Sold something on amazon and got this weird address

david12795

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
So long story short, i sold something on amazon and this buyer (profile just launched) had this address that seems very odd to me:

4E INTEL BN (FWD) PACO/AFP UNIT XXXX

(the 4E is a made up of a similar number/letter respectively)

but what the heck is PACO/AFP unit?! i mean i heard of APO/FPO. i contacted amazon and they said they will get right back to me.

and as for the buyer i contacted him and he said its part of his platoon in afghanistan.

what should i do? i mean i dont want to get scammed here..

Your not getting scammed. This is legit. I've done this several times before. You only have to fill out custom forms if it weights a certain amount.

[quote name='dmes65']Your not getting scammed. This is legit. I've done this several times before. You only have to fill out custom forms if it weights a certain amount.[/QUOTE]

so can i make a label online and then do the customs at a local USPS?

[quote name='david12795']so can i make a label online and then do the customs at a local USPS?[/QUOTE]

yes

[quote name='62t']yes[/QUOTE]

all right, now im less paranoid.

but i searched around the usps site to find out more about custom declaration packages and im pretty much confused about this whole process. i did find this:

http://webapps.usps.com/customsforms/sender_recipient_APO_FPO.jsp

and..

http://webapps.usps.com/customsforms/welcome.jsp

but i like to ask one more question (well two actually). can i use those links to do all the process to a military address and have them pick it up right at my house? or do shipping to military address require coming to the store? i have no transportation as of this weekend :wall:

This is not a scam but I just cancel these orders when I get them on Amazon. I wont ship to APOs or other addresses where I need to fill out a customs form. You cannot get delivery confirmation with these (you can pay for it but it wont tell you when it is delivered) and I like to know when a person gets their item.

I don't really see why you'd have to worry about being scammed unless you're shipping out the item before receiving payment, which isn't exactly a smart thing to do.

And don't worry too much about the customs form. If you have to fill it out, it only takes a few seconds. It's just a little card and you don't even have to fill out the whole thing.

[quote name='musha666']This is not a scam but I just cancel these orders when I get them on Amazon. I wont ship to APOs or other addresses where I need to fill out a customs form. You cannot get delivery confirmation with these (you can pay for it but it wont tell you when it is delivered) and I like to know when a person gets their item.[/QUOTE]

Not true. I've shipped several FPO's through stamps.com and looking at my transaction history, they show a delivery time and date. the only thing that is lacking is destination tracking and it takes FOREVER. Example:

FPO, AP, 96606, US 03/01/2011 9:30 AM DELIVERED
PITTSBURGH, PA, 15290, US 02/24/2011 3:25 AM PROCESSED
IRWIN, PA, 15642, US 02/18/2011 5:00 PM ELECTRONIC SHIPPING INFO RECEIVED
15642, US 02/17/2011 7:14 PM Electronic Notification
As far as forms go, you can also get a pack of them for free at the usps online store and save yourself the trip to the post office.

My experience with shipping to FPO APO is they send all the mail to a central location in NY or LA. Then it goes into a giant warehouse. It can be months before it reaches the buyer based on priority of the mail. I shipped 2 packages to an army wife in Germany and 1 arrived within a few weeks but the other took months and she was livid thinking I did not send them. I had to scan all the customs documents w/ post office stamps and documentation and send to her and she still didnt believe me. Finally it arrived and she apologized but it was a giant pain. On the other hand, I feel bad not sending to someone overseas like that considering their circumstances.

[quote name='sp00ge']Not true. I've shipped several FPO's through stamps.com and looking at my transaction history, they show a delivery time and date. the only thing that is lacking is destination tracking and it takes FOREVER. Example:

As far as forms go, you can also get a pack of them for free at the usps online store and save yourself the trip to the post office.[/QUOTE]

are they through the links i provided? sorry, im kinda lost with the form numbers. it would be nice if i can get an answer :D

so i do the custom forms online, can i do a pickup with that? like i said, i have no car right now so im hoping it would be convenient if they could pick up this military address package.

i just hope shipping to a military address wont be any more expensive or difficult to track (or pay more for tracking for that matter)

[quote name='killercane']My experience with shipping to FPO APO is they send all the mail to a central location in NY or LA. Then it goes into a giant warehouse. It can be months before it reaches the buyer based on priority of the mail. I shipped 2 packages to an army wife in Germany and 1 arrived within a few weeks but the other took months and she was livid thinking I did not send them. I had to scan all the customs documents w/ post office stamps and documentation and send to her and she still didnt believe me. Finally it arrived and she apologized but it was a giant pain. On the other hand, I feel bad not sending to someone overseas like that considering their circumstances.[/QUOTE]

-.- i hope that doesnt happen to me. although i have been selling since nov 2007. nothing bad has happened, yet. *knock on wood*

Shipping overseas is a pain in the tookus. It is really hit or miss much like shipping to Canada except water is involved.
Post 999

bread's done
Back