Some New TRU Clearance starting Dec 26 -updated 12/24-

benboxer

CAGiversary!
The list is probably incomplete but this is all I have for now. I also don't know if these prices will be good online but they technically go into effect on Monday so it might be worth checking out.

* new stuff added 12/24

GBA :gba:
Board Game Classics Chess/ Checkers/ Backgammon
Drill Dozer
F-18 Hornet
Gunstar Super Heroes
Klax/Marble Madness
Lemony Snicket*
Lilo & Stitch
Lizzie Maguire 2
Nightmare Before Christmas Pumpkin King
Pinball Tycoon
Pokemon Fire Red w/wireless adapter
Pokemon Leaf Green w/wireless adapter*
Rebelstar*
Rocket Power Zero Gravity
Rugrats Go Wild
Shrek 2
Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom &Nicktoons Freeze Frame Frenzy 2pk
Sudoku Fever
Tony Hawk American Sk8teland
Top Spin 2
Tower
WarioWare Twisted
Winnie the Pooh Rumbly Tumbly
XMen Official Game
YuGiOh Championship 06
YuGiOh Destiny Board
YuGiOh RoD/SC Double Pack
YuGiOh GX Duel Academy
Zelda Minish Cap

DBZ GT Transformation*

Tales of Phantasia

DS :ds:
Feel the Magic*
Polarium*

Advance Wars DS
Castlevania DoS
Deep Labyrinth
Metroid Pinball
Point Blank*
Resident Evil DS
Rub Rabbits
Trace Memory
YuGiOh Nightmare Troubador*

Lost Magic
Pokemon Dash

PSP :psp:
Capcom Classics Remix
Coded Arms
The Con
FIFA 06
Gradius Collection
Mercury
Metal Gear Acid 2
Samurai Warriors State of War
Viewtiful Joe RHR
XMen Legends 2

Ape Escape Academy
Go!Sudoku
Megaman Maverick Hunter X
Megaman Powered Up
Neopets PetPet Adv
Valkyrie Lenneth*
Winning Eleven 9
World Champ Poker 2
Ys Ark of Napishtim

GameCube :gc:
ATV Quad Power Racing*
Batallion Wars
Call of Duty: Big Red One
Chibi Robo
Donkey Konga 2
Gun
Harry Potter GoF w/Movie Ticket
NFS Hot Pursuit 2
Odama
Pacman World 3
Spiderman 2
Super Monkey Ball
WWE Day of Reckoning*

Curious George

Karaoke Rev Party Bundle
Sonic Heroes/Mega Collection 2pk
Sonic Heroes/Adventures 2pk

PS2 :ps2:
Amplitude
Blowout*
Chessmaster*
EverQuest*
Jampak 11
Maximo*
Robotech Battlecry*
Trivial Pursuit*
Virtual Fighter Evo*
Virtual Quest*

Ace Combat 4
Atelier Iris 2
Ape Escape 3
Call of Duty: Big Red One Collector's Edition
Conflict Desert Storm*
Curious George
Dot Hack //GU*
Full Spectrum Warrior 10 Hammers
GRAW
Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City Bundle
Grandia III*
Karaoke Rev Party
Metal Saga*
Monster Rancher Evo
Ratchet and Clank
Resident Evil 4
Rogue Trooper*
Samurai Champloo
Scooby Night of 100 Frights*
Simpsons Road Rage*
Sly Cooper*
SOCOM 3
Steambot Chronicles
Winback 2
World Champ Poker 2
World Poker Tour*
XMen Official Game

MLB 2K6

Dance Dance Revolution Extreme
Driver Parallel Lines
Eye Toy Operation Spy Toy
FFXI CoP
Gallop Racer 06
Karaoke Rev Party Bundle
OutRun C2C*
Sonic Heroes/Mega Collection 2pk
Tales of Legendia
TOCA Race Driver 3
Tomb Raider Legend

Xbox :xbox:
Breakdown
Cold Fear*
Dead Man's Hand*
Dead to Rights 2*
Fight Club*
Max Payne
Rogue Ops*

50 Cent Bulletproof
Aeon Flux
And1 Streetball
Atari Anthology
ATV 2 Quad Power Racing
Battlefield 2
Big Mutha Truckers 2
Brothers in Arms EiB*
Capcom Classics Collection Vol 1
Finding Nemo
Full Spectrum Warrior 10 Hammers
GRAW
Godfather CE*
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Gun
Jade Empire
Karaoke Rev Party
Matrix Path of Neo
Mercenaries
MVP 06 NCAA Baseball
NBA Street v3
NHL 2K6
Pacman World 2
Pinball HoF
Rainbow Six Lockdown
Stacked
Tomb Raider Legend
Torino 06
True Crime NYC
World Champ Poker 2
World Poker Tour
Worms Forts Under Siege

