Some New TRU Clearance starting Dec 26 -updated 12/24-

benboxer

CAGiversary!
The list is probably incomplete but this is all I have for now. I also don't know if these prices will be good online but they technically go into effect on Monday so it might be worth checking out.

* new stuff added 12/24

GBA :gba:
Board Game Classics Chess/ Checkers/ Backgammon
Drill Dozer
F-18 Hornet
Gunstar Super Heroes
Klax/Marble Madness
Lemony Snicket*
Lilo & Stitch
Lizzie Maguire 2
Nightmare Before Christmas Pumpkin King
Pinball Tycoon
Pokemon Fire Red w/wireless adapter
Pokemon Leaf Green w/wireless adapter*
Rebelstar*
Rocket Power Zero Gravity
Rugrats Go Wild
Shrek 2
Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom &Nicktoons Freeze Frame Frenzy 2pk
Sudoku Fever
Tony Hawk American Sk8teland
Top Spin 2
Tower
WarioWare Twisted
Winnie the Pooh Rumbly Tumbly
XMen Official Game
YuGiOh Championship 06
YuGiOh Destiny Board
YuGiOh RoD/SC Double Pack
YuGiOh GX Duel Academy
Zelda Minish Cap

DBZ GT Transformation*

Tales of Phantasia

DS :ds:
Feel the Magic*
Polarium*

Advance Wars DS
Castlevania DoS
Deep Labyrinth
Metroid Pinball
Point Blank*
Resident Evil DS
Rub Rabbits
Trace Memory
YuGiOh Nightmare Troubador*

Lost Magic
Pokemon Dash

PSP :psp:
Capcom Classics Remix
Coded Arms
The Con
FIFA 06
Gradius Collection
Mercury
Metal Gear Acid 2
Samurai Warriors State of War
Viewtiful Joe RHR
XMen Legends 2

Ape Escape Academy
Go!Sudoku
Megaman Maverick Hunter X
Megaman Powered Up
Neopets PetPet Adv
Valkyrie Lenneth*
Winning Eleven 9
World Champ Poker 2
Ys Ark of Napishtim

GameCube :gc:
ATV Quad Power Racing*
Batallion Wars
Call of Duty: Big Red One
Chibi Robo
Donkey Konga 2
Gun
Harry Potter GoF w/Movie Ticket
NFS Hot Pursuit 2
Odama
Pacman World 3
Spiderman 2
Super Monkey Ball
WWE Day of Reckoning*

Curious George

Karaoke Rev Party Bundle
Sonic Heroes/Mega Collection 2pk
Sonic Heroes/Adventures 2pk

PS2 :ps2:
Amplitude
Blowout*
Chessmaster*
EverQuest*
Jampak 11
Maximo*
Robotech Battlecry*
Trivial Pursuit*
Virtual Fighter Evo*
Virtual Quest*

Ace Combat 4
Atelier Iris 2
Ape Escape 3
Call of Duty: Big Red One Collector's Edition
Conflict Desert Storm*
Curious George
Dot Hack //GU*
Full Spectrum Warrior 10 Hammers
GRAW
Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City Bundle
Grandia III*
Karaoke Rev Party
Metal Saga*
Monster Rancher Evo
Ratchet and Clank
Resident Evil 4
Rogue Trooper*
Samurai Champloo
Scooby Night of 100 Frights*
Simpsons Road Rage*
Sly Cooper*
SOCOM 3
Steambot Chronicles
Winback 2
World Champ Poker 2
World Poker Tour*
XMen Official Game

MLB 2K6

Dance Dance Revolution Extreme
Driver Parallel Lines
Eye Toy Operation Spy Toy
FFXI CoP
Gallop Racer 06
Karaoke Rev Party Bundle
OutRun C2C*
Sonic Heroes/Mega Collection 2pk
Tales of Legendia
TOCA Race Driver 3
Tomb Raider Legend

Xbox :xbox:
Breakdown
Cold Fear*
Dead Man's Hand*
Dead to Rights 2*
Fight Club*
Max Payne
Rogue Ops*

