Some Launch Rumors.

-Never4ever-

CAGiversary!
Feedback
107 (100%)
Now before I start let me be perfectly clear: I got this info from a Manager at EBgames. Every bit of info came from this person & I won't believe it until it's confirmed by other sources. I'm just posting this here to see if anyone can confirm or deny these rumors.

Rumor #1: EBgames will start taking preorders on October 9. Susposively that will be the date they enter in SKU in their systems.

Rumor #2: Every store will take 40 to 60 preorders.

Rumor #3: Preordering will no longer guarrentee you a system on launch day.

Rumor #4: It won't matter what "number" your preorder is. First come, first serve.

#1: Sounds good.
#2: Cool.
#3: Then why?
#4: fuck that.

If all true, I'll still need to do it to use my store credit, but I will just have to plan on camping somewhere as I won't count on my preorder being there for me on launch day. Seems kinda dumb for them to wait until they know how many they're getting and then take more preorders than systems they have coming in.

Someone should tell them that waiting outside the store in hopes that they have more than 20 Wiis when I'm the 20th preorderer in line is no different than waiting outside Best Buy in hopes they have more than 20 Wiis in when I'm the 20th person in line.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Rumor #4: It won't matter what "number" your preorder is. First come, first serve.[/QUOTE]

Oh, man. I'm totally gonna take a camera and record that morning at a random EB of my choosing.

Fatty-slappin'-action!

[quote name='botticus']#1: Sounds good.
#2: Cool.
#3: Then why?
#4: fuck that.
[/QUOTE]

Those were the exact words I said to the manager after hearing the rumors :lol:

Those last 2 pretty much defeat the purpose of the pre-order. Why even bother taking them at that point? Why would I put $50 down on a big maybe when my chances will be just as good somewhere else?

It just don't make no gul-darned sense!

Baloras

When I pay a store for something, I expect to get it when I'm supposed to get it. What...here, take my money and hold onto it for weeks/months? I still have to wake up early and wait in a line for a chance to get something I have already paid for? fuck that. If I were going to wait in a line it would be at a Wal-Mart/Target or some other store like that.

I think I'll stick with my plan of camping out in front of Circuit City. I've never done that before and it sounds like it could be fun, especially since I'll be with my friends and getting in on some Wifi DS action while we wait.

That sounds really sketchy to me. I don't think anyone is really going to know what happens until after they get back from their manager conference which I believe is going on right now.

Im not even attempting to preorder at a B&M on this one. Im just going to sit back and wait for my 2 amazon.com Wii preorders w/ next day delivery to arrive since I was lucky enough to get them both in a few weeks ago.

Anyone have any idea when Amazon will start taking pre-orders for the Wii? No way will I ever give my money over to GS/EB for hardware - software only, and only when I know it's good.

I hate spreading my pre-orders out over multiple venues like this. I wish I could just get the Wii, Zelda, an extra remote/nunchuk and maybe another game or two pre-ordered at ONE store. fucking 360 launch ruined everything.

i was in EB in Murfreesboro, TN about a week ago or so and I traded in ps2 games to get some Wii games. The guy said too that he would call as soon as they are taking pre orders for the wii system. I asked if I pre-ordered would it secure me a system regardless or anything else. he replied yes...I guess we'll see.

T. Foolery

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Rumor #3: Preordering will no longer guarrentee you a system on launch day.
Rumor #4: It won't matter what "number" your preorder is. First come, first serve.[/QUOTE]
:lol:
That reminds me of that Seinfeld episode, when he reserved a rental car and they didn't have it.

[quote name='6669']:lol:
That reminds me of that Seinfeld episode, when he reserved a rental car and they didn't have it.[/QUOTE]

Because you know, anyone can take a reservation. It's holding that reservation that is the important part.

[quote name='munch']Because you know, anyone can take a reservation. It's holding that reservation that is the important part.[/QUOTE]

I know why we take reservations.

Has TRU started their preordering or will they even do it? I'd love to just put $50 down on one of their yellow slips and come in sometime on launch sunday without needing to camp out or wait in lines.

Wouldn't this somewhat be against some law? Basically you're paying for a service (holding of the system). Also GS/EB, based on their pre-order down payment policy, would be robbing you of your money. Sure you get that full value in store credit, but the agreement/transaction is not for store credit it is for pre-order. I put money on Wal-Mart cards all the time for gas, but I know what I'm getting. To tell me I can put money down for pre-order and the company to not hold the item plus convert my cash to credit is absurd. I'll be talking to my buddy who works for GS to ask him about any new info.

[quote name='baloras']Those last 2 pretty much defeat the purpose of the pre-order. Why even bother taking them at that point? Why would I put $50 down on a big maybe when my chances will be just as good somewhere else?

It just don't make no gul-darned sense!

Baloras[/quote]

I'll makes sure I ask first.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld Episode where he reserves the Rental Car:

CSR: I know what a reservation is sir

Jerry: I don't think you do. If you knew what a reservation was, I'd have a car. You know how to take the reservation, but you don't know how to hold the reservation. And that is the important part...the Holding.

[quote name='Number83']I'll makes sure I ask first.

Jerry: I don't think you do. If you knew what a reservation was, I'd have a car. You know how to take the reservation, but you don't know how to hold the reservation. And that is the important part...the Holding.[/QUOTE]

That joke is SO page 1... :roll:

I think if you signed up then you should get it first.

Say there are 50 systems coming and then only 30 show up. The first 30 get the system and the rest get their money back.

[quote name='Number83']Yeah, but it's worth mention again!

Sorry, didn't see it!:oops:[/quote]

Not everyone from this website is from NY, so many peopel prob needed that whole summary.

[quote name='Number83']I'll makes sure I ask first.