Fight Night 3
Godfather
Karaoke Rev Party Bundle

Xbox 360 :360:
NHL 2K6

Call of Duty 2 GOTY
Final Fantasy XI
The Outfit
Quake 4
Tiger Woods 06
Tomb Raider Legend
XMen Official Game

[quote name='anarchyburger']i went to my local toyrsrus today cuz i was looking for good gba games for cheap..... they had Gunstar Super Heroes for $10

is this a good game? is it worth picking up??[/QUOTE]

I've played it a bit and don't own it, but yeah, it kicks alot of ass for a GBA title.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Anyone have personal experience with the 360 NHL 2K6? Is it worth even $10?[/quote]

IGN gave it a decent rating. I wanted to pick it up, just for the sake of having a hockey title, but none of the TRU's around have it in stock.

I'll trade you for it. :D

I bought Fire red and it is still sealed. It is also, unfortunately, a player's choice. But that does not make any sence. It is the same game, just with a yellow stripe on the box and the wireless adaptor missing. Shouldn't I receive the same discount?

I got Advance Wars DS and Odama with Mic this time around! Odama is going to be a gift for my gf. Whoo. What a great day. Though the PS2 rpgs still elude me. Though on the positive side, my TRU says that Castlevania DoS will be restocked soon.

dammit, y does kotaku put up things that r already late, i came to tru already and they had all the good shit taken out.
the games that i am looking for are grandia III, atelier iris 2, metal saga, and castlevania DoS, warioware twisted, and LoZ Minish Cap

[quote name='Paco']I got Advance Wars DS and Odama with Mic this time around! Odama is going to be a gift for my gf. Whoo. What a great day. Though the PS2 rpgs still elude me. Though on the positive side, my TRU says that Castlevania DoS will be restocked soon.[/QUOTE]

I never trust those to be restocked soon signs. A couple of those signs have been up for several games for about 2 -3 months. Most likely there not gonna be restocked.

[quote name='doc005']I never trust those to be restocked soon signs. A couple of those signs have been up for several games for about 2 -3 months. Most likely there not gonna be restocked.[/quote]

No. It wasn't a sign that says that a game was going to be restocked. It was one of the employees who told me the game was going to be restocked. He said they were taking them from another location or someething. But if it does work, great, if not then eh.

I have a copy of Atelier Iris 2 that I know I will never play or open.

However, I'm currently only interested in trading for the following, non TRU sale item:
God Hand

New or used, as long as God Hand is complete. If anyone is interested, please PM me and we can work out a deal. Thanks!

Don't know if these were from an old Tru clearance but the one I went to had Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for Gamecube for $5 and GBA Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls for $5 also. Got to snag a a couple of copies of each. If they suck, only $5 each. If anyone looking to get more copies of these 2, forget it. A couple practically wiped them out when I was looking at the other games. They must have bought 30 gba's FF's and 20 GC FF's plus tons of other ps2 games. Didn't leave any for the next buyer. Extreme Hoarders?!? I'm just glad I got mine before they got there. This happen to anyone before?

[quote name='All Things Sega']Don't know if these were from an old Tru clearance but the one I went to had Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for Gamecube for $5 and GBA Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls for $5 also. Got to snag a a couple of copies of each. If they suck, only $5 each. If anyone looking to get more copies of these 2, forget it. A couple practically wiped them out when I was looking at the other games. They must have bought 30 gba's FF's and 20 GC FF's plus tons of other ps2 games. Didn't leave any for the next buyer. Extreme Hoarders?!? I'm just glad I got mine before they got there. This happen to anyone before?[/quote]

Had to laugh at that. They probably figured since they had the words "Final Fantasy" written on them, they were "big ticket" items. Not.

Well I got pretty much everything I was looking for from this clearance. The only title that eludes me is Metal Saga. I saw tons of it on the first day of the clearance but didn't get it then. Now that I see how rare it is, I've been lookng everywhere for it (looks like i'm too late). If anyone has an extra copy of Metal Saga, I'd trade you either Atelier Iris 2, Samurai Champloo, or Monster Rancher Evo for it. PM me if interested.

[quote name='punchkick']dammit, y does kotaku put up things that r already late, i came to tru already and they had all the good shit taken out.
the games that i am looking for are grandia III, atelier iris 2, metal saga, and castlevania DoS, warioware twisted, and LoZ Minish Cap[/quote]

That's why you have to come here for the deals, my friend.

Welcome to the boards.