50 Cent Bulletproof
Aeon Flux
And1 Streetball
Atari Anthology
ATV 2 Quad Power Racing
Battlefield 2
Big Mutha Truckers 2
Brothers in Arms EiB*
Capcom Classics Collection Vol 1
Finding Nemo
Full Spectrum Warrior 10 Hammers
GRAW
Godfather CE*
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Gun
Jade Empire
Karaoke Rev Party
Matrix Path of Neo
Mercenaries
MVP 06 NCAA Baseball
NBA Street v3
NHL 2K6
Pacman World 2
Pinball HoF
Rainbow Six Lockdown
Stacked
Tomb Raider Legend
Torino 06
True Crime NYC
World Champ Poker 2
World Poker Tour
Worms Forts Under Siege

Fight Night 3
Godfather
Karaoke Rev Party Bundle

Xbox 360 :360:
NHL 2K6

Call of Duty 2 GOTY
Final Fantasy XI
The Outfit
Quake 4
Tiger Woods 06
Tomb Raider Legend
XMen Official Game

Snagged:

Odama
Metoid Pinball
Tomb Raider: Legend (360)

Wanted but couldn't find:
Wario Ware Twisted
Psychonauts
Castlvania: DoS

with the exception of Metroid Prime Pinball, Deep Labyrinth, and GE: RA I didn't see squat. I think the horders picked up all good stuff that usually rings up 19.99 or more and trying to get store credit somewhere else.

MP:pinball is actually quite fun. I haven't opened DL and GE yet. Odama rang up 10 bucks instead of 5 bucks.

this was the TRU at fairlakes, va.

Edit: Thanks to Roufuss for pointing out my RE:DS price adjustment comment mistake...

i saw a copy of Urban Reign at my TRU and price checked it. it was $7.50. didn't buy it though. then i went to Costco and saw Urban Reign packed with R: Racing Evolution for $20. Urban Reign + kill.switch for $20. then i saw Urban Reign + American Chopper 2: Full Throttle for $20.

[quote name='ITDEFX'] I think the horders picked up all copies of RE:DS and did a price adjust today.. argh.
.[/QUOTE]

Yea, because that $5 profit sure is worth hoarding all the Resident Evil's.

[quote name='Brian9824']Got pretty much everything I wanted except Castlevania DS and Chibi-Robo, if anyone has extra's i have a spare metal saga and Steambot Chronicles for trade.

Also is the fellow CAG who scored the last Advance Wars from the Kendall TRU here? Curious who I bumped into.[/quote]

Twas me. It was cool meeting you there since I had also seen you during the Kmart clearance buying a copy of Sprung for the DS. Managed to get one of the last two Grandia IIIs, but after scoping out the wall not much was left . No .hack or Castlevania. However, the Kendall TRU mightve still had copies of Lenneth and a few Atelier Iris 2. Thanks alot to the OP for this awesome deal.

Wanted:

Zelda Minish Cap - 9.98
Advance Wars DS - 9.98
Resident Evil DS - 9.98
Amplitude - 4.98
Resident Evil 4 - 9.98
Call of Duty 2 GOTY - 19.98
The Outfit - 19.98
Quake 4 - 19.98

Got:

Quake 4 - 19.98

:whistle2:| Everything else was sold out...... anyone have Amplitude, RE4, or RE: DS? Those were my biggest wants. I'd pay the clearance price plus an appropriate shipping charge. Let me know.

[quote name='Eggplant_Wizard']Want to buy/trade for:

Deep Labyrinth
Resident Evil DS

Have Best Buy gift cards and Odama (sealed).[/QUOTE]

pm sent

I've got an Atelier Iris 2 I'll swap for a Grandia 3 or .hack //GU. I'll also straight up buy Grandia 3 or .hack //GU, PM me with your price after shipping.

i'll probably pick up a few more metal sagas for the CAG people since they seem to have a hard time picking it up and i would want someone to help me out if i needed it ;]. i'll let you guys know tomorrow

[quote name='io']Damn, go pick up those Metal Sagas - a ton of people (including me) want one.
I couldn't find it at three stores today, and I was out pretty early. No one else was looking at these games. The only game shoppers were parents with little kids who must have either gotten gift cards or new GBA's or Ds's for Christmas. I saw lots of Catz and Hannah Montana's being sold ;).

