Some Gamefly price drops: Chromehounds for $29.99, King Kong $17.99

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I noticed some noteable price drops on some 360 games. Like:

Chromehounds for $30 which is $5 cheaper than it was before using google checkout ($45 - $10 = $35).

King Kong dropped from $22.99 to $17.99.

I noticed several other price drops but usually the drop was $10 or less, so the same price or more than it would have been with the expired google checkout deal. I only checked out the 360 games and games for other systems likely dropped too so it may be worth looking into.

http://www.gamefly.com/store/

Unfortunately Chromehounds is $29.99 and not $30. The reason this is important is that the Google Checkout discount is actually still valid, but it only works for things $30 and over. Of course, as you say it is a major drop (from $44.99 to $29.99) so it's still a good deal. It's just a little frustrating that you can't get the $10 discount on top of it.

[quote name='icruise']Unfortunately Chromehounds is $29.99 and not $30. The reason this is important is that the Google Checkout discount is actually still valid, but it only works for things $30 and over. Of course, as you say it is a major drop (from $44.99 to $29.99) so it's still a good deal. It's just a little frustrating that you can't get the $10 discount on top of it.[/quote]

really? I wonder why the 10 bones off doesn't work at buy.com via google check out.

[quote name='ItoBandito']really? I wonder why the 10 bones off doesn't work at buy.com via google check out.[/quote]

actually it does still work at buy.com, I am just a tool.

I still haven't seen concrete proof that the deal has been extended for sites other than buy.com, so I guess it could stop working at Gamefly at any time. I notice that the "Google Checkout" graphic you click to check out no longer references the $10 discount. But it was working as of a few minutes ago.

[quote name='icruise']I still haven't seen concrete proof that the deal has been extended for sites other than buy.com, so I guess it could stop working at Gamefly at any time. I notice that the "Google Checkout" graphic you click to check out no longer references the $10 discount. But it was working as of a few minutes ago.[/QUOTE]

how much more "concrete proof" do you need if hitting "google checkout" takes you to the google page with the $10 coupon still being applied?

If it helps (and you dont dismiss it as some elaborate conspiracy theory :p ) I received an email from buy.com earlier saying the google promotion had been extended until 11/6.

[quote name='Sn0brawler']Allow me to mention that King Kong is not worth any more than 10 dollars. Please do nothing more than rent it.[/QUOTE]

sigh.

[quote name='Leggo']how much more "concrete proof" do you need if hitting "google checkout" takes you to the google page with the $10 coupon still being applied?

If it helps (and you dont dismiss it as some elaborate conspiracy theory :p ) I received an email from buy.com earlier saying the google promotion had been extended until 11/6.[/QUOTE]
I said for sites other than buy.com. I just tried it on gamefly and it doesn't work.

bread's done
Back