Some New TRU Clearance starting Dec 26 -updated 12/24-

benboxer

CAGiversary!
The list is probably incomplete but this is all I have for now. I also don't know if these prices will be good online but they technically go into effect on Monday so it might be worth checking out.

* new stuff added 12/24

GBA :gba:
Board Game Classics Chess/ Checkers/ Backgammon
Drill Dozer
F-18 Hornet
Gunstar Super Heroes
Klax/Marble Madness
Lemony Snicket*
Lilo & Stitch
Lizzie Maguire 2
Nightmare Before Christmas Pumpkin King
Pinball Tycoon
Pokemon Fire Red w/wireless adapter
Pokemon Leaf Green w/wireless adapter*
Rebelstar*
Rocket Power Zero Gravity
Rugrats Go Wild
Shrek 2
Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom &Nicktoons Freeze Frame Frenzy 2pk
Sudoku Fever
Tony Hawk American Sk8teland
Top Spin 2
Tower
WarioWare Twisted
Winnie the Pooh Rumbly Tumbly
XMen Official Game
YuGiOh Championship 06
YuGiOh Destiny Board
YuGiOh RoD/SC Double Pack
YuGiOh GX Duel Academy
Zelda Minish Cap

DBZ GT Transformation*

Tales of Phantasia

DS :ds:
Feel the Magic*
Polarium*

Advance Wars DS
Castlevania DoS
Deep Labyrinth
Metroid Pinball
Point Blank*
Resident Evil DS
Rub Rabbits
Trace Memory
YuGiOh Nightmare Troubador*

Lost Magic
Pokemon Dash

PSP :psp:
Capcom Classics Remix
Coded Arms
The Con
FIFA 06
Gradius Collection
Mercury
Metal Gear Acid 2
Samurai Warriors State of War
Viewtiful Joe RHR
XMen Legends 2

Ape Escape Academy
Go!Sudoku
Megaman Maverick Hunter X
Megaman Powered Up
Neopets PetPet Adv
Valkyrie Lenneth*
Winning Eleven 9
World Champ Poker 2
Ys Ark of Napishtim

GameCube :gc:
ATV Quad Power Racing*
Batallion Wars
Call of Duty: Big Red One
Chibi Robo
Donkey Konga 2
Gun
Harry Potter GoF w/Movie Ticket
NFS Hot Pursuit 2
Odama
Pacman World 3
Spiderman 2
Super Monkey Ball
WWE Day of Reckoning*

Curious George

Karaoke Rev Party Bundle
Sonic Heroes/Mega Collection 2pk
Sonic Heroes/Adventures 2pk

PS2 :ps2:
Amplitude
Blowout*
Chessmaster*
EverQuest*
Jampak 11
Maximo*
Robotech Battlecry*
Trivial Pursuit*
Virtual Fighter Evo*
Virtual Quest*

Ace Combat 4
Atelier Iris 2
Ape Escape 3
Call of Duty: Big Red One Collector's Edition
Conflict Desert Storm*
Curious George
Dot Hack //GU*
Full Spectrum Warrior 10 Hammers
GRAW
Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City Bundle
Grandia III*
Karaoke Rev Party
Metal Saga*
Monster Rancher Evo
Ratchet and Clank
Resident Evil 4
Rogue Trooper*
Samurai Champloo
Scooby Night of 100 Frights*
Simpsons Road Rage*
Sly Cooper*
SOCOM 3
Steambot Chronicles
Winback 2
World Champ Poker 2
World Poker Tour*
XMen Official Game

MLB 2K6

Dance Dance Revolution Extreme
Driver Parallel Lines
Eye Toy Operation Spy Toy
FFXI CoP
Gallop Racer 06
Karaoke Rev Party Bundle
OutRun C2C*
Sonic Heroes/Mega Collection 2pk
Tales of Legendia
TOCA Race Driver 3
Tomb Raider Legend

Xbox :xbox:
Breakdown
Cold Fear*
Dead Man's Hand*
Dead to Rights 2*
Fight Club*
Max Payne
Rogue Ops*

50 Cent Bulletproof
Aeon Flux
And1 Streetball
Atari Anthology
ATV 2 Quad Power Racing
Battlefield 2
Big Mutha Truckers 2
Brothers in Arms EiB*
Capcom Classics Collection Vol 1
Finding Nemo
Full Spectrum Warrior 10 Hammers
GRAW
Godfather CE*
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Gun
Jade Empire
Karaoke Rev Party
Matrix Path of Neo
Mercenaries
MVP 06 NCAA Baseball
NBA Street v3
NHL 2K6
Pacman World 2
Pinball HoF
Rainbow Six Lockdown
Stacked
Tomb Raider Legend
Torino 06
True Crime NYC
World Champ Poker 2
World Poker Tour
Worms Forts Under Siege

Fight Night 3
Godfather
Karaoke Rev Party Bundle

Xbox 360 :360:
NHL 2K6

Call of Duty 2 GOTY
Final Fantasy XI
The Outfit
Quake 4
Tiger Woods 06
Tomb Raider Legend
XMen Official Game

Anyone happen to know if any of the TRUs in the NYC area have that XBOX Dvd remote that was on clearance for like $0.98 back awhile ago...

if it was clearance and they sold them all, chances are that was it. My TRU has the little remaining Xbox stuff (aside from games) marked down.

