Sold Tales of Vesperia on eBay for $34 + shipping...huh?

csmason1

CAGiversary!
Well, I guess the demand is rising for this complete copies of this game. I was really surprised to see ToV go for $37.99 shipped. I paid only $50 +tax for it and two other $27 games from GS during one of their B2G1 sales last summer. Good news for those of you holding onto complete used copies of the game, though!

Almost as surprising...Amazon has complete copies of ToV on their Warehouse Deals site right now for $27 shipped. I'll have to thank my buyer for not checking Amazon before the purchase.

[quote name='csmason1']Well, I guess the demand is rising for this complete copies of this game. I was really surprised to see ToV go for $37.99 shipped. I paid only $50 +tax for it and two other $27 games from GS during one of their B2G1 sales last summer. Good news for those of you holding onto complete used copies of the game, though!

Almost as surprising...Amazon has complete copies of ToV on their Warehouse Deals site right now for $27 shipped. I'll have to thank my buyer for not checking Amazon before the purchase.[/QUOTE]
Gamestop

There
I found your problem.

lol 50 plus tax

I guess I wasn't clear enough in my original post, so I'll explain it for those of you w/ reading comprehension problems.

I paid a TOTAL of $50 + tax for ToV and two other $27 games. That's three $27 games in a B2G1 (hence, the reason I mentioned the B2G1 sale in the first place) for a TOTAL of $50+tax after using the EDGE card. Give me some credit. And as for GS, their B2G1 sales can actually be worthwhile if you find the right games.

lol non-readers

[quote name='csmason1']I guess I wasn't clear enough in my original post, so I'll explain it for those of you w/ reading comprehension problems.

I paid a TOTAL of $50 + tax for ToV and two other $27 games. That's three $27 games in a B2G1 (hence, the reason I mentioned the B2G1 sale in the first place) for a TOTAL of $50+tax after using the EDGE card. Give me some credit. And as for GS, their B2G1 sales can actually be worthwhile if you find the right games.

lol non-readers[/QUOTE]

Power to the gamers!

looooool

Wow! Good deal for you. Yeah, buyers should do their homework before buying games. A simple search will show the current prices.

Didn't happen for me. I just had a complete mint copy tonight sell for $26 shipped. Must have just had bad timing, I guess.

Also, this should probably be in the "Bragging Rights" forum.

Seems like you got lucky. Sometimes, people get into a bidding war and don't know when or how to stop.

And I love the fact that this had to attract a GS troll. I think they can actually sniff out any topic that has the name mentioned in it.

all the copies on ebay are crazy over priced right now. you can add 999 new copies to your cart on amazon right now for $29.99 each, so it's not like the game is unattainable. though I think amazon may be the last place with new copies...

a real mindfuck is the Premium Edition. Check those prices...totally kicking myself for getting rid of mine!!!

I sold my new copy for $48 a few weeks ago (on half.com).

(I sold it because I had buyer's remorse and my backlog has a life of its own.)

Maybe I should sell mine. I grabbed it in September for 15 off amazon because I liked the little bit of the gamecube one I played. Too many good games these days to hold on to valuable games I guess.

The price goes up and down pretty often. I was lucky to get a BIN for $50 ( Sealed game + guide) a few months ago. Great game. Now to find the Special edition.

[quote name='BrettFarveRetired']Sometimes, people get into a bidding war and don't know when or how to stop.[/QUOTE]

I had that happen with one of my more recent auctions. Guy paid $76 w/shipping for my old D-Link wireless-g (g no less!) router. I paid $100 for it brand new 4 years ago. Pretty good return on investment, I'd say. Wish all my auctions would end like that. :lol:

[quote name='saturnotaku']I had that happen with one of my more recent auctions. Guy paid $76 w/shipping for my old D-Link wireless-g (g no less!) router. I paid $100 for it brand new 4 years ago. Pretty good return on investment, I'd say. Wish all my auctions would end like that. :lol:[/QUOTE]
i hate bidding wars

i lost two items that are OOP and Rare because of two idiots bidding each other.

i swear they raised the price from 40 to 80 when i checked again. TWO TIMES! (Two different auctions, same item)
WHAT
THE
fuck!

Everyone gets shafted hard when this shit happens, except the seller of course. :cry:
people can not understand basic economics...or common sense. ugh

Anyways, i heard ToV was good but i am not interested in the 360 version.
i want the ps3 version sooo bad but i have to import that or buy it for 70ish or 80ish dollars..
damn.

also, me? a trawl?
i would never!

[quote name='cRodz']i hate bidding wars

i lost two items that are OOP and Rare because of two idiots bidding each other.

i swear they raised the price from 40 to 80 when i checked again. TWO TIMES! (Two different auctions, same item)
WHAT
THE
fuck!

Everyone gets shafted hard when this shit happens, except the seller of course. :cry:
people can not understand basic economics...or common sense. ugh[/QUOTE]

It's Ebay, not Craigslist where everybody expects $100 items for $10. If people wanna overpay for them on there, more power to them.

As for the Tales Of Vesperia guide, I'm still kicking myself for trading mine for a copy of Ghostbusters for PS3 on here(which I hated due to no clear marker saying SAVING on the screen when the game actually saves). Of course, the start menu glitch(having to go into multiplayer menu to get 'continue' option to show up)glitch was also another reason why I hated the game.

