Some New Cheap Gamefly Prices!!

bigsyxxy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Cheap ass link (GameFly Store)

Gamefly seems to have just lowered some of their prices on used games. Some games of note:

XBOX:
Star Wars:KOTOR II - $24.99
NARC - $11.99
Oddworld: Stranger's - $24.99
Demon Stone - $12.99
Fight Night 2004 - $7.99
Fatal Frame II: Director's Cut - $23.99
Cold Fear - $27.99
Silent Hill 4 - $12.99
FIFA Street - $23.99

PS2:
Gran Turismo 4 - $34.99
Killzone - $22.99
Ratchet n Clank: UYA - $22.99
Jak 3 - $22.99
NARC - $11.99
Phantom Brave - $17.99
Sly 2 - $22.99
Demon Stone - $9.99
Viewtiful Joe 2 - $14.99

Cube:
Resident Evil 4 - $34.99
WWE Day of Reckoning - $17.99
Viewtiful Joe 2 - $16.99

Supposedly, may be free shipping for members as well.

Cheap ass link (GameFly Store)

I just saw the site a few seconds ago. It looks like there's is FREE shipping for subscribers -- on every game purchased as long as you remain a paying subscriber.

Is that a per-item shipping charge? If there's no benefit to combining orders I'll just fire away, otherwise I'll go for some multi-item deal that makes sense. Although I don't even think they have a shopping cart... is it even possible to have more than one item in an order??

[quote name='BustaUppa']Is that a per-item shipping charge? If there's no benefit to combining orders I'll just fire away, otherwise I'll go for some multi-item deal that makes sense. Although I don't even think they have a shopping cart... is it even possible to have more than one item in an order??[/QUOTE]

Unless they changed something you have to purchase item by item. No shopping cart, no multiple item orders. Thus you have to pay the shipping on each item (provided you are not a member).

Free Shipping

As a benefit to our paying rental subscribers, pay no shipping and handling charges on all pre-played purchases. This includes all rentals that you have placed a "Keep It" order on, as well as all games purchased as a "Buy It" order from the GameFly Store, as long as you are an active paying rental member not in your free trial period.

This is from the site. So, this means that when you are a paying rental customer at Gamefly they will wave the shipping fee when you buy Pre-Played Games.

[quote name='CouRageouS']How much is shipping overwise?[/QUOTE]

The shipping for games through GameFly is $1.99 + Sales Tax.

For example: you buy a game that is $9.99 times the Sales Tax of your state which mine is 6% and add $1.99 to that.

$9.99 Sale Price + $0.59 Sales Tax + $2.99 S&H = $13.57 Total of the game at $9.99

ya know you can edit your posts rather than making 4 in a row.
Thanks for making the list..im assuming you will include links ;)

Check the links in earlier post for deals for PS2 and GC.
Xbox:

$8-$10
Red Dead Revolver
NFSU
Driv3r
Full Spectrum Warrior
Sudeki
Fight Night 2004
ESPN NFL 2k5
THUG 1
PSI OPS
Rainbow Six 3
James Bond: EON
LOTR: ROTK
NFL Street
The Suffering
NBA Ballers
Tenchu: Return to Darkness
True Crimes
Tron 2.0
Second Sight

$10-$15
Chronicles of Riddick
MLB 2k5
Madden 2005
Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow
CSI
Worms 3D
Rouge Agent
PoP: Sands of Time
ESPN College Basketball 2k5
Kill Switch
NHL 2005
Demon Stone
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Otogi
Silent Hill 4

$16-$20
PoP: Warrior Within
Def Jam: FFNY
Street Figher Anniversary
LotR: The Third Age
NBA Live 2005
TMNT: Mutant Melee

Nice list. I picked up a bunch of those during the big sale at the end of the year. There are a few new ones I'd get now, but shipping kills it for me.

Very interesting that they've chosen to raise the S+H by $1 and are still not letting you combine multiple games into one S+H cost. Not going in the right direction if you ask me.