[quote name='All Things Sega']Don't know if these were from an old Tru clearance but the one I went to had Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for Gamecube for $5 and GBA Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls for $5 also. Got to snag a a couple of copies of each. If they suck, only $5 each. If anyone looking to get more copies of these 2, forget it. A couple practically wiped them out when I was looking at the other games. They must have bought 30 gba's FF's and 20 GC FF's plus tons of other ps2 games. Didn't leave any for the next buyer. Extreme Hoarders?!? I'm just glad I got mine before they got there. This happen to anyone before?[/QUOTE]

$5 with or without the coupon ;x

[quote name='Tequilla Gundam']$5 with or without the coupon ;x[/quote]

Without the coupon. If I had the coupon, games would have been free TRU CAG deal LOL

Last call

HAVE:
:gba:
Final Fantasy IV(1left)

:ds:
Point blank(1 left)
Resident Evil DS(pending out)
Trace Memory(1 left)
Deep Labyrinth
Metroid Pinball

:ps2:
Dot Hack //GU
Metal Saga(Pending out)
Steambot Chronicles

:gc:
Odama(can get)

WANT:
Pokemon GBA games
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy V
Castlevania DoS
Xbox360 games

Zelda Minish Cap(pending in)
Zelda Four Swords(pending in)
Final fantasy IandII GBA(pending in)

After driving to 3 TRUs and getting disappointed every time in finding Grandia, all I had to do was wait for their restock to come in. And it just so happens to be at the TRU closest to me. Oyyy. But I'm happy I finally got it though... So many games I could have gotten cheaper had I known this sale was gonna happen (ie Metroid Pinball, Rub Rabbits, etc...)

Have:

Metroid Pinball (Sealed)
Deep Labyrinth (Sealed)
metal gear acid 2 (sealed)

Astonishia Story (sealed)

Ultimate block party (open)
Smart bomb (open)
Frantix (open)
Infected (open)

Want: (trade or cash)

GBA games

Golden Sun: Lost Age
Budoki (sun game)
Riviera
Yggdra Union
Final Fantasy 1&2, 4,5,6

PS2 RPG's (insterested in others as well)
Metal Saga
Shin Megami: Nocturne
Radiata Stories
Phantom Brave
Magna Carta
La Pucelle
Stella Deus

Xbox
Psychonauts

red - from this clearance

I was just able to price adjust 3 games I ordered off of TRU's website.

While the games are still full price online, they ring up at clearance prices in store. The only down side was that I was given store credit because the packing slip doesn't show a method of payment.

So those of you having trouble finding Grandia III, Metal Saga, and .Hack they are available online.

According to their online return policy for returns to a B&M store:

"We will be happy to exchange items within 90 days from the date of purchase, or offer you a refund in the form of merchandise credit as long as the items are accompanied by a dated receipt."

So...proceed with caution, unless you really, really want those games and have other things to buy in the store with those credits.

[quote name='eau']According to their online return policy for returns to a B&M store:
[/quote]

Actually, after digging a little more, Eau is correct in that there is a section that states that online purchases returned to stores are for store credit.

[quote name='anarchyburger']i went to my local toyrsrus today cuz i was looking for good gba games for cheap..... they had Gunstar Super Heroes for $10

is this a good game? is it worth picking up??[/QUOTE]

Gunstar Super Heroes is great. It's a bit misleading as a sequel, because it's more like a remake, even though it has some new bosses, or new boss behaviours, but it's still a great title.

[quote name='eau']According to their online return policy for returns to a B&M store:

"We will be happy to exchange items within 90 days from the date of purchase, or offer you a refund in the form of merchandise credit as long as the items are accompanied by a dated receipt."

So...proceed with caution, unless you really, really want those games and have other things to buy in the store with those credits.[/quote]

instore the policy is 45 days for video games

Last call

HAVE:
:gba:
Final Fantasy IV(1left)

:ds:
Point blank(1 left)
Resident Evil DS(pending out)
Trace Memory(1 left)
Deep Labyrinth
Metroid Pinball

:ps2:
Dot Hack //GU
Metal Saga(Pending out)
Steambot Chronicles

:gc:
Odama(can get)

WANT:
Pokemon GBA games
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy V
Castlevania DoS
Xbox360 games

Zelda Minish Cap(pending in)
Zelda Four Swords(pending in)
Final fantasy IandII GBA(pending in)

UPDATED!!!!!! Note some of these games are not from TRU

HAVE 4 TRADING ONLY!!!!!!

