Soldier of Fortune: Payback - Gen. Discussion

[quote name='VipFREAK']If you saw any of the SOF games as a serious FPS you're stupid to begin with... xD[/QUOTE]
Trust me, they first two stacked up much better against their contemporaries, than SOF3 does against it's peers.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I have it.

It's basically shit, but it's also AWESOME (read: WOO HOO I BLEW THIS DUDE'S ARM OFF AND I CAN SEE BONES STICKING OUT HAHAHAHA AWESOME). If it weren't for it being so AWESOME, it'd probably be one of the worst FPSes of the season.

To just make a broad statement, it really does feel like the budget game it really is (the developer makes budget games) in most regards, though the graphics are quite nice, though nothing really to stand out from the crowd.

So, it's a pretty generic FPS, with a healthy dose of AWESOME to give it some unique identity, and make it fun if you're in the right mood. This game is strictly for the AWESOME, not for cutting-edge, refined FPS gameplay, and really, there's nothing wrong with that. Not every game needs to be Bioshock or Crysis.[/quote]
Damn, I should have figured that since Raven wasn't doing it the game was going to be sucktastic. Then again, I put about 10 minutes of play into SOF2's single player and about 2 years into the MP. Were you able to try out any MP or is that as lacking as the SP component?

This game has been getting shit reviews from all the people that have it...guess I'll spend my $60 on Mass Effect.

Not that that's a bad thing, though. :D

My god this game is great! I love it! Even multiplayer is good despite all it's horribleness.

Gore + great weapons and sound make

SOF: P > COD4

Yeah yeah... : puts on flame suit: :roll:

I rented it and I thought the game was "OK" at best. I played a little through single player....felt a little clunky, but fun. Multiplayer was also fun....but got a bit annoying after a while. For $20, I may pick it up....but for $60...no way.

This is a full priced game??? I thought for sure this was gonna be a budget title.

The reviews Ive seen have basically said this is crap. But I was thinking it was $30 and might be fun at that price. They got some balls charging $60 for this.

I rented this over Christmas Break, and played for about 5 minutes before wanting to shoot myself for the guilt I felt.

Not much on the Web for this game, guess its because it was panned by most players and critics. However I was wondering how long is it, I am in the "Club Levels". How many levels/Missions are there to this game so I can start thinking about what my next game will be.

Overall I don't understand why the game was hated so badly by a lot of people, it is a budget title, and a throwback to old school, kill'em all, straightforward point a to b, first person shooter.

[quote name='glockant']i believe that is towards the end, so you should wrap this up in another 1-3 levels.[/quote]

Yes, Thanks, I was at the end and what a unsatisfying abrupt ending, If I knew it would end like this I would wait to see if there was going to be a sequel. Basically the story is a giant "to be continued"! I am glad I paid 20 for it because it was a good IMO, but way to short, even for someone like me who is learning to transition to FPS on consoles.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I have it.

It's basically shit, but it's also AWESOME (read: WOO HOO I BLEW THIS DUDE'S ARM OFF AND I CAN SEE BONES STICKING OUT HAHAHAHA AWESOME). If it weren't for it being so AWESOME, it'd probably be one of the worst FPSes of the season.

To just make a broad statement, it really does feel like the budget game it really is (the developer makes budget games) in most regards, though the graphics are quite nice, though nothing really to stand out from the crowd.

So, it's a pretty generic FPS, with a healthy dose of AWESOME to give it some unique identity, and make it fun if you're in the right mood. This game is strictly for the AWESOME, not for cutting-edge, refined FPS gameplay, and really, there's nothing wrong with that. Not every game needs to be Bioshock or Crysis.[/quote]

Man- this is my favorite review ever written! :) I kind of want to play the game after reading this

bread's done
Back