Some New TRU Clearance starting Dec 26 -updated 12/24-

benboxer

CAGiversary!
The list is probably incomplete but this is all I have for now. I also don't know if these prices will be good online but they technically go into effect on Monday so it might be worth checking out.

* new stuff added 12/24

GBA :gba:
Board Game Classics Chess/ Checkers/ Backgammon
Drill Dozer
F-18 Hornet
Gunstar Super Heroes
Klax/Marble Madness
Lemony Snicket*
Lilo & Stitch
Lizzie Maguire 2
Nightmare Before Christmas Pumpkin King
Pinball Tycoon
Pokemon Fire Red w/wireless adapter
Pokemon Leaf Green w/wireless adapter*
Rebelstar*
Rocket Power Zero Gravity
Rugrats Go Wild
Shrek 2
Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom &Nicktoons Freeze Frame Frenzy 2pk
Sudoku Fever
Tony Hawk American Sk8teland
Top Spin 2
Tower
WarioWare Twisted
Winnie the Pooh Rumbly Tumbly
XMen Official Game
YuGiOh Championship 06
YuGiOh Destiny Board
YuGiOh RoD/SC Double Pack
YuGiOh GX Duel Academy
Zelda Minish Cap

DBZ GT Transformation*

Tales of Phantasia

DS :ds:
Feel the Magic*
Polarium*

Advance Wars DS
Castlevania DoS
Deep Labyrinth
Metroid Pinball
Point Blank*
Resident Evil DS
Rub Rabbits
Trace Memory
YuGiOh Nightmare Troubador*

Lost Magic
Pokemon Dash

PSP :psp:
Capcom Classics Remix
Coded Arms
The Con
FIFA 06
Gradius Collection
Mercury
Metal Gear Acid 2
Samurai Warriors State of War
Viewtiful Joe RHR
XMen Legends 2

Ape Escape Academy
Go!Sudoku
Megaman Maverick Hunter X
Megaman Powered Up
Neopets PetPet Adv
Valkyrie Lenneth*
Winning Eleven 9
World Champ Poker 2
Ys Ark of Napishtim

GameCube :gc:
ATV Quad Power Racing*
Batallion Wars
Call of Duty: Big Red One
Chibi Robo
Donkey Konga 2
Gun
Harry Potter GoF w/Movie Ticket
NFS Hot Pursuit 2
Odama
Pacman World 3
Spiderman 2
Super Monkey Ball
WWE Day of Reckoning*

Curious George

Karaoke Rev Party Bundle
Sonic Heroes/Mega Collection 2pk
Sonic Heroes/Adventures 2pk

PS2 :ps2:
Amplitude
Blowout*
Chessmaster*
EverQuest*
Jampak 11
Maximo*
Robotech Battlecry*
Trivial Pursuit*
Virtual Fighter Evo*
Virtual Quest*

Ace Combat 4
Atelier Iris 2
Ape Escape 3
Call of Duty: Big Red One Collector's Edition
Conflict Desert Storm*
Curious George
Dot Hack //GU*
Full Spectrum Warrior 10 Hammers
GRAW
Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City Bundle
Grandia III*
Karaoke Rev Party
Metal Saga*
Monster Rancher Evo
Ratchet and Clank
Resident Evil 4
Rogue Trooper*
Samurai Champloo
Scooby Night of 100 Frights*
Simpsons Road Rage*
Sly Cooper*
SOCOM 3
Steambot Chronicles
Winback 2
World Champ Poker 2
World Poker Tour*
XMen Official Game

MLB 2K6

Dance Dance Revolution Extreme
Driver Parallel Lines
Eye Toy Operation Spy Toy
FFXI CoP
Gallop Racer 06
Karaoke Rev Party Bundle
OutRun C2C*
Sonic Heroes/Mega Collection 2pk
Tales of Legendia
TOCA Race Driver 3
Tomb Raider Legend

Xbox :xbox:
Breakdown
Cold Fear*
Dead Man's Hand*
Dead to Rights 2*
Fight Club*
Max Payne
Rogue Ops*

