Some clearance deals at Meijer (Mostly Wii Games) YMMV

moho_00

CAGiversary!
This is my first post here, so hopefully I'm following the rules...

Anyways, I was at Meijer this morning and they had some random stuff on clearance.  Nothing amazing, but a few deep discounts (I think).  I took a few pictures and figured I'd share what I found with the CAG community.

These are the ones I have pictures of (I'll post a couple) or purchased myself, so they should be pretty accurate:

• Metroid: Other M (Wii) $4.99
  • Just Dance 3 (Wii) $3.99
  • Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii) $4.99
  • Shrek: Forever After (Wii) $4.99
  • Wreck-It Ralph (Wii) $14.99
  • Just Dance 4 (Wii U) $20.00
  • Zumba Fitness: World Party (Wii U) $10.00
  • Pac-Man Amiibo $6.49
WeDO5LW.jpg

rR7YUMq.jpg

I wouldn't consider all of those great deals by any means, but some seemed kinda nice.  One thing you'll notice in the pictures (and you might already know if you've bought stuff from Meijer) is that some of the games can have faded artwork because of the bulbs they use in their cases.  I purchased Metroid: Other M, which didn't seem to have much fading, and the top of the plastic has also been removed.  When I inquired about it, the sales associate told me that the bulbs cause it to crumple up over time and they end up removing it.  I have since removed the wrapper and it does appear to be in perfect, new condition.

Now for some other clearance deals that I'm pulling from memory (hopefully I get them right):

• Mewtwo Amiibo $9.09
  • Zelda Amiibo $6.49
  • Atari Flashback 6 $29.99
  • Sega Genesis plug 'n play console (also plays cartridges) $29.99
  • Various Skylanders Starter Packs (PS3 and PS4 only, I think) $10.00- $15.00
And finally, they had some Disney Infinity figures on sale.  I picked up Venom for $6.49, but they had a lot of other ones, I think mostly from 2.0 (I'm new to the game though, so I don't know much about it).  I think individual figures that were on sale were all $6.49.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 for Wii for $5 at a Meijer near me. Though with the servers offline, only a third of the game (single player) is playable.

Meijer sometimes has some pretty good clearance prices. I managed to find brand new copies of some Professor Layton games for about $10 a piece and Rhythm Heaven for $3.

Most vita games are 50% off:

Tearaway - $9.99
Assassins creed - $14.99
Dungeon Hunter Alliance - $14.99
Gravity Rush - $14.99
Angry Birds - $14.99
FIFA 14 - $14.99

Someone on Slickdeals posted this list

$2.99 - Nintendo DS: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future

$5.99 - Nintendo DS assorted Disney & Pixar games

$14.99 - Nintendo 3DS: Animal Crossing New Leaf

$15.00 - PS4 - DriveClub

$7.50 - Xbox 360 Diablo 3

$7.50 - Xbox 360: GTA 5

$7.50 - Xbox 360: Skyrim Legendary Edition

Which Meijer is this?
Honestly, I really miss Meijer

I grew up on the chain in Michigan, and some of their prices were just simply amazing. It always felt more friendly and welcoming compared to a Walmart.

I'm still kicking myself for some of the clearances I missed back in my college town, such as the first three Warcraft collectors expansions for $20 each (Ann Arbor Lohr road store)

I kind of really want to grab Other M at that price, but I'm 1000 mlles away.

Well hopefully later this year.

Which Meijer is this?

I grew up on the chain in Michigan, and some of their prices were just simply amazing. It always felt more friendly and welcoming compared to a Walmart.

I'm still kicking myself for some of the clearances I missed back in my college town, such as the first three Warcraft collectors expansions for $20 each (Ann Arbor Lohr road store)

I kind of really want to grab Other M at that price, but I'm 1000 mlles away.

Well hopefully later this year.
I found this stuff at one of the ones in Louisville, KY.

Anyone know if they finally dropped the 16gb Vita memory cards on clearance?
I didn't happen to notice any hardware on clearance, but I didn't look through it thoroughly.

Went to another Meijer. Nothing great. Went in looking for the copies of Layton and Wondeful 101 that have been sitting there for weeks. All copies were gone.

