was boring ....

Fun game yes.
Time killer yes
Want to play it again ? Maybe (would say YES but those quest you have to redo kills the fun for me)
WOrth 35 bucks? A BIG NO

20 buck tops since it only last around 16 to 20 hours ......

i think its way overpriced at 35, glad i never paid 35 bucks for it

Rented this and harvest moon tale of two towns this month for 18 bucks so figured i paid 9 bucks to rent each for the month .

wonder if i made a difference
RED 35 bucks AMAZON offers 23 Lost 12 bucks
MOON 30 bucks AMAZON offers 15 Lost 15 bucks

so if i paid full price and resold to amazon would lost 27 bucks gamefly was only 18 so seems i made a little though probally could get a little higher out of each game on ebay...

For those who have GAMEFLY

HARVEST MOON TALE OF TWO TOWNS 19.99 (or 17.99 if you been with them for a year) AMAZON offers 15 for it.. If i knew amazons credit would hold i would keep the game for another month and sell it back to amazon for 15 only costing me 3 bucks to rent it for 2 months but i doubt the trade vaule will hold (edit i can see why gamefly is selling this cheap... finally put it in my ds and it moves so slow i took it out within 20 mins.... wow these games use to be fun but they are just boring tome now

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody's answered this yet, but what kind of a game is this? I've read it's a beat em up crossed with an RPG. If that's true, I don't care how furry it is, I love games like River City Ransom!!!

I might pick it up after trading an iPod Shuffle from gamestop.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']It's not anywhere close to River City Ransom. Good god.

One way to describe it would be a poor man's Zelda. For preschoolers. With furries.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I dunno.

bread's done
Back