50 Cent Bulletproof
Aeon Flux
And1 Streetball
Atari Anthology
ATV 2 Quad Power Racing
Battlefield 2
Big Mutha Truckers 2
Brothers in Arms EiB*
Capcom Classics Collection Vol 1
Finding Nemo
Full Spectrum Warrior 10 Hammers
GRAW
Godfather CE*
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Gun
Jade Empire
Karaoke Rev Party
Matrix Path of Neo
Mercenaries
MVP 06 NCAA Baseball
NBA Street v3
NHL 2K6
Pacman World 2
Pinball HoF
Rainbow Six Lockdown
Stacked
Tomb Raider Legend
Torino 06
True Crime NYC
World Champ Poker 2
World Poker Tour
Worms Forts Under Siege

Fight Night 3
Godfather
Karaoke Rev Party Bundle

Xbox 360 :360:
NHL 2K6

Call of Duty 2 GOTY
Final Fantasy XI
The Outfit
Quake 4
Tiger Woods 06
Tomb Raider Legend
XMen Official Game

mine was pretty much cleaned out, but I didn't get there until after 3.

if anyone's got an extra copy of steamboat chronicles, I'll buy it off of you... didn't pick up anything to trade.

Well, I stopped in tonight and got Resident Evil DS, the last copy of Chibi Robo, and what I was most tickled about... I saw a copy of FF Dawn of Souls sitting on a shelf tagged for 9.98. I decided to pick it up, since I passed it up at the last big CC clearance for $9 and regretted it... well it rang up $5! Probably a YMMV, but I thought I'd mention it...

Now if only I could have found Castlevania!

I couldn't find the ones I was looking for most (Minish Cap, Advance Wars DS, and Dawn of Sorrow), but I managed to pick up some other nice titles: Gunstar Super Heroes, Drill Dozer, Chibi-Robo, and Trace Memory. :)

Also, there was a bunch of Odamas at the TRU I went to in Ventura, CA.

Thanks OP!!

I got to my TRU (Mesquite, TX) around 9:45 this morning. I waited outside and people started lining up for returns. I met a nice fellow CAG'er. We were the first two people to enter the store. As soon as I got to the GameCube section it was completely empty except for the many Odamas. I picked one up and headed for the DS/GBA section. I was pretty dissappointed in their selection. Picked up Trace Memory and Feel The Magic. I headed over to the counter and asked the cashier if there were any Zelda Minish Caps and sure enough behind the counter he pulled out the last one!! :D In all I got:

Zelda Minish Cap
Feel The Magic
Trace Memory
Odama

I was pretty happy! :D

I am looking for WarioWare Twisted, Resident Evil DS, The Tower SP, and Gunstar Super Heroes.

I have for trade:
Burnout Legends (DS) Brand New, Sealed
Timesplitters: Future Perfect (PS2) Brand New, Sealed
XIII (PS2) (x2) Brand New, Sealed
PS1 Games (PM me for list)
Tom Clancy: Rogue Spear Platinum Pack (PC) Brand New
Descent II (PC) Excellent condition, box and everything!
PayPal

My TRU was basically cleaned. I visited 3 near my area.

Here's what I picked up that I am willing to part with:
Deep Labyrinth
Tales of Legendia
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
Wario Ware Twisted

Here's what I am hoping for:
Atelier Iris 2
Grandia 3
Metal Saga
Zelda Minish Cap
Ys Ark Of Napishtim

Ill go to my ToysRus which is on LaCienega and 18th in West Hollywood.99.8% sure its cleaned out but im gonna go anyway.Theres a Longs Drugs Store near by so,hopefully they still might have PS2s and PSPs on sale.Two birds with one stone.

Went back to my Toys R Us. Many of the games that I saw listed for full price earlier in the day now had an orange sticker with a much reduced price on them.

Picked up Odama for $10, and .hack//GU for $10. Odama was in a case behind the register and was still labeled as normal price, but it turned into $10 as soon as it got scanned in.

The guy at the register was incredibly surprised.

The store (in Hawaii), still had lots of copies of .hack//GU, 1 or 2 copies of Odama, and many of the PS2 games that I didn't care to look at.