:Wiiu: COD: Ghosts - $15
:Wiiu: COD: Black Ops 2 - $15
:Wiiu: Zombie U - $7.50
:Wiiu: Just Dance 2014 - $10

:360: Skyrim Legendary - $7.50
:360: Diablo 3 - $7.50

:pS3: COD: Ghosts - $14.99

:vita: SFxT - $20

Got that Pac-Man last week for $6.50. Also was able to get with some earned MPERK rewards the Spider-Man Playset and Groot figure for Disney Infinity for $10 total.

Which Meijer is this?

I was about to post this thread when I got home.
I just came back from the Michigan's Meijer. Off the top of my head Meijer had few Xbox One games on sale Watchdogs $14.99.

The Ps4 had Knack for $10.
Tons of DS games on sale, few 3DS games on sale like Paper Mario for $9.99.

I was about to post this thread when I got home.
I just came back from the Michigan's Meijer. Off the top of my head Meijer had few Xbox One games on sale Watchdogs $14.99.

The Ps4 had Knack for $10.
Tons of DS games on sale, few 3DS games on sale like Paper Mario for $9.99.
Thank you!

I just need to get back home, but I miss these deals.

Wish I could grab Other M for that price. It's been under $10 new lots of time but I never seem to be able to get it for one reason or another :( With it's reception I just can't see paying much more.

Got back from my Meijer and they definite cleaned out some games across all systems, but all the good stuff was gone. SM3D World and DK Tropical Freeze were both $30, Link Between Worlds and FE Awakening were $20. All were sold out. 

Outside of that, tons of overpriced common games like CoD games and whatnot were marked down, but prices were laughable. 

Got back from my Meijer and they definite cleaned out some games across all systems, but all the good stuff was gone. SM3D World and DK Tropical Freeze were both $30, Link Between Worlds and FE Awakening were $20. All were sold out.

Outside of that, tons of overpriced common games like CoD games and whatnot were marked down, but prices were laughable.
Just came back from our Meijer too and the price for the Fire Awakening is $10.69. That will be the lowest price I will see from a exclusive Nintendo game. :D

This is my first post here, so hopefully I'm following the rules...

Anyways, I was at Meijer this morning and they had some random stuff on clearance. Nothing amazing, but a few deep discounts (I think). I took a few pictures and figured I'd share what I found with the CAG community.

These are the ones I have pictures of (I'll post a couple) or purchased myself, so they should be pretty accurate:

• Metroid: Other M (Wii) $4.99
  • Just Dance 3 (Wii) $3.99
  • Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii) $4.99
  • Shrek: Forever After (Wii) $4.99
  • Wreck-It Ralph (Wii) $14.99
  • Just Dance 4 (Wii U) $20.00
  • Zumba Fitness: World Party (Wii U) $10.00
  • Pac-Man Amiibo $6.49
WeDO5LW.jpg

rR7YUMq.jpg

I wouldn't consider all of those great deals by any means, but some seemed kinda nice. One thing you'll notice in the pictures (and you might already know if you've bought stuff from Meijer) is that some of the games can have faded artwork because of the bulbs they use in their cases. I purchased Metroid: Other M, which didn't seem to have much fading, and the top of the plastic has also been removed. When I inquired about it, the sales associate told me that the bulbs cause it to crumple up over time and they end up removing it. I have since removed the wrapper and it does appear to be in perfect, new condition.

Now for some other clearance deals that I'm pulling from memory (hopefully I get them right):

• Mewtwo Amiibo $9.09
  • Zelda Amiibo $6.49
  • Atari Flashback 6 $29.99
  • Sega Genesis plug 'n play console (also plays cartridges) $29.99
  • Various Skylanders Starter Packs (PS3 and PS4 only, I think) $10.00- $15.00
And finally, they had some Disney Infinity figures on sale. I picked up Venom for $6.49, but they had a lot of other ones, I think mostly from 2.0 (I'm new to the game though, so I don't know much about it). I think individual figures that were on sale were all $6.49.

I just went to the same store you went to on Hurstborne and I had them scan the Super Mario Wii and it came up for $2.99. So, you might want them to check some other games just to make sure on their price.

Well, I got 2 Zelda amiibo to repaint, a ton of Infinity 2.0 Marvel characters (Need the Guardians and Spider-Man playsets, Groot, and Drax still...) but missed the good games. This was from 3 stores in the area over the past week. I *did* see the two playsets but hadn't intended on buying them originally. *grumbles* local store is out of them now... 

Zelda repainting will be done more seriously than the BDSM Zero Suit Samus I did, which ended up a latex-clad gas mask wearing amiibo...