[quote name='cdeener']The shipping for games through GameFly is $1.99 + Sales Tax.

For example: you buy a game that is $9.99 times the Sales Tax of your state which mine is 6% and add $1.99 to that.

$9.99 Sale Price + $1.59 Sales Tax + $1.99 S&H = $13.57 Total of the game at $9.99[/QUOTE]

In which mathematical therum does 6% sales tax of $9.99 become $1.59 ?

[quote name='wubb']Nice list. I picked up a bunch of those during the big sale at the end of the year. There are a few new ones I'd get now, but shipping kills it for me.

Very interesting that they've chosen to raise the S+H by $1 and are still not letting you combine multiple games into one S+H cost. Not going in the right direction if you ask me.[/QUOTE]True, but honestly I felt a little bad for the paying subscribers before. I felt like I was ripping them off. Get like fifty cents off the non-subscriber prices, ooooooh!! May as well throw 'em a bone and sweeten the deal.

I mean OBVIOUSLY I would rather pay less shipping, but if I was a paying member I'd feel pretty good about the whole deal. I still can't believe some of these prices.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']In which mathematical therum does 6% sales tax of $9.99 become $1.59 ?[/QUOTE]

Cornfedwb, you would be correct about the Sales tax. I was adding a dollar and added to the wrong section. The dollar would be added to the S&H because it use to be $1.99 now it is $2.99

Alas, the days of the Gamefly mega deals are over. I would never subscribe - and those shipping costs ruin the deal. Still - a great deal all in all for those that have a subscription

[quote name='BustaUppa']True, but honestly I felt a little bad for the paying subscribers before. I felt like I was ripping them off. Get like fifty cents off the non-subscriber prices, ooooooh!! May as well throw 'em a bone and sweeten the deal.

I mean OBVIOUSLY I would rather pay less shipping, but if I was a paying member I'd feel pretty good about the whole deal. I still can't believe some of these prices.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, except that subscribers get that whole thing where Gamefly keeps mailing them games from their queue as they finish with them and mail them back. That's a nice little perk as well.

If they want to leave all the sweet deals for members only, that's fine. I'll just shop elsewhere.

I know its only $1, but theres no reason to raise the price on shipping. I hate when companies make profit off of shipping charges.

Hey, the one game I ordered from Gamefly cost way more to ship than the $1.99 they usually charge. It was Zelda Four Swords in the big square box (w/ the link cable), so that may explain the discrepancy, but the postage label was a good chunk more than $2, and that doesn't include the box & handling. Regardless, I don't think raising the shipping prices is how they "make money" off shipping; it's how they subsidize their members' free shipping.

I can't blame them from doing it, but it is a deterrent. With shipping, even a "sale" $15 game like Lemony Snicket is $20 w/ tax & shipping, and I can't imagine it won't be at that price at EB soon.

Here's a better example -- Gamefly has X-Men for GC for $22.99, while EBGames.com has it for $36.99. Easy choice, right? But with tax & shipping, it's $27.24 at Gamefly, and A/C, it's $27.74 at EB. The GF version is likely to be in better shape, and it's $0.50 cheaper, but it's certainly not as great as it once was.

[quote name='seanw']Hey, the one game I ordered from Gamefly cost way more to ship than the $1.99 they usually charge. It was Zelda Four Swords in the big square box (w/ the link cable), so that may explain the discrepancy, but the postage label was a good chunk more than $2, and that doesn't include the box & handling. Regardless, I don't think raising the shipping prices is how they "make money" off shipping; it's how they subsidize their members' free shipping.

I can't blame them from doing it, but it is a deterrent. With shipping, even a "sale" $15 game like Lemony Snicket is $20 w/ tax & shipping, and I can't imagine it won't be at that price at EB soon.[/QUOTE]

In that case they should have charged you more than the $2. But for a regular PS2, Xbox, or Gamecube game, media mail shipping is only $2, and I'm sure they get a discount on their shipping prices due to the sheer volume of things they ship every day.

bread's done
Back