I didn't even know about this until a few hours ago... hopefully one of the nearby TRUs will still have a copy of Castlevania DoS when I can get there... I must have that game!

If I don't get rid of my RE tomorrow, I realized I have no use for it so I'll probably be returning it and exchanging it for something else... I have no idea what though...

[quote name='hack']Went back to my Toys R Us. Many of the games that I saw listed for full price earlier in the day now had an orange sticker with a much reduced price on them.

Picked up Odama for $10, and .hack//GU for $10. Odama was in a case behind the register and was still labeled as normal price, but it turned into $10 as soon as it got scanned in.

The guy at the register was incredibly surprised.

The store (in Hawaii), still had lots of copies of .hack//GU, 1 or 2 copies of Odama, and many of the PS2 games that I didn't care to look at.[/quote]

Not sure if $10 odama is enough incentive for me to brave the long ass lines at our one and only TRU--no Minish Cap or 360 stuff?

[quote name='gunm']Not sure if $10 odama is enough incentive for me to brave the long ass lines at our one and only TRU--no Minish Cap or 360 stuff?[/quote]

Unfortunately, no Minish Cap. I would have so went for that, but I looked, and there were no good GBA games. Although Drill Dozer was there, which I am tempted to pick up.

Also, I did see Tomb Raider Legend for 360. But that is the only thing I remember seeing (or maybe it was Lara's curves?).

The lines actually weren't too bad this evening. It was only the morning that was really bad. The returns line never seemed to let up, but of course, that is typical of the after-Christmas hours.

The Northgate location in Cincinnati was pretty much picked clean by 3:00 p.m. Managed to pick up Atelier Iris 2. Thanks OP.

Picked up:

Advance Wars DS
Rub Rabbits
Tower SP
Chibi Robo ($5 after Zelda coupon - cashier took it without question!)
Grandia III

I got the last copies of all except for Chibi Robo, I think there was one left? There were a bunch of crappy Poker games for GBA, Jak II, Strawberry Shortcake GBA, and stuff that'll rot until the end of time. I flinched when a mother had the last Grandia III in a stack, but luckily she threw it back in the bin, disgusted that some Madden title wasn't clearanced. :D

I'm keeping them all for my collection, but I'll make a second run tonight or tomorrow and I can keep an eye out if anyone needs anything. The only DS games left were Pac Pix, some Pac Man world, and I think one copy of Battalion Wars.

i was able to get RE, Advance Wars for :ds:, and apparently someone mispriced kirby/amazing mirror to 9.98, so i grabbed that.

I would gladly pay someone for Point Blank and Castlevania: DoS, since neither one of the TRU's here have them.

Hey there - Was hoping someone might have picked up extra copies of Odama (NGC) and Godfather: Limited Edition (XBX) - I'd be intrested in taking these off your hands. Looking for multiple copies of each (gifts). Let me know - [email protected]. Thanks again!

[quote name='bobthecat23']hey does anyone have a coupon for 5 off 25 or more or knows that there is one[/quote]

There still is one floating around the internet, but it is a known fake. TRU is well aware of it, and as a result they are not supposed to accept any printed coupons, except for the emailed ones (Like 12 days of christmas)

I hit two TRUs in north Atlanta - Cumberland and Barrett Parkway. At Cumberland, I got DS Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble for $7.50 (last copy), DS Deep Labyrinth (several more) for $10, PS1 Syphon Filter for $1.70, and PS2 Ape Escape 3 (bunch more) for $10. I saw a few copied of WW Twisted there, but I already had it.

At Barrett, I found DS Rub Rabbits (last one), DS Advance Wars Dual Strike (a couple more), and GBA Klona: Empire of Dreams for $3.50 (lots in the clearance box).

In all, a pretty good bargain. Now to find time to play them all :)

[quote name='chicagoz']
Enchanted Arms for $19.98 must be at only a couple stores, cuz only one other person on here said they saw the same price for it at their TRU.[/quote]

They had Enchanted Arms for $19.98 with the orange sticker in the cheap bin at the Butterfield TRU in IL. I picked up a copy, but it rang up as $59.99. They did the price adjustment and the manager wasnt too happy about the huge price adjustment and started looking through the sales chart and said the it was for the other version of Enchanted Arms??? Anyway, she started grabbing all the Enchanted Arms in the bin and removed the orange stickers.