Just picked up Dying Light PS4 for $14.99 and Killzone Shadow Fall PS4 for $5.99.  Looks like a lot of clearance stuff dropped from last week.  

Also saw Assassin's Creed Black Flag and Final Fantasy Relm Reborn PS3 and Tearaway Vita for $6.  

Went but was beat to the punch by El Hoardo.... I did manage to find a lone copy of Mario Kart 7 3DS for $2.99 !!!

Other $2.99 3DS titles were:

New Super Mario World 3D

New super mario Bros 2

$8

Animal Crossing New Leaf

$14 

Battlefield 4 (PS4/XB1)

There were some other things like toys and such.. if you have a Meijer around its worth it to look

Went but was beat to the punch by El Hoardo.... I did manage to find a lone copy of Mario Kart 7 3DS for $2.99 !!!

New Super Mario World 3D
New super mario Bros 2

$8
Animal Crossing New Leaf

$14
Battlefield 4 (PS4/XB1)

There were some other things like toys and such.. if you have a Meijer around its worth it to look
Some great prices. I saw tags for the Mario games, but they were all gone. They also had a tag for $2.99 Smash.

I saw at my Meijer all the Playmation stuff was 75% off
A couple stores around me have it at 90% off. Still not sure if it's worth it.

I also found a copy of these for $2.99. They weren't marked. The cashier was shocked when they rang up.
:wii: New Super Mario Bros
:wii: Smash bros Brawl

New Super Mario World 3D

New super mario Bros 2

$8

Animal Crossing New Leaf

$14

Battlefield 4 (PS4/XB1)

sadly None in the East Coast.

damn, those are some killer prices, i seriosuly wish we had a single Meijer here in New England.

if anyone is willing to do some shopping around, id be willing to pay for it!

Picked up at the Middletown, OH Meijer:

Smash Bros. Brawl: $2.99

Animal Crossing New Leaf: $8.99

Super Mario 3D Land: $2.99

Mario Kart 7: $2.99

Dying Light (Xbone): $14.99

All were last copies and none were marked as clearance.

lmao sorry I worded that wrong. I was trying to figure out if those $2.99 games only worked if there was already an orange sticker on it.

Anyways, got Smash Bros, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and Mario Kart 7 for $2.99 each!

Saw a lot of Wii U, PS4, X1, Vita and DS games on clearance at the couple stores I went to. Playstation TVs are clearanced for $40 for the normal version, $50 for the bundle. Almost bought Assassins Creed Liberation Vita for $9, was normally $20.

Checked all my Meijer's here and it seems like all the 3DS stuff has been pretty much cleaned out.

Did see a bunch of Paper Mario's for 11.99 and a couple other non note worthy stuff

Went today and got the following for Wii U:

CoD: Ghosts (8.99)

CoD: Black Ops 2 (8.99)

Jeopardy (7.50)

and a Buffy figure for 1.34

Checked the trade-in values for the games and found out I could actually make a few bucks trading them in at Gamestop. Wish I had gone on Saturday lol

Picked up:
:3ds:  Paper Mario Sticker Star $11.99
:wii:  Super Smash Bros Brawl $2.99
:vita:  AC III Liberation $3.99

Haven't seen one of these in a while:

:wiiu:  Bayonetta 2, first print (under the tag for its Feb 19 re-release).

[attachment=20113:20160202_190540.jpg]

Checked mine tonight.  Looks like mine had slim pickings for any Nintendo stuff(even regular priced).

What I saw marked down with clearance stickers:

Wii U- Resident Evil Revelations- $14.99

Wii U- Zombie U- $12.99

Wii- Just Dance 3- $8.99

PS3/360- Anarchy Reigns- $8.99

PS3- WWE 13- $11.99

PS3- GTA V- $29.99

3DS- Paper Mario: Sticker Star- $11.99

Went to 3 different Meijer. First two didn't have much, 3rd one had a copy of Wonderful 101 for 8.99 and several XB1 Madden 25 for 8.99.

How's beyond two souls for 5.50? Worth it or should a wait for a price drop on the eventual ps4 version?
Anyone scan a 2ds? Have a bunch that are tagged clearance at 99, wondering if they dropped further.

was at a random meijer and found mario kart 7 and super mario 3d land for 2.99 :D.. wanted super mario bros 2 for 2.99 but already beat it 2 years ago lol.. thanks again OP

bread's done
Back