The first store I went to had everything except the PSP titles marked with the orange stickers. I was surprised to find anything there (got Steambot, Monster Rancher, Gallop Racer, and Gun there - and they had lots of Odama, Rub Rabbits, several others). The second store was a ticket store and they ONLY had the PSP and DS games marked (and in a bin). The console games were not out but they didn't have anything good (and what they had was still original price w/tickets - like Odama for $49.99, so I'm assuming they didn't get around to those yet and just had nothing good anyway). Looks like no Metal Sagas anywhere near me (I called a 3rd store and they didn't have it). Anyway, looking to trade for that - see the trade thread for my list, or PM as I might have other stuff.[/quote]

I stopped by my local TRU during lunch and did pretty well. My TRU is pretty well stocked with clearance PS2 RPGs, which are pretty much what I wanted.

I ended up with
Atelier Iris 2
Metal Saga
Steambot Chronicles
Samurai Champloo
Point Blank
Dot Hack //GU
Monster Rancher Evo

I went back after work to get
Valkyrie Profile
Grandia III
Virtua Fighter 4
Odama
2nd copies of Atelier Iris 2, Steambot Chronicles, Point Blank

I'll go back one more time on Thursday or Friday and clean out any Atelier Iris 2, Metal Saga, Steambot Chronicles or Grandia III for at-cost trading at CAG, though I doubt they'll be still be there.

The only bad part was buying fatal frame 3, realizing it rang up as $19.99, and braving the customer service line the day after Christmas for a return. Poor TRU employees looked miserable today.

Still got an Atelier Iris 2, really want to trade it for a Resident Evil DS!

It's a late Christmas present to a friend ;)

I can ship tomorrow morning!!!!

[quote name='RockoMan']i'll probably pick up a few more metal sagas for the CAG people since they seem to have a hard time picking it up and i would want someone to help me out if i needed it ;]. i'll let you guys know tomorrow[/QUOTE]
that would be very helpful. thanks

[quote name='Hixton1']Has anyone actually bought Call of Duty 2 for the X360 for $20? Mine rang up as $40.[/quote]

Mine still rang up at $40 also.

i think that's a mistake, cause the outfit rang up as $20

I bought Jade Empire LE Wednesday last week for $19.95. I didn't notice this thread until last night so I was thinking, damn I fucked up. Luckily I was able to get a price adjustment without hassle just now, so thanks benboxer!

And I could've walked out with another copy of the game for free, but stupid, honest me had to mention that the copy I was holding was one of theirs that R-zone told me to take to customer service. The game was in an anti-theft case and the alarm didn't even sound when I walked through the magnetic bars, so I could still make a free game happen, hmm...I'm new here though; is that against the CAG way? :whistle2:|

Anyways, I was kind of in a hurry tonight, so I'll be double-teaming the place with my brother tomorrow morning. Props to benboxer again!

A complete and total bust for me.. my TRU had absolutely none of the games on that list.. not a one, even had my wife searching the shelves.. and the retards that worked the dept. well.. let's just say you'd have gotten a better reaction out of a refrigerator.

[quote name='lvl99ultrathug']I'm new here though; is that against the CAG way? :whistle2:|

[/quote]

If you walk out with a case of pepsi at a gas station, it doesn't set off an alarm either, but you'd be stealing. ;)

Why would you risk the embarassment/strip search/stern-talking-to-by-a-seasonal-employee anyway for a $10 game you already have and can't even sell for profit on ebay?

[quote name='RockoMan']i'll probably pick up a few more metal sagas for the CAG people since they seem to have a hard time picking it up and i would want someone to help me out if i needed it ;]. i'll let you guys know tomorrow[/quote]

Well if they still have a lot of stock and you buy some extras, I'd be down for copies of Metal Saga, Odama, and Rub Rabbits.

Some old lady came in this morning right before me and also tried to buy up all the $10 titles, assumably for eBay. I knew it wouldn't be a problem however as she basically handed one of the "R" Zone employees a giant list of stuff she was looking for and walked off leaving him in charge of searching. Needless to say he was all over it (yeah right LOL).