I'm guessing it was a mistake for Enchanted Arms to be on sale?

I went the to Escondido (San Diego) store after work but it was pretty much picked clean when I got there. They still had several copies of Odama, Metal Gear Acid 2 and Deep Labrynth. I'm still looking for copies of dot hack GU, Valkyrie Profile Lenneth, and Tales of Legendia if anyone picks up extra copies.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']They had Enchanted Arms for $19.98 with the orange sticker in the cheap bin at the Butterfield TRU in IL. I picked up a copy, but it rang up as $59.99. They did the price adjustment and the manager wasnt too happy about the huge price adjustment and started looking through the sales chart and said the it was for the other version of Enchanted Arms??? Anyway, she started grabbing all the Enchanted Arms in the bin and removed the orange stickers.

I'm guessing it was a mistake for Enchanted Arms to be on sale?[/quote]

That's what I was thinking, but a handful of stores making the same mistake? Anyway, I'm glad others, not just me, on CAG got a crack at this deal.

[quote name='hack']Although Drill Dozer was there, which I am tempted to pick up.[/quote]

I'd totally recommend Drill Dozer. Picked it up yesterday and I can't stop playing it. Totally unique, but I can tell its going to be fairly short. Totally worth $10.

Any success in Chicago?

Looking for the DS titles; castlevania and advance wars. I called up the milwaukee store with no luck. The Western Ave store is such a mess and last time I went to that one they had practically nothing and Customer Service is non-existent at either TRU.

[quote name='yoursisterspretty']I'd totally recommend Drill Dozer. Totally worth $10.[/quote]

Even better at $3, which is the price at KMarts right now.

For those of you with tons of extra games that are going unwanted on the trading block, AND do not want to take back to the store, consider trading some of these to FYE. The profit margin is about $5.00 on most of these games.
Yes, I could always say Ebay them, but I dislike that option. Anyhow, I'm planning on hanging on to some of these that go unwanted and trading them in and use it towards the purchase of Lost Planet early next year.

[quote name='maxgle']do TRU restock their games? if I didnt find anything yesterday(first day of sale), should I bother going again?[/QUOTE]

They will not restock unless they have some in the back or some misplaced in the store.

Picked up an extra copy (one each, all new & sealed), of the following PS2 games for CAGs:

Grandia III *Sold*
.hack//G.U. rebirth *Sold*
Atelier Iris 2 *Sold*
Steambot Chronicles *Pending Out*

$14 Each shipped (Money Order Only). Will look at lists for trade possibilities. All will be going back at the end of next week. Send me a PM if interested. :D

[quote name='paintballers']Mercury is still $39.99 at my Toys R US[/quote]

I bought Mercury for $10. Are you sure it wasn't the sequel (Mercury Meltdown)?

Well, I've got pretty much everything I wanted now except .//hack, Feel the Magic, and Metal Saga. If anyone wants to trade any of those 3 I could probably still pick up Ape Escape 3, Rub Rabbits, Odama, Samurai Champloo, DrillDozer, Samurai Warriors, Tower SP, Tales of Legendia, Metroid Pinball, Warioware Twisted, Brothers in Arms, Full Spectrum Warrior, and maybe a couple others like Jade Empire LE.

Thanks again OP.

Oh, and I picked up PS2 Harvest Moon Save the Homeland for $5, too. Nothing else I had scanned was marked down.

[quote name='SleepyBum']Thanks Op! I got most of what I wanted. All rang up as $9.98

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/4079/truclearancemv1.jpg

Atelier Iris 2
Grandia III
Metal Saga
Steambot Chronicles
Metal Gear Ac!d 2
Rub Rabbits

Also found a FFXI HD at one of the stores. Rang up as $14.

Got some some GC games for $9.98 - $5. Thanks to the op in that coupon thread.

