Some guy threatening to file a claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erving

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
so i was selling my 360 on ebay. I didn't get as much as i wanted so I asked the winner if they wouldn't pay me since I would just refund them. I told them i was sorry and they can give me negative feedback if they want and now he messaged me telling me this. [FONT=arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]
"Not very fair for me! Do you have any thing you want to offer me in order to keep me from filing a claim?[/FONT]
"

Can he threaten me like that? What's a claim?? and he hasn't even sent me a payment so how can he file a claim? I tried to end the auction but ebay wouldn't let me. I wish he'd understand how bad of a situation I'm in and how much I need money.

Set a reserve or GTFO. Seriously.

You brought this upon yourself, the eBay agreements are pretty much a contract saying you are willing to sell at the price the auction ends at, and you can't just go "OH I DIDN'T GET WHAT I WANTED!"

Tough shit, set reserves, or do a buy it now only.

What you did was wrong he cant file a paypal claim but he can report you to ebay for refusing to sell the item. If you had a problem with the price you should have set a reserve. People like you are the reason why ebay is so messed up.

That was a shitty thing for you to do. eBay does not allow what you are doing.
If you wanted a certain price for your Xbox 360, then you should of set a reserve price instead of an auction.

[quote name='georox']Set a reserve or GTFO. Seriously.

You brought this upon yourself, the eBay agreements are pretty much a contract saying you are willing to sell at the price the auction ends at, and you can't just go "OH I DIDN'T GET WHAT I WANTED!"

Tough shit, set reserves, or do a buy it now only.[/quote]

Tough shit? I'm willing to take negative feedback and a banning from ebay if that's what it takes. Thank you for the info.

I already apologized several times. I think you'd be less angry if you realize life is about more than video games.

[quote name='Erving']I already apologized several times. I think you'd be less angry if you realize life is about more than video games.[/quote]

This isnt about videogames its about you being an asshole and not selling the item to the person who was the highest bidder.

[quote name='m0dem']This isnt about videogames its about you being an asshole and not selling the item to the person who was the highest bidder.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much sums it up.

well, theoretically, the guy can probably take it as far as to take legal action against you, but will he, probably not.

That was a really asshole thing you did though. thats why i never do auctions.... i either do buy it now, or put it on amazon. under the TC, your bound to sell the item. No ways around it. Its a legal binding contract. so you really brought this upon yourself.

so take your chances OP, either the guy will pursue and youll be fucked, or you simply accept the loss. You cant blame anyone but yourself. You dug your on hole on this one.

p.s. im pretty sure you can set a reserve after the auction started. Might add to pay more, but ebay lets you make a ton of edits to your auction

I feel bad for the guy who wanted this system. I don't know if it's too late since I've contacted ebay but if it isn't contact me. If it is too late. sorry again.

[quote name='Bucknut']How much did you expect to get.[/quote]

I expect one hundred billion dollars for my Xbox. I imagine he wants around there, but likely a bit less since it isn't as good as mine.[

Oh, and I really stress my original post again.

Don't sell it to him. If you're going to complain this much about it, don't sell it to him, take the feedback or banning from Ebay and don't go back...

[quote name='crushtopher']Don't sell it to him. Don't accept any kind of payment, let him file a claim and then see what happens...[/QUOTE]

Uh eBay will (rightly) fuck him in the ass, that's what. eBay/Paypal ALWAYS side with the buyer.

This idiot is fucked.

suck it up dude. You should have put a reserve or a buy-it-now price if you had a reasonable amount in mind. If this guy does leave you a negative it's not going to look good on your feedback (especially with only 6) he'll probably mention how you shafted him out of the auction because of the price. How do you think others are going to react when they look at your feedback? You'll probably get less the next time you list it again.

I guess you can offer him someone money and hope he won't report you. If you are smart you would just tell the buyer you can't find the system or something

$127.50 may seem a little low, but isn't that a fair price (how much is a used xbox 360 pro)? Out of curiosity if the buyer does file a claim what kind of consequences does the seller face? (besides a negative feedback)

I guess the advice to the seller is to never sell stuff on ebay?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Uh eBay will (rightly) fuck him in the ass, that's what. eBay/Paypal ALWAYS side with the buyer.

This idiot is fucked.[/quote]

Always is too strong my friend. Ebay/Paypal doesn't always win. The kid has options. I just gave him one that was really open-ended. Kind of like a dare...

You messed up man, bite the bullet. Had you wanted more, you should have put up a reserve before you even posted the auction. It's what they're for. Ship the guy his Xbox 360 and get over it.

Dude if I'd have bought this from you and then payed you and afterwards told me that I don't get what I bought because you didn't set a reserve or buy it now price. I'd have told you "Tough shit send me my Xbox or I'm gonna file a claim against you on eBay and paypal". You made a mistake everyone does but you have to pay for your mistake just like anyone else would. Ship him the Xbox, look like sort of an asshole, still be able to sell on eBay or look like a total asshole and not be able to sell on eBay those are your choices.