Advance Wars DS
Battles Prince Persia DS
Bomberman DS
Dig Dug DS
Lunar DS
Metroid Pinball DS
Polarium DS
Rub Rabbitts DS
Shogun Empires DS
True Swing Golf DS

Drill Dozer GBA
Dynasty Warriors GBA
Hey Arnold GBA
Mario Golf GBA
Zelda Link to the Past (orig) GBA

Half-Life 2 Xbox
Nightmare B4 X-mas Xbox
Psychonauts Xbox

Battalion Wars
Fire Emblem POR
FF Crystal Chronicles
Pac-Man World 3

Atelier Iris 2
Metal Saga
Monster Rancher Evo
Samurai Champloo
Steamboat Chronicles

WANT

Animal Crossing DS
Puyo Pop DS (This has been clearenced out in some stores but could never find it)
Resident Evil DS
Bomberman GBA
Pokemon w/ wireless GBA
Fifa 06 PSP
Digital Devil Saga
Fatal Frame 3 PS2

PM me if interested. Trading only! Thanks.

I picked up Drill Dozer, Gunstar Super Heroes, Trace Memory, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, Matrix: Path of Neo, and Ape Escape 3 at 10 bucks each. They had moved all the games out of the games section and put 'em on a clearance rack by the entrance.

Picked up Victorious Boxers 2 for $4.98 (one copy left) and .Hack//GU $9.98 (6 copies left) at the Torrance, CA TRU. Also saw alot of copies of Steambot Chronicles.

I just went to the one up by Lakeline Mall and didn't find anything I wanted, but here are some of the games that were still there as of 8:00 PM tonight:

GBA
Gunstar Super Heroes

DS
Feel the Magic
Deep Labyrinth
Metroid Pinball
Trace Memory

PSP
The Con
Mercury
Metal Gear Acid 2
Samurai Warriors: State of War (1 copy left)

PS2
Blowout
Ape Escape 3
Karaoke Rev Party (1 copy left)
Winback 2
Xmen the Official Game
Gallop Racer 06 (1 copy left)
Tales of Legendia

I didn't look at any other system but Gamecube which they had nothing for.

i went back for a 2nd haul and i i picked up COD2 GOTY for $20, i also finally found Psychonauts for the xbox on the floor under the clearance bin for $5.20, and i picked up a Final Fantasy IV for $20 (had a bunch) was it always $20. i also found 2 Tales of phantasia for $20.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']FF4 was $9.98 for around 10 days (maybe less?) in mid December[/quote]

Mine never had it for $10, cuz i was there a few times then. o well ill see if i can trade it off, if not ill take it back. i have it on the ps1. and i dont really see how its worth $20.

Cool. I was able to pick up Chibi-Robo. I almost got Odama, but I couldn't pull the trigger on that one. I thought about Gunstar Heroes too, but I think I'm going to pick up that one off of the VC.

I'm going to have to check out if I can still find Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow. I haven't seen it at a TRU in months, yet Best Buy has tons of these at $35 still!

[quote name='munch']Cool. I was able to pick up Chibi-Robo. I almost got Odama, but I couldn't pull the trigger on that one. I thought about Gunstar Heroes too, but I think I'm going to pick up that one off of the VC.[/QUOTE]

Gunstar Heroes is on the VC. Gunstar Super Heroes is on the GBA. Two different games.

There was nothing really worth it left at my TRU! There was a giant bin full of games that no one wants since there were tons of doubles like GCN Harry Potter and some other movie type games. No Batallion Wars, Odama, or Chibi Robo! :(

I saw the original Donkey Konga with bongos does anyone know if that one is on clearance too?
The only thing I saw of interest was a bunch of the sequal with bongos though, not really interested from what I've read here about the bongo games. Also, saw Drill Dozer and Gunstar Super Heroes, but I already have them.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']

I saw the original Donkey Konga with bongos does anyone know if that one is on clearance too?
The only thing I saw of interest was a bunch of the sequal with bongos though, not really interested from what I've read here about the bongo games. [/QUOTE]

I "think" theyre both 19.99...Its been awhile since Ive checked them.

i just bought Donkey Konga 2 and Batallian Wars for 9.99 each

Donkey Konga 2 was really fun! My girlfriend and i played that for like 4 hours last night (and she hates video games). So, if you have a girlfriend who absolutely hates video games, she might give the congos a chance.

I already had a set of the bongo's, they came bundled w/ Jungle Beat for 9.99 over at EB/GS last week.

########################

Check this out, I did a price scan yesterday on the Intec 2D Gaming Sound System for Gamecube, and they rang up at a penny! thats right $0.01

I quickly ran over and checked the price of the Intec Gaming Screen but that was still at regular price (69.99)

Anyways I grabbed two more of those sound systems for my family and friends, leaving two behind on the shelf. This was in Tampa.

BTW, i already have a decent sound system (Logitech 5.1) but this Intec system had some unique stuff, it had an AV selector and two headphone jacks.

I also saw a wireless arcade stick for the xbox, priced at 14.99, the ps2 one was still at 29.99.

bread's done
Back