Jerry: I don't think you do. If you knew what a reservation was, I'd have a car. You know how to take the reservation, but you don't know how to hold the reservation. And that is the important part...the Holding.[/QUOTE]

That actually happened to me. Airplane landed, went to the car rental place... no car.

The CSR *actually* said, "just because you have a reservation doesn't mean you get a car."

Yes it does. That's what the word 'reserve' means. Unbelievable.

Anyway, I'm planning on preordering - but not if the first come/first served rumor turns out true. No sense in giving anyone money if you're not assured a system any more than camping.

Hopefully that's not the case.

[quote name='megashock5']That actually happened to me. Airplane landed, went to the car rental place... no car.

The CSR *actually* said, "just because you have a reservation doesn't mean you get a car."

Yes it does. That's what the word 'reserve' means. Unbelievable.[/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='Diiz']That joke is SO page 1... :roll:[/QUOTE]

Not only that, it was also quoted by several people in other preorder threads, such as Hack's EB/GS Hawaii screw job.

[quote name='Tybee']Not only that, it was also quoted by several people in other preorder threads, such as Hack's EB/GS Hawaii screw job.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was one of the people doing that in that thread :lol:

...back to the subject at hand...

I talked to someone at one of the local Gamestops. He said:

1) They won't know anything definate untill the managers come back from their conference in Texas.

2) There isn't a pre-order call list but they will be calling people who have reserved games.

3) Just because you'll be getting a call because you have a game reserved doesn't mean you have first crack at Wii pre-order.

4) The pre-orders will be first come, first serve

5) They will only take as many pre-orders as the number of Wii's they will be getting on launch day.

6) If you reserve a Wii, you'll get a Wii.

7) They know how many PS3's they'll be getting per store: 5

Baloras

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Has TRU started their preordering or will they even do it? I'd love to just put $50 down on one of their yellow slips and come in sometime on launch sunday without needing to camp out or wait in lines.[/QUOTE]

The official word from Toys R Us is NO PREORDERS. This goes for the Wii and for PS3, it's all first come first serve.

[quote name='alongx']The official word from Toys R Us is NO PREORDERS. This goes for the Wii and for PS3, it's all first come first serve.[/quote]
That sucks. Seems like EB, GS, and GC are the only places that will do pre-ordering.

Ive planned all along just going to Wal-Mart on Saturday and getting in line. I havent been to any launches since the Gamecube but they handled it very well so I see no reason why this shouldnt be the same.

Off the topic what is the episode name and the season the Seinfeld episode ia from everyone keeps talking about.

[quote name='Undertaker4eber']Ive planned all along just going to Wal-Mart on Saturday and getting in line. I havent been to any launches since the Gamecube but they handled it very well so I see no reason why this shouldnt be the same.

Off the topic what is the episode name and the season the Seinfeld episode ia from everyone keeps talking about.[/QUOTE]

You have never seen that episode?!

[quote name='Undertaker4eber']Ive planned all along just going to Wal-Mart on Saturday and getting in line. I havent been to any launches since the Gamecube but they handled it very well so I see no reason why this shouldnt be the same.

Off the topic what is the episode name and the season the Seinfeld episode ia from everyone keeps talking about.[/QUOTE]
It was like the first or second season. Let me look.....

edit. Season 3
http://www.seinfeldscripts.com/TheAlternateSide.htm

[quote name='David85']You have never seen that episode?![/QUOTE]

No, Ive seen it, I just couldnt remember what season it was from or the name of it.

Edit- Thanks 6669

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That sucks. Seems like EB, GS, and GC are the only places that will do pre-ordering.[/QUOTE]
FYE as well.

Is 40 to 60 Wiis per store at launch accurate? A clerk at one of the local Gamestops told me the same thing, and he also mentioned the 4 to 6 PS3s at launch that somebody else included in this thread.

How is it that Nintendo is launching 1M consoles to Sony's 400K yet putting 10x more consoles per store at launch? Are they launching in fewer stores than Sony?

[quote name='dothog']Is 40 to 60 Wiis per store at launch accurate? A clerk at one of the local Gamestops told me the same thing, and he also mentioned the 4 to 6 PS3s at launch that somebody else included in this thread.

How is it that Nintendo is launching 1M consoles to Sony's 400K yet putting 10x more consoles per store at launch? Are they launching in fewer stores than Sony?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, it's what the manager said.

Intrestingly enough, he also said he expects each store to get in 1 $500 & 2 $600 PS3s.

Why are you people so fucking dumb?

Most people here release that what the managers of Gamestop say is not anything close to fact, yet people in this thread don't get that?

[quote name='David85']Why are you people so fucking dumb?

Most people here release that what the managers of Gamestop say is not anything close to fact, yet people in this thread don't get that?[/QUOTE]

It's all r-u-m-o-r-s. Is this the first console launch you've been old enough to pay attention to or what?

From TGN thru 1UP:

"Preorders for the PS3 and Wii open up on Tuesday, October 10th. You will need to put $50 down. There is no trade in offers or anything.

Also it is each store managers decision if they want to open preorders, or sell the systems on a first come, first serve basis.

As I have said before, I have decided to sell the systems at my store on a first come, first serve basis.

Not all stores will be doing preorders, since it is the managers choice."

http://boards.1up.com/zd/board/message?board.id=ps3&message.id=21382

The potential of no pre-orders doesn't bother me. I've never been a fan of the pre-order system, and I'm willing to do the waiting that comes with that attitude.

I'll get mine eventually. It sounds like Nintendo is going to put consoles on shelves right away, so I think that with a maximum of a few hours of driving I'll be able to get mine on launch day from a Target, Wal-Mart, TRU, etc.

bread's done
Back