Whats sad is this is identical to a buyer not paying. Yet nothing bad happens to a buyer if they do that. You all sound like the sky is falling on this guy? Is ebay seriously this broken?

[quote name='georox']Set a reserve or GTFO. Seriously.

Tough shit, set reserves, or do a buy it now only.[/quote]

[quote name='the_grimace']well, theoretically, the guy can probably take it as far as to take legal action against you, but will he, probably not.

That was a really asshole thing you did though. thats why i never do auctions.... i either do buy it now, or put it on amazon. under the TC, your bound to sell the item. No ways around it. Its a legal binding contract. so you really brought this upon yourself.

so take your chances OP, either the guy will pursue and youll be fucked, or you simply accept the loss. You cant blame anyone but yourself. You dug your on hole on this one.

p.s. im pretty sure you can set a reserve after the auction started. Might add to pay more, but ebay lets you make a ton of edits to your auction[/quote]

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']You're contractually obligated, bee-yotch. Ship him that fucking Xbox and quit your bitching.[/quote]

i agree that erving is a bitch for backing out of selling his item and that he needs to send the dude his 360; however, i find it hard to believe that an ebay auction is a "legally binding contract" as all of you are suggesting... it would be appreciated if someone could send me a link from ebay which states that this is in fact the case. from what i know about "legally binding contracts" i do not think an ebay auction could possibly qualify.

New thread coming soon.

Ive been scammed by Erving!!!!!

Can we ban this guy from trading now? This guy is why is ebay is so messed up.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']New thread coming soon.

Ive been scammed by Erving!!!!!

Can we ban this guy from trading now? This guy is why is ebay is so messed up.[/QUOTE]

I agree...what I think is funny that he made the thread apparently thinking that we would be on his side. What a douche bag thing to do. Appoligize to the buyer...tell him you WILL sell him the system, throw in a free game or something and sell it to him, you little piece of shit. YOU caused the problem, so man up and deal with it.

[quote name='magiic']Whats sad is this is identical to a buyer not paying. Yet nothing bad happens to a buyer if they do that. You all sound like the sky is falling on this guy? Is ebay seriously this broken?[/quote]

I think ebay is pretty broken.

[quote name='Erving']I already apologized several times. I think you'd be less angry if you realize life is about more than video games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, life is also about integrity, which it appears you have none. I put stuff on ebay all the time that I don't get what I wanted for it. Sure I get disappointed, but I always ship the item. You need to grow a pair and accept your responsibility. I'm guessing you're a kid because you obviously place no value on integrity and reputation. Change your course now or else you'll be doing crap like this all your life.

yeah there's nothing much you can do besides have him send you the money and ship it off to him. it's just a whole lot easier if you do and besides, you should have set the reserve before or put up a buy it now if you wanted higher.

There's a couple of sellers on ebay selling it for around that price anyways for the same system so you might be just SOL on the price anyways. Sorry man but a deals a deal and you'll be paying for it if you back out now.

You can make any edit to your listing as long as there's no bids. So, making it reserved or buy it now is possible as long as no one's bidded. You'll just be charged for the extra features.

OP: Learn from this mistake and set up a buy-it-now listing or reserve for the next X360 system that you sell. Or, deal on Amazon or CraigsList. You could've gotten more for it on Amazon, anyway.

Everyone else: Keep a lookout on his and the buyer's feedback in the future.

OP -- you need to look at this from the buyer's side. How many auctions did he not bid on, and thus let get away, because he thought he was buying yours.

As others have said, you should ship the item.

Besides you got a fair deal for the system. You got $142.50 for it shipped. That's pretty good considering your low effort listing and only 6 feedback. Other auctions ended for similar prices -- $135 - $150 shipped. I'd say you did pretty good.

I'm assuming the problem here is that you drastically overvalued your system, in which case you are to blame for not understanding your items current worth.

[quote name='crushtopher']Don't sell it to him. Don't accept any kind of payment, let him file a claim and then see what happens...[/quote]

Douchebags of a feather flock together.

[quote name='magiic']Whats sad is this is identical to a buyer not paying. Yet nothing bad happens to a buyer if they do that. You all sound like the sky is falling on this guy? Is ebay seriously this broken?[/quote]

I would get equally offended either way really, bidding/selling are contracts that should not be broken, and believe me, if I ever got a nonpaying bidder I would have done my fullest to make their life hell. Then again, this is why I no longer use eBay.

(ChaseTheChuckwagon, everyone!)

Personally, when I sell something on Ebay, I set the starting bid for the absolute minimum I would hope to get for the item. That way if no one bids, no one bids, but I figure if I set the auction lower and set a reserve, how is it really different. I've been disappointed with how auctions turned out for me, but I've never pulled a stunt like the OP did

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back