I picked up Steambot, Gunstar Advance, Zelda: Minish Cap & Drill Dozer for 40 bucks and tax today. This is a great website! Thanks. (I'd have gotten more, but there is only one TRU left in the Birmingham area.

Also, the TRU I hit Odama rang up 19.98...other than that it was pretty cleaned out and didnt have much of anything else I was after.

FYI, the Pokemon Leaf Green that's $9.98 is the one that's non-player's choice (aka the one with the wireless adapter). If it's the PC one that doesn't have the wireless adapter, then it's $19.99.

Printed the coupon for $5 off any GC game and snagged Odama for $4.98, funny thing is I've been wanting to try this game for while but $49.99 was too much for me to take a chance on it. Heck even at $29.99 or $19.99 was too much for me when I had plenty of games that are currently keeping me busy.

Heck for $4.98 I'll give it a chance, if I don't like it it's only $5 and I could prolly trade it in somewhere as fodder to get something better.

Thanks for the coupon OP, worked like a charm. I just took it up to the register and said I was on TRU's mailing list and I got this coupon emailed to me. The cashier scanned it without any problems at all. He did a double take on the price for Odama though because it was still marked at $49.99! :)

Also, thanks go out to benboxer for the list.

Although, it didn't seem like there was much at my TRU I managed to snag a copy of Monster Rancher Evo for $10 and Odama for $5. That seemed like all there was, but I was in a hurry tonight so I'll have to check TRU out again tomorrow when i get out of work at 4:30pm EST.

Thanks again CAG!

[quote name='mbstuff']If you walk out with a case of pepsi at a gas station, it doesn't set off an alarm either, but you'd be stealing. ;)

Why would you risk the embarassment/strip search/stern-talking-to-by-a-seasonal-employee anyway for a $10 game you already have and can't even sell for profit on ebay?[/quote]
Of course I don't have the balls to actually do it, I was just trying to be funny (just like with my username).

What if I had kept my mouth shut, though, as the cashier was opening the case. Is that against the CAG code? (where am I getting this thing about a code from :)?)

And I think I could make a profit off a game that would only cost me its shipping.

[quote name='lvl99ultrathug']Of course I don't have the balls to actually do it, I was just trying to be funny (just like with my username).

What if I had kept my mouth shut, though, as the cashier was opening the case. Is that against the CAG code? (where am I getting this thing about a code from :)?)

And I think I could make a profit off a game that would only cost me its shipping.[/QUOTE]

I actually thought your username was lvl99ultrahug for a sec :)

[quote name='suko_32']FYI, the Pokemon Leaf Green that's $9.98 is the one that's non-player's choice (aka the one with the wireless adapter). If it's the PC one that doesn't have the wireless adapter, then it's $19.99.[/quote]

Did they release a non-PC version that didn't have the adapter? I had found a non-PC version today and to my surprise it still rang up as $19.99.

[quote name='deallurkerguy']Did they release a non-PC version that didn't have the adapter? I had found a non-PC version today and to my surprise it still rang up as $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Did they? I'm not sure. The UPC for the $9.98 one is 045496734121. I think as long as it has the adapter, it's the clearenced one.

Anyone looking to part with Advance Wars DS and/or Zelda Minish Cap? I went looking in two TRU today and couldn't find them anywhere. Thanks if anyone is willing to help my handheld fix ;)

I didn't end up arriving at my local TRU (Buckhead, Atlanta) until around 7:30 est this evening, and a bunch of the games I wanted weren't anywhere to be found. I ended up getting Metal Gear Acid 2, Gunstar Super Heroes, FFXI 360, and Arc the Lad: End of Darkness.

I bought Arc and Gunstar as tradebait, so if anyone is interested in either and has something from the TRU sale for trade, please send a PM my way.

[quote name='suko_32']I actually thought your username was lvl99ultrahug for a sec :)[/quote]

WOW, I thought what you wrote was lvl99ultrahung.

[quote name='3QGojo']Printed the coupon for $5 off any GC game and snagged Odama for $4.98, funny thing is I've been wanting to try this game for while but $49.99 was too much for me to take a chance on it. Heck even at $29.99 or $19.99 was too much for me when I had plenty of games that are currently keeping me busy.[/quote]

Where can this $5 coupon be found?