[quote name='mehunglo']Picked up NDS: Shogun Empires Real time conflict $5.20[/quote]

In case anyone else is wondering, it's not worth even that price.

The "game" is completely broken. There is no gaming value or enjoyment to be found there. Sad, really, because it had potential.

Has anyone actually confirmed Wii Rampage for $20? I've seen it a few times now, and the divider tag still says 29.99. I keep meaning to check here if it actually is $20, and I keep forgetting. Today, I did look and I can't find confirmation.

[quote name='blandstalker']Has anyone actually confirmed Wii Rampage for $20? I've seen it a few times now, and the divider tag still says 29.99. I keep meaning to check here if it actually is $20, and I keep forgetting. Today, I did look and I can't find confirmation.[/quote]

imo, it's not even worth $20.

such a horrible game.

does anyone know if shadow of colossus is less than 20?
they have one without that hideous greatest hits cover that i've been eyeing...

[quote name='sabo']does anyone know if shadow of colossus is less than 20?
they have one without that hideous greatest hits cover that i've been eyeing...[/QUOTE]

^^^Don't be too cheap if you want a non-GH version. Those are already getting hard to come by and you might end up having to pay more for one down the road. The game is already well worth the $20!

Anyone have an Enchanted Arms 360 they got for $20 to trade? I haven't been able to get it at any TRUs for that price since it's a huge YMMV game.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Anyone find ROGUE TROOPER for PS2 Still marked at $9.98? I gave mine away as a gift and was wondering if the price jumped back to $29.99[/quote]

Saw it this week in with the clearance games, so it's still 9.98.

I also finally found the XBOX 360 Call of Duty 2: GOY edition for $19.98.

They had 5 of them, if anyone needs one or wants to trade for one - I'll go back.

Also picked up:

Meteos (DS) $7.50
Battles of Prince of Persia (DS) $7.00

And..

Metal Gear Acid 2 (PSP) x3

If anyone needs one of the MGA2 games, let me know.

just wondering if anyone knows if shadow of colossus is going for less than 20 at TRU? it was staring me in the face without that hideous red greatest hits stripe... thanks in advance

[quote name='sabo']just wondering if anyone knows if shadow of colossus is going for less than 20 at TRU? it was staring me in the face without that hideous red greatest hits stripe... thanks in advance[/quote]

$19.95 is technically less than $20.

Picked up Polarium DS for $4.98.

I notice these are on some kind of clearance (but the price does not end in .98 though?):

Arc the Lad: End of Darkness (PS2) $7.50
PacMan World 3 (PS2) $7.50
Me and My Katamari (PSP) (can't remember the price but it ends in whole dollar)
Spiderman 2 (PSP) $7.00

A weird thing happened to me today.

I went to my TRU, which I went to on the day of the sale, and have several times since then, and they had a copy of Atelier Iris 2. I KNOW they haven't had that game since before the clearance, but there it was, just sittin' there.

Did any of the stores get restocked?

[quote name='eau']Picked up Polarium DS for $4.98.

I notice these are on some kind of clearance (but the price does not end in .98 though?):

Arc the Lad: End of Darkness (PS2) $7.50
PacMan World 3 (PS2) $7.50
Me and My Katamari (PSP) (can't remember the price but it ends in whole dollar)
Spiderman 2 (PSP) $7.00[/QUOTE]

That is because former Big Toy Blowout items had their prices slashed in half and ended in a 0. For example, Spiderman 2 PSP was $13.98.

[quote name='reibeatall']A weird thing happened to me today.

I went to my TRU, which I went to on the day of the sale, and have several times since then, and they had a copy of Atelier Iris 2. I KNOW they haven't had that game since before the clearance, but there it was, just sittin' there.

Did any of the stores get restocked?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a return to me.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']Sounds like a return to me.[/quote]

It's been way past 45 days.

Anyway, it worked out, cause I bought it, and got one of those $3 coupons. So I'll pretty much get the game for $7.

[quote name='reibeatall']It's been way past 45 days.

Anyway, it worked out, cause I bought it, and got one of those $3 coupons. So I'll pretty much get the game for $7.[/quote]
What $3 coupon? Was it a random thing that gets printed at the end of a receipt? I purchased Polarium yesterday and didn't get one.

[quote name='eau']What $3 coupon? Was it a random thing that gets printed at the end of a receipt? I purchased Polarium yesterday and didn't get one.[/quote]

Yeah, the clerk and I were chatting for a while, I bought the game, and when he handed me the reciept, he said "Here's a survey man. It'll give you 3 bucks off your next purchase after you call in. It'll basiclly be 3 dollars back to you since you paid cash."

I don't know if it's random or not, but this is the first time I've gotten one. I wonder how long they've been doing it.