I could've probably done so much better than one game for it.:cry:

I don't understand why the ToV guide got so valuable, when it's really a piece of crap. I was really disappointed at the lack of information in it regarding side quests and getting all the titles/costumes. I'd offer to sell mine, but I accidently dumped a glass of water on it... about 4 times (too much crap on my coffee table). I always mark in my guides too as I make progress. :p

Anyways, I guess I'll hold onto my sealed regular edition of the game. o_O I only got it since I picked up the limited edition at launch, but wanted the original one too (picked it up for $30 at Best Buy).

[quote name='Ryouko']I don't understand why the ToV guide got so valuable, when it's really a piece of crap. I was really disappointed at the lack of information in it regarding side quests and getting all the titles/costumes. I'd offer to sell mine, but I accidently dumped a glass of water on it... about 4 times (too much crap on my coffee table). I always mark in my guides too as I make progress. :p

Anyways, I guess I'll hold onto my sealed regular edition of the game. o_O I only got it since I picked up the limited edition at launch, but wanted the original one too (picked it up for $30 at Best Buy).[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Most of my guides I have for games I own look like they did the day I brought them home from whatever store I got them from, unlike the ones I gave to my one buddies' brother-in-law and sister, which have broken and torn binding and just look like total ass now.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Ouch. Most of my guides I have for games I own look like they did the day I brought them home from whatever store I got them from, unlike the ones I gave to my one buddies' brother-in-law and sister, which have broken and torn binding and just look like total ass now.:roll:[/QUOTE]

When I run out of coffee filters I usually take shits on my guides covers before I scrape and toss them in the backyard. Some pages are missing out of the guides too when I run out of toilet paper. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, you know.

[quote name='J7.']When I run out of coffee filters I usually take shits on my guides covers before I scrape and toss them in the backyard. Some pages are missing out of the guides too when I run out of toilet paper. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, you know.[/QUOTE]

The more common guides aren't bad to do that to, but the 'better' ones I wouldn't dare do anything bad to. I still have a Silent Hill guide for the original, even though I don't have the PS1 game anymore.:D

[quote name='Ryouko']
Anyways, I guess I'll hold onto my sealed regular edition of the game. o_O I only got it since I picked up the limited edition at launch, but wanted the original one too (picked it up for $30 at Best Buy).[/QUOTE]

When did Best Buy have if for such a low price?

I actually have a sealed first run copy from Amazon for 20-something. I got another at Game Crazy for 29.99 gutted back in April and a sealed special edition from CAG for $65.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The more common guides aren't bad to do that to, but the 'better' ones I wouldn't dare do anything bad to. I still have a Silent Hill guide for the original, even though I don't have the PS1 game anymore.:D[/QUOTE]

I kid, I don't own enough guides to use them for toiletry. Rather just use gamefaqs for free.

[quote name='willardhaven']When did Best Buy have if for such a low price?[/QUOTE]

Uhmn... last summer, I think it was. They clearanced out the game into the bargain bin for $30 pretty much everywhere.

[quote name='Ryouko']I don't understand why the ToV guide got so valuable, when it's really a piece of crap. I was really disappointed at the lack of information in it regarding side quests and getting all the titles/costumes. I'd offer to sell mine, but I accidently dumped a glass of water on it... about 4 times (too much crap on my coffee table). I always mark in my guides too as I make progress. :p
[/QUOTE]
even if it had poor information, the guide was scarce at the time. they were widely available but i dont think they printed it as much as they should, as do most guides.

if the ps3 version ever comes out in the U.S., expect to pay more for it again than before unless they do a re-issue or a revised version like they did for oblivion when the ps3 version came out.

maybe i shouldnt say this, but tales guides have always been worth alot (except for maybe tales of legendia).

Geez. I too got it from Amazon when it was $15 during a DotD sale. It's a lot of fun, but I can't exactly understand why it's worth so much right now. It's not hard to find (unless it's the Collector's Edition) and it wasn't produced in limited quantities, it didn't even do that well in sales for Namco-Bandai.

So what's the deal?

i never got the point of buying guides. i either use gamefaqs.com or just download the pdf for free. use the internetzzz pplz lol:D

Now that amazon got it in stock the price drop a lot. Used copy is around $20 and new copy is around $30-35.

[quote name='helluvagood']i never got the point of buying guides. i either use gamefaqs.com or just download the pdf for free. use the internetzzz pplz lol:D[/QUOTE]

I brought my Tales of Vesperia guide for $13 from amazon during launch. Now it is worth at least triple that. Guess who is laughing now?

[quote name='Tsukento']Geez. I too got it from Amazon when it was $15 during a DotD sale. It's a lot of fun, but I can't exactly understand why it's worth so much right now. It's not hard to find (unless it's the Collector's Edition) and it wasn't produced in limited quantities, it didn't even do that well in sales for Namco-Bandai.

So what's the deal?[/QUOTE]

Tales games seem to stay in demand and I guess this is considered one of the better ones in the series. Definitely one of those games you should buy if you find a new copy super cheap, then throw in your closet for a couple years.

[quote name='62t']I brought my Tales of Vesperia guide for $13 from amazon during launch. Now it is worth at least triple that. Guess who is laughing now?[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that. ;)

4389263782_9ddbb9e3b5_m.jpg

[quote name='ninja dog']Tales games seem to stay in demand and I guess this is considered one of the better ones in the series. Definitely one of those games you should buy if you find a new copy super cheap, then throw in your closet for a couple years.[/QUOTE]
I dunno. Seems to only apply to Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Vesperia, seeing as how Legendia is under $15, and looking on eBay shows Symphonia going for around $10.

Found a local game store yesterday selling Vesperia new for $25. Definitely cheaper than GameStop's $37 used price.

bread's done
Back