Some good games...

darth_ganon55

CAGiversary!
Does anyone have any recommendations? I like RPG's, but I don't really like the FF Games, especially the newer ones...I also like Racers...

[quote name='darth_ganon55']Does anyone have any recommendations? I like RPG's, but I don't really like the FF Games, especially the newer ones...I also like Racers...[/QUOTE]
my suggestion.....go to gamerankings.com and look at the highest rated ps2 games, pick from there based on price/availibility.

Kingdom Hearts is the best RPG, but I guess you could classify it as a FF game...
There is also God of War. For racing, the games you will like are Tourist Trophy and Gran Turismo 4.
All these games retail for $20 USD.

[quote name='Superstar7']Kingdom Hearts is the best RPG, but I guess you could classify it as a FF game...
There is also God of War. For racing, the games you will like are Tourist Trophy and Gran Turismo 4.
All these games retail for $20 USD.[/QUOTE]
hmmm....kh being the best is a stretch. tourist trophy is a VERY sim heavy motorcycle racing game.

Even though you said you hate Final Fantasy. FFX is my favorite RPG for the PS2 and you might want to give it a try. If you want an action RPG that doesn't have any ties to Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts, you can try the Tales series. Abyss was better but Legendia is good if you can find it for 20 bucks. If you're going with Suikoden, just skip to V. III and IV aren't that great unless you like fighting little trees like the ones at the beginning of III. Wild ARMS isn't that great either but you can find it for very cheap. Dragon Quest and Radiata Stories seem to be the faves from last year even though I haven't had a chance to play them yet.

Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Legendia (only if you prefer story and characters over gameplay.. and can find it cheap)
Shadow of the Colossus
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Final Fantasy X

bread's done
Back