[quote name='reibeatall']Yeah, the clerk and I were chatting for a while, I bought the game, and when he handed me the reciept, he said "Here's a survey man. It'll give you 3 bucks off your next purchase after you call in. It'll basiclly be 3 dollars back to you since you paid cash."

I don't know if it's random or not, but this is the first time I've gotten one. I wonder how long they've been doing it.[/QUOTE]

It is random, I've gotten afew over the last few years. Incase you haven't noticed they only give you afew days to call and do the survey (or you can now do them online) so don't wait to long or your won't be able to get your $3 code :)

It should say "PLEASE RESPOND BY xx/xx/xx TO PARTICIPATE" around the middle of the coupon.

don't they have like daily specials from time to time. i go to the one in times square and they'd have like some games on sale. like that one time i went in and they had legends of legendia for less then 6 dollars.

Dammit... somebody needs to change that title. Every time it's popped up top and I'm on the main forum page, I see "Some New TRU Clearance..." and think there's a new sale. But it's this same old one!:p

i just found atelier iris 2 also. there were 3 at the TRU in Yonkers
also, saw about 15 samurai champloo at the TRU in danbury. still there as my blockbuster has about 10 copies already.

[quote name='FallinAce']Any hot:hot: deals for the ZUNE???[/quote]

The Zune is fairly new, so I would not expect anything Zune to be clearanced anytime soon. (This is a clearance thread, ya know)

[quote name='FOnewearl']It is random, I've gotten afew over the last few years. Incase you haven't noticed they only give you afew days to call and do the survey (or you can now do them online) so don't wait to long or your won't be able to get your $3 code :)

It should say "PLEASE RESPOND BY xx/xx/xx TO PARTICIPATE" around the middle of the coupon.[/quote]
Ohh god thanks for this post.

It says "PLEASE RESPOND BY 02/27/07 TO PARTICIPATE."

I had almost forgotten.

Edit: While taking the survey, this popped up.

How much do you estimate that your household has spent (on games and toys)? Please round up to the nearest dollar amount.

Please don't make me see this number. I know it's a large amount...

[quote name='reibeatall']Ohh god thanks for this post.

It says "PLEASE RESPOND BY 02/27/07 TO PARTICIPATE."

I had almost forgotten.

Edit: While taking the survey, this popped up.

How much do you estimate that your household has spent (on games and toys)? Please round up to the nearest dollar amount.

Please don't make me see this number. I know it's a large amount...[/QUOTE]

NP I actually learned the hard way, I actually have made this mistake twice and have one I forgot to do by 12-28-06 right by me :)

Off topic but your name is from Breath of Fire III I take it? Me and my one friend used to make fun of that line that he over used. I can't help but think that somebody counted how many times he says "don't/doesn't that (just) beat all" total in Breath of Fire III

[quote name='FOnewearl']Off topic but your name is from Breath of Fire III I take it? Me and my one friend used to make fun of that line that he over used. I can't help but think that somebody counted how many times he says "don't/doesn't that (just) beat all" total in Breath of Fire III[/quote]

Yep, it sure is. I've been using the name since the game came out in 1998 (has it been that long? Man, I'm old.) But in all that time, most people don't know where it's from. They always think of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I'm glad that SOMEBODY recognizes it.

But most people don't. Don't that beat all? (I had to. I've been trying to work it into conversation for a while now.)

[quote name='reibeatall']Yep, it sure is. I've been using the name since the game came out in 1998 (has it been that long? Man, I'm old.) But in all that time, most people don't know where it's from. They always think of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I'm glad that SOMEBODY recognizes it.

But most people don't. Don't that beat all? (I had to. I've been trying to work it into conversation for a while now.)[/QUOTE]

Rei would be pround :)

glancing at your name it kind of looks like retail but then I realized what it was and that it was an instant classic making that into a screen name :D

Trace Memory, Polarium, and Metroid Prime Pinball were all in a bin marked $9.99, and rang up 50% off (each $4.99). The Antigrav/Eyetoy bundle rang up at $5 as well.

Dropped by TRU in Falls Church, VA and picked up Polarium ($5) Metroid Pinball ($10) and the first Pheonix Wright ($20). Sounds like the Metroid Pinball price was too high if some stores have it for $5. Is it worth keeping at 10?

What about Pheonix Wright at $20? I thought I read that it was hard to find and it sounds like might be a fun game.

I have no DS games, and my DS lite (recently purchased) is in route so I am trying to get some good starter games for cheap. If anyone would be willing to grab a new copy of Meteos (non-Disney) for the clearance price (was it like $7.50?) to help me out with some decent starter games, I would pay shipping plus some extra. The only Meteos at my TRU was the Disney variety.

Thanks for your help.

TRU in Shopper's World in Framingham, MA has a handful of copies of Metroid Pinball DS for $10. I think I might pick it up.

[quote name='JJSP']Trace Memory, Polarium, and Metroid Prime Pinball were all in a bin marked $9.99, and rang up 50% off (each $4.99). The Antigrav/Eyetoy bundle rang up at $5 as well.[/QUOTE]

Has this happened to anyone else? I was hesitant to get Metroid Prime Pinball and Trace Memory but for $5 each I'd make the trip...

bread's done
Back