Some Gamestop Employees Piss Me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrFriday18

CAGiversary!
I hardly ever buy anything from Gamestop, but hardly ever have a problem with there stores, just like EB Games better. I do I have a major problem with the Mahwah,NJ location of Gamestop. The only people that work there are dumb witted clueless girls who dont know anything about videogames and if you asked them for Halo 2 they'd ask you if you wanted it on PS2 or Xbox. Im 15 and had to help a mom find a RF adapter for her kids TV because they didnt know what she was talking about. Also when Im in there the girls harass me and tell me to preorder games, and I usually try to ignore them. Know heres where the water boiled was when I wanted to purchase a PS2 controller (EB was out of them so I whent to GS) and i took them 12 minutes to ring me up b/c the cashier had no idea what she was doing and also thought the new $50 bill which I was using was fake b/c it had the new design to it and she never saw it before obviously.Finally she gets some help from another nitwit and I'm on my way. My Boycott of the Mahwah, NJ location has begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what they look like
MyMom.jpg
Suefam.jpg

The only lady that works at a gamestore near me knows a lot about games, so it is pretty cool to talk to someone beside guys about games.

I would agree and from my experience its most of them. Either they are rude or ignore you completely at the two GAMESTOPS in my town. They treat every customer like the kids that bug them all day. I won't go in either one because its an unpleasant experience. They never update price drops on games either, so no big loss.

[quote name='apocrypha']I would agree and from my experience its most of them. Either they are rude or ignore you completely at the two GAMESTOPS in my town. They treat every customer like the kids that bug them all day. I won't go in either one because its an unpleasant experience. They never update price drops on games either, so no big loss.[/quote]

It doesn't matter if they update the prices, whatever shows up in the computer, regardless if the sticker is higher, is the actual price. A game may say 50, but when rung up may only be $20. The gamestops in the northeast are almost always much nicer, and more knowledgable, than eb's. Go to an eb around here and they don't know anything beyond whats current and popular. I've had conversations with multiple gamestop employees about snes, nes etc rpg's but the eb employees don't know anything before the current generation (with the exception of a few ps1 rpg's). Though I remember one EB (in toronto) where they were making fun of 20+ year olds who buy nintendo products, saying how kiddie the games are. They were talking specifically about the DS since EB had sent them to a game conference (may have been e3, not sure) where they saw it. Between the fact I almost never find rare games at eb, and the employees, I find gamestop to be a much better store.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='craven_fiend']watch out. newb with an attitude[/quote]

Where's Ackbar at with his signs?[/quote]

probably watchin his massive anime collection or something. i haven't seen a post from him in a few days

Oh great, another anti-EB/Gamestop post. :roll: Relax, she was probably just a holiday temp looking for a few extra bucks. She'll be gone next week.

BTW, wrong forum. :wink:

[quote name='"MrFriday18"']Also when Im in there the girls harass me and tell me to preorder games, and I usually try to ignore them. Know heres where the water boiled was when I wanted to purchase a PS2 controller (EB was out of them so I whent to GS) and i took them 12 minutes to ring me up b/c the cashier had no idea what she was doing and also thought the new $50 bill which I was using was fake b/c it had the new design to it and she never saw it before obviously.Finally she gets some help from another nitwit and I'm on my way. My Boycott of the Mahwah, NJ location has begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
quote]

I work with a guy who moonlights at a gamestop. They are told to try to get you to preorder games and magazine subscriptions. I just ignore them. (This happened alot to me right before halo 2 was released...they were trying to convince me that there was no way that I would get a LE copy unless I preordered and waited until a week after release. I picked it up that night at best buy with no problems. I generally hate to preorder.)

As Scahom said, she is probably just a temp looking for cash to help with her bills.

[quote name='zionoverfire']So just general incompetance then?

From the title I thought she might have done something besides her job, which she did do, granted poorly.[/quote]

well damn here for doing her job. i mean its what shes paid to do after all anyways isn't it? or is she supposed to be an all knowing gamer who can read your mind and have everything you want at the register so all you have to do is look blankly into her eyes and she can tell what you want? man immature and impatient people can be such pains in the ass.

The employees at my Gamestop are cool and they know alot about games.

i wish girls worked at the video game stores around here, all these guys are very uhh bleh around here... + its easier to get by with things with girls...

[quote name='MrFriday18']I hardly ever buy anything from Gamestop, but hardly ever have a problem with there stores, just like EB Games better. I do I have a major problem with the Mahwah,NJ location of Gamestop. The only people that work there are dumb witted clueless girls who dont know anything about videogames and if you asked them for Halo 2 they'd ask you if you wanted it on PS2 or Xbox. Im 15 and had to help a mom find a RF adapter for her kids TV because they didnt know what she was talking about. Also when Im in there the girls harass me and tell me to preorder games, and I usually try to ignore them. Know heres where the water boiled was when I wanted to purchase a PS2 controller (EB was out of them so I whent to GS) and i took them 12 minutes to ring me up b/c the cashier had no idea what she was doing and also thought the new $50 bill which I was using was fake b/c it had the new design to it and she never saw it before obviously.Finally she gets some help from another nitwit and I'm on my way. My Boycott of the Mahwah, NJ location has begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MyMom.jpg
Suefam.jpg
[/quote]

Isn't that how your sister look like OP? What's wrong with asking if you want Halo2 for ps2 or xbox? Next time say ps2 and see what happens. LoL. From your post, it sounds like you're overly sensitive. Over this minor incident, you're going to boycott GS. I'm sure they want overly demanding customers to boycott them anyways so they dont have to deal with them.