[quote name='neocisco']Where can this $5 coupon be found?[/QUOTE]

It was originally a coupon mailed to some people, but there's a scan of it in this forum. YMMV on using the scan.

I've been reading every goddamn page now, seems like no one in nyc was able to grab any psp stuff? I couldn't find any Gradius, Viewtiful, x-men, or valkyrie. I R Pissed.

My TRU seemed rather picked clean as well. Here's what I managed to get:

Got:
Odama
Metal Gear Acid 2
Tales of Legandia
Deep Labrinth
Gradius Collection
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
Gunstar Super Heroes
Tomb Raider Legend (360)

Want:
Rebelstar
Zelda Minish Cap
Valkyrie Lenneth
Atelier Iris 2
Dot Hack //GU
Metal Saga
Monster Rancher Evo
Steambot Chronicles

If anyone has access to these I'd be willing to trade. The main ones I want are Atelier, Rebelstar, Metal Saga, and Steambot, but I'd like all. :)

My TRU still had some (as of closing time):

Tales of Legandia
Gunstar Super Heroes
Odama
Deep Labrinth
Y's Ark of Napishtim
Ratchet and Clank
Various Yu-Gi-Oh's

If anyone needs these, I'd be willing to go back and trade for the ones I need. I need to go back anyways to price check the Donkey Konga 2 Bundle to see if it's the one that's $9. It may say in the threads but I'm not searchin' 'em at this point in time. :p I was surprised they had Gunstars (que "Last Starfighter" flashbacks) and did notice a Final Fantasy IV for Gameboy in a bin. It's not a part of this deal but I'd be willing to go back and fetch it for trade.

PM me if you're interested in any of what I've said above.

Did anyone else's TRU have a TON of Deep Labyrinth?

Seriously, all of my TRU's were almost picked clean, but all 4 TRU's had about 6 copies of this game and no one seemed to care.

[quote name='psychoxfoo']I've been reading every goddamn page now, seems like no one in nyc was able to grab any psp stuff? I couldn't find any Gradius, Viewtiful, x-men, or valkyrie. I R Pissed.[/quote]
That's pretty accurate. I checked my ToysRus even for pre-purchasing. The games just were never there to begin with.

Ps2 stuff, though, was there for the picking, as long as you went to a few stores or just the right store. Even tonight, the last store I went to had about 7 copies of Odama, and a few others. At that store, though, the minute I bought it, the workers took all of the rest for themselves (to resell I presume). They were then searching at random looking for games at $9.98. Just scanning them all:lol:

[quote name='Roufuss']Did anyone else's TRU have a TON of Deep Labyrinth?

Seriously, all of my TRU's were almost picked clean, but all 4 TRU's had about 6 copies of this game and no one seemed to care.[/QUOTE]

mine had a small stack in the back... I was going to pick it up, but realized my money should go to a better game.

If anybody in the DFW area needs Steamboat Chronicles I'll be going back tomorrow morning to see about picking up a couple more copies for my peeps. They also had a fuckwack of Odama. This is the TRU in Cowtown or whatever. Anybody checked the Arlington TRU yet?

[quote name='mbstuff']I stopped by my local TRU during lunch and did pretty well. My TRU is pretty well stocked with clearance PS2 RPGs, which are pretty much what I wanted.

I ended up with
Atelier Iris 2
Metal Saga
Steambot Chronicles
Samurai Champloo
Point Blank
Dot Hack //GU
Monster Rancher Evo

I went back after work to get
Valkyrie Profile
Grandia III
Virtua Fighter 4
Odama
2nd copies of Atelier Iris 2, Steambot Chronicles, Point Blank

I'll go back one more time on Thursday or Friday and clean out any Atelier Iris 2, Metal Saga, Steambot Chronicles or Grandia III for at-cost trading at CAG, though I doubt they'll be still be there.

The only bad part was buying fatal frame 3, realizing it rang up as $19.99, and braving the customer service line the day after Christmas for a return. Poor TRU employees looked miserable today.[/quote]

I'd be willing to take you up on that offer, though I'm curious what titles you'd be looking for? Or if you want moolah, how that would be handled since we're not an auction site? I come here every day but haven't done any actual trading (yet).

bread's done
Back