Some baseball game ?'s

pumbaa

CAGiversary!
I loved Ken Griffey (for N64), the arcade nature of the game suited me tastes well... so I'm wondering what baseball game out there is most like it?

Do you think this new Nintendo game is going to be similar?

Maybe the new Mario Baseball, but I think the Nintendo baseball franchise is going to be more sim-like to take advantage of the the first party MLB license now that EA is going to be out of the picture after this year on the GC.

[quote name='maccabee72']Maybe the new Mario Baseball, but I think the Nintendo baseball franchise is going to be more sim-like to take advantage of the the first party MLB license now that EA is going to be out of the picture after this year on the GC.[/quote]

I thought EA was going to continue putting out games/sports games for the 'Cube? Sure does seem that way...

That seem to be great partners, as well, seeing as every commercial for a game they make (pretty much), at the end, has the "Gamecube" logo and whisper/slogan appear.

Plus, with the whole "Mario Team" in NBA Street V3, and Super Punch-Out in Fight Night, I'd figure they'd stick together for a while.

I'm sure the Mario Baseball is going to suit your tastes, but in the meantime, you might try out Home Run King by Sega. It can be picked up for $7-8 used at EB before any discounts or coupons. It's actually based on an arcade game, if I remember correctly.

I remember ken griffey! I used to love diving after I caught the out because teh guy would say things liek it was a great catch even though the dive wasnt needed.

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='maccabee72']Maybe the new Mario Baseball, but I think the Nintendo baseball franchise is going to be more sim-like to take advantage of the the first party MLB license now that EA is going to be out of the picture after this year on the GC.[/quote]

I thought EA was going to continue putting out games/sports games for the 'Cube? Sure does seem that way...

That seem to be great partners, as well, seeing as every commercial for a game they make (pretty much), at the end, has the "Gamecube" logo and whisper/slogan appear.

Plus, with the whole "Mario Team" in NBA Street V3, and Super Punch-Out in Fight Night, I'd figure they'd stick together for a while.[/quote]

Take Two bought the exclusive third party rights for baseball, so after this year EA is out of the MLB game unless they find some way to team up with a console maker.

Nintendo already has a first party title coming out this year by the team that did WSB2k3. I think the new game is called Nintendo's Pennant Chase Baseball. I would assume that this is the first party franchise that they are banking on. Unless Take Two decides to start putting games back on the cube next year, this should be cube owners only MLB option after this year.

[quote name='maccabee72'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='maccabee72']Maybe the new Mario Baseball, but I think the Nintendo baseball franchise is going to be more sim-like to take advantage of the the first party MLB license now that EA is going to be out of the picture after this year on the GC.[/quote]

Plus, with the whole "Mario Team" in NBA Street V3, and Super Punch-Out in Fight Night, I'd figure they'd stick together for a while.[/quote]

Take Two bought the exclusive third party rights for baseball, so after this year EA is out of the MLB game unless they find some way to team up with a console maker. [/quote]

Actually there's no way for EA to team up with anyone. It's part of Take Two's exclusivity deal that EA can't even develop a baseball game to be published by a first-party.

Arcadey-baseball games are pretty much the domain of Miday and it's Slugfest series. The last one for the cube is Slugfest 20-04 and the cheapest I found it is $17.99 at Gamestop

[quote name='DarkSol'][quote name='maccabee72'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='maccabee72']Maybe the new Mario Baseball, but I think the Nintendo baseball franchise is going to be more sim-like to take advantage of the the first party MLB license now that EA is going to be out of the picture after this year on the GC.[/quote]

Take Two bought the exclusive third party rights for baseball, so after this year EA is out of the MLB game unless they find some way to team up with a console maker. [/quote]

Actually there's no way for EA to team up with anyone. It's part of Take Two's exclusivity deal that EA can't even develop a baseball game to be published by a first-party.

Arcadey-baseball games are pretty much the domain of Miday and it's Slugfest series. The last one for the cube is Slugfest 20-04 and the cheapest I found it is $17.99 at Gamestop[/quote]

Rumors are going around that EA may make a College World Series game for next year while this exclusivity agreement is in place. It's not MVP, but it's better than nothing.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='DarkSol'][quote name='maccabee72'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='maccabee72']Maybe the new Mario Baseball, but I think the Nintendo baseball franchise is going to be more sim-like to take advantage of the the first party MLB license now that EA is going to be out of the picture after this year on the GC.[/quote]

Arcadey-baseball games are pretty much the domain of Miday and it's Slugfest series. The last one for the cube is Slugfest 20-04 and the cheapest I found it is $17.99 at Gamestop[/quote]

Rumors are going around that EA may make a College World Series game for next year while this exclusivity agreement is in place. It's not MVP, but it's better than nothing.[/quote]

Nothing like the sweet sound of an aluminum bat: *PING* :lol:

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']
Rumors are going around that EA may make a College World Series game for next year while this exclusivity agreement is in place. It's not MVP, but it's better than nothing.[/quote]

This is better than MVP because College > Pro. Too bad Notre Dame lost today :cry: .

Edit: Yes, I am going to comment something like this everytime I see a College Baseball game mentioned.

I would love a college baseball game, even if it was from EA. Wow, what an idea. So simple, yet the fun possibilities are endless. Imagine if they took the idea a bit further, tee ball and slow pitch softball....alright, now that's innovation EA.

[quote name='lurknomore']I would love a college baseball game, even if it was from EA. Wow, what an idea. So simple, yet the fun possibilities are endless. Imagine if they took the idea a bit further, tee ball and slow pitch softball....alright, now that's innovation EA.[/quote]

How is that innovation? It's just slower.

[quote name='rockhero'][quote name='lurknomore']I would love a college baseball game, even if it was from EA. Wow, what an idea. So simple, yet the fun possibilities are endless. Imagine if they took the idea a bit further, tee ball and slow pitch softball....alright, now that's innovation EA.[/quote]

How is that innovation? It's just slower.[/quote]

:lol:

Innovative in ways to make video games put you to sleep.

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='rockhero'][quote name='lurknomore']I would love a college baseball game, even if it was from EA. Wow, what an idea. So simple, yet the fun possibilities are endless. Imagine if they took the idea a bit further, tee ball and slow pitch softball....alright, now that's innovation EA.[/quote]

How is that innovation? It's just slower.[/quote]

:lol:

Innovative in ways to make video games put you to sleep.[/quote]

True, slower and will put you to sleep, but EA is getting desperate...
EA Baseball = :fridge:

bread's done
Back