Odama and Battalion Wars. Will go back later this week for Chibi Robo. Some of the cashiers wouldn't let me use the coupon, but there were some nice ones who did. The cashier dude in Porter Ranch gets props from me.

Did not see Zelda Minish Cap, Castlevania: DoS, or Resident Evil 4 at all.

Here's how my day went...

Started out at the LA TRU.

Got Steambot Chronicles, Rub Rabbits, and Metal Gear Ac!d 2. Think they were out of everything else. Think I saw some dude with a printout list eyeing the DS section at 10am when they opened (probable CAGer?).

Went to Culver City TRU.

Got Atelier Iris 2, Grandia III, and Metal Saga. Think the had most of the games in stock.

The (probably manager/supervisor) lady was taking all the clearance games off the cabinate shelf, checking the price, and putting them in a basket. Guess they gonna stick them in those plastic anti-theft things, and put them on the floor.

Went to [SIZE=-1]Van Nuys TRU.

Got [/SIZE]Battalion Wars and SLAI (Steel Lancer Arena International) Phantom Crash for $7.00, made by Konami. Never heard of this game before. Also saw two Trapt and got those.

Went to Porter Ranch TRU.

Saw 2 more Trapt actually correctly placed on the shelf. Didn't buy. So go get it if you want it. Saw 2 FFXI HD packs behind the cashier and got that for $14. There's one more FFXI HD left, but that box looks really beaten up. Also the cashier let me use a coupon, and got Odama. They like like 5+ more.

Went to Woodland Hills TRU.

Think they had some games left. But I didn't get anything there.

I went to Sears also and luckly found the original Metal Gear Ac!d. Now my collection is complete, until Portable Ops drops in price.

Thanks again for the list![/quote]

SleepyBum that was me! Were you the chick? I also went to Culver City right after but must have missed you because I spent about 45 minutes at the LA TRU. So YOU'RE the one who got Atelier Iris 2 at Culver City...

There were also copies of Battalion Wars in Culver City. I am hitting up a couple of ghetto stores today.

Mr. Driller (DS) rang up at $5.00 at my TRU, though I'm not sure if that's part of the clearance or just the price it has been.

Major thanks, benboxer...you are the man!

I just went on my lunch break and picked up:

Rebelstar Tactical Command - GBA
Metroid Prime Pinball - DS
Steambot Chronicles - PS2

Those were the three games I wanted most on the list, so I am an extremely happy duck. :D

[quote name='mrx1']Ill go to my ToysRus which is on LaCienega and 18th in West Hollywood.99.8% sure its cleaned out but im gonna go anyway.Theres a Longs Drugs Store near by so,hopefully they still might have PS2s and PSPs on sale.Two birds with one stone.[/quote]

I only took one copy of each game that I picked up at that location, but FYI me and sleepybum hit it yesterday at opening (not that there was much to actually clean out). DS/GBA selection was terrible. PS2 RPGS mostly gone, but maybe you will get lucky because they had multiple empty boxes for each of them on the floor.

Let us know if the Longs right there has any PSP/PS2's, and what you find.

FYI that TRU is not in West Hollywood, it's in the ghetto.

Just hit up my last two Stores.

Nashua NH
Godfather CE
Deep Labrinth
Metroid Pinball
Atelier Iris 2
Metal Saga
Twisted metal 4
Grandia 3

They have about 5 Atelier Iris and Godfather games.
2-3 metroid pinbal, deep labrinth, and Grandia

TRU's near Burlington MA
bought the last Monster Rancher EVO

They had tons of Odama and Wario Ware.
also had 2 copies of Gallop Racer
valkyrie profile as well.

Still looking for Resident Evil DS! Have Atelier Iris 2 for trade!

I may also be willing to trade an Advance Wars DS... not too sure though.

I just went and got CoD2 for 360 for 20 but neither Tiger Woods 06 nor Chibi Robo rung up for the clearance price.

I stopped by my TRU and got a pricematch for the games I bought last week. Sweeeet. I didn't see much on the shelves, but I did see my TRU still had Tomb Raider: Legend (Xbox) and Karaoke Party Revolution (Xbox) in stock.

bread's done
Back