sold Day of the Tentacle for $60

schultzed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
My cleaning out of the basement continues and just the other day I sold Day of the Tentacle complete in box for $59.90 on Amazon.

Made a disc copy for myself . . . turns out that someone has made a SCUMMVM program that allows you to play these old LucasArts games on Win XP.

Anyway, I wish I had more old collectible PC software.

Edited to correct scummvm typo . . . thanks dark inchworm!

The program's actually ScummVM. (scummvm.org) It's pretty dandy, lets you play old LucasArts titles and various other adventure titles (Broken Sword, Beneath a Steel Sky, Gobliiins, etc.) not only under XP, but on a variety of platforms. Linux/Unix/Dreamcast/PS2/PSP/etc. etc.

Anyway... nice sale :) I've still got the game around here, somewhere.

I didn't really enjoy Day of the Tentacle. I got about 3/4 of the way through and just said screw it and used a walkthrough to complete.

I did love Loom, though. It and Indiana Jones were the best.

I tried to play through the Monkey Island games recently, but honestly it was pretty tedious. The whole game is simply running from area to area trying to find some obscure clickable area on the screen. I felt like I was just getting item A, taking it to place B, to use on item C, which allowed me to get item D, taking it to place E. I guess each of the games were essentially like this but you tend to forget these type of things when reminiscing.

nice sale OP...my best friend and I played that game all the time when we had our old 33mhz IBM PC with a 2x cd rom drive. I liked the first escape from monkey myself. Guybrush Threepweed was my hero.

DOTT was the first point-and-click adventure game. I tried to show my friends how cool and funny it was, but they never got into it. Nevertheless, I continued to play the rest of the Lucasarts adventure games. Good times. Now I like to replay them on my PSP.

Lucasarts needs to concentrate on other things besides making Star Wars games. They also need to stop bringing up my hopes by starting adventure projects like Full Throttle: Hells on Wheels and Sam & Max 2 and then crushing me me by canceling them!!!

Wow, I loved those old school adventure games - but I sux at them so much, I always end up using walkthrough to beat those games.

I always wanted to try Loom since its been advertised so much on Monkey Island.

DOTT and IJ:FOA were two of my favorite games back in the day..that SCUMM program works great and allows me to play these games with no problems. I did buy DOTT CD off of ebay a few months ago for about 12 bucks or so. Stupid me bought ST: Birth of the Federation for 30 bucks used off of ebay only to find out a week later a site that I could download it for free :|

bread's done
Back