My local Gamestop's employee's knows about Castle Shikigami. Though I knew more about the game then them, it's good enough for me!

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']Where's Ackbar at with his signs?[/quote]

Uuuhhhh.... uuuuhhhhhhhh....

"Its a trap." :lol:

Seriously, the one Gamestop I go to isn't horribly bad. Most of the employees are pretty decent and we have a few good laughs, so its all good. I've gotten some nice deals there too, so I won't complain too much (got the 2 disc editions for both "Fight Club" and "Seven" $10 a piece).

I've actually never had a problem with a GameStop employee. The ones around here are actually pretty nice, and I've had no actual problems with them. They know what they are doing, know about games, and don't have any arrogant bias when you're purchasing something.

i think the gamestop i went to are racist. i went there many times though. i even ask for the job application. that store have only black workers. the manager is a lady. last time i went there to ask her if they have any demos to give out and she quickly said no without looking at me. the manager is a hater i can see that. the other workers are really nice. many of my friends tried to get a job over there didnt. one of my black friend gave in the application and didnt get accepted. maybe its his last name....

nevermind then... dont worry about that gamestop.

Haha, really? I used to frequent the Mahwah Gamestop (the one on Franklin Turnpike, right? Next to the A&P) and they usually rock there. The manager is a very nice woman and she's always helpful. I mean, I was a little mad when they got rid of their Genesis games, but such is the way life goes.

Although, I haven't been there in months so I haven't seen any of the girls you speak of.

[quote name='MrFriday18']I hardly ever buy anything from Gamestop, but hardly ever have a problem with there stores, just like EB Games better. I do I have a major problem with the Mahwah,NJ location of Gamestop. The only people that work there are dumb witted clueless girls who dont know anything about videogames and if you asked them for Halo 2 they'd ask you if you wanted it on PS2 or Xbox. Im 15 and had to help a mom find a RF adapter for her kids TV because they didnt know what she was talking about. Also when Im in there the girls harass me and tell me to preorder games, and I usually try to ignore them. Know heres where the water boiled was when I wanted to purchase a PS2 controller (EB was out of them so I whent to GS) and i took them 12 minutes to ring me up b/c the cashier had no idea what she was doing and also thought the new $50 bill which I was using was fake b/c it had the new design to it and she never saw it before obviously.Finally she gets some help from another nitwit and I'm on my way. My Boycott of the Mahwah, NJ location has begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MyMom.jpg
Suefam.jpg
[/quote]

Cool, another CAG from Bergen County. I went to a GameStop in Mahwah once, but I am not sure if it was the same one. It was around a year ago and I wanted to get Pikmin, and the girl asked if I wanted to get the Xbox, PS2, or GameCube version. They didn't have it, but things worked out for me as I scored Pikmin during the CC $5 sale over the summer.

I'm usually of the belief that people reply to your attitude in kind. While there are exceptions, and there are some retail people who should never be placed in front of the general public, if you treat people in the manner you wish to be treated, you'll usually get decent customer service.

[quote name='JSweeney']I'm usually of the belief that people reply to your attitude in kind. While there are exceptions, and there are some retail people who should never be placed in front of the general public, if you treat people in the manner you wish to be treated, you'll usually get decent customer service.[/quote]

Well stated. I agree.

My post was about certain Gamestop employees at the Mahwah,NJ location. I have no problem with other Gamestops such as those in Paramus,NJ its just those two employees just pissed me off.

[quote name='"trunks982"']i think the gamestop i went to are racist. i went there many times though. i even ask for the job application. that store have only black workers. the manager is a lady. last time i went there to ask her if they have any demos to give out and she quickly said no without looking at me. the manager is a hater i can see that. the other workers are really nice. many of my friends tried to get a job over there didnt. one of my black friend gave in the application and didnt get accepted. maybe its his last name....

nevermind then... dont worry about that gamestop.[/quote]

They could probably be sued if that were the case and it could be proven. Proving it would be the tricky part. They are a pretty big company (affiliated with barnes and noble), and should definately know that they can't discriminate against a person due to their race.

Most of the gamestop employees around me suck, they just either have a "my shit don't stink" attitude or else they are the king dorks. The ebgames employees are much cooler in my neck of the woods, of course this is just my opinion and only applies in the D

[quote name='daria19']

They could probably be sued if that were the case and it could be proven. Proving it would be the tricky part. They are a pretty big company (affiliated with barnes and noble), and should definately know that they can't discriminate against a person due to their race.[/quote]

Do you actually believe a word he says?

I agree, typically the workers around this time aren't the best. Relax, man, at least they're trying. Now for how ugly you think they might be... the gamestop around me has a very nice looking girl working. It only took a few stops in to ask for her number. I'll admit though, she didn't know too much about games.

bread's done
Back