Some PayPal dispute help please

iLurk

CAG Veteran
(been lurking CAG for a few years, and I know you guys know a thing or two about PayPal disputes)

So I bought some Oral B brush heads off of eBay, like an idiot, and they turned out to be counterfeits. I paid using my PayPal credit card. Just in the past hour I filed a dispute against the seller and asked for a full refund.

The seller contacted me back like a few minutes ago. The seller said just return the product and I would get a full refund.

Is it all good then?

Also, I've never shipped anything in my life. How do I go about returning the brush heads to the seller and making sure that the seller can't do anything funny? UPS?

Do not close the Paypal dispute until you have your money back. Also, be sure that the time limit for escalating the dispute to a claim does not pass before you get your money back.

To ship the items back, I recommend USPS (First Class Mail Parcel or Priority Mail) as it will be the cheapest cheapest. Also, BE SURE to purchase Delivery Confirmation for the item.

Once the seller refunds your money, you can go ahead and close the dispute. If they do not refund your money, escalate the dispute to a claim and provide Paypal the Delivery Confirmation number for the package you returned. Paypal will review the case and see the item was returned and refund you.

Okay, cool, so I'll go to the post office ASAP and get it shipped with DC. Just to make sure, I'm safe to assume that there are envelopes and stuff at the post office? Like I said, I've never had to ship anything before so I'm painfully clueless.

Also, what about the seller selling counterfeits? Nothing happens to the person?

Sorry to thread hi-jack, but i'm having some paypal issues myself and didnt think it warranted a thread.

I got a dispute on a Wii Sports I sold:

[quote name='douchebag buyer']i got this game because my sister lost hers. when i got the game in the mail i assumed that it was a good copy of the game. i have since found out about 10 seconds ago that this is a fake or broken copy of the wii sports game. it does not work and does not look like it ever did it. this is not the right product. i was fooled because the outside packageing looked exactly like the one i got when i purchased my wii system. i want my money back from this crook and i will contact ebay to give bad feedback. thank you[/quote]

So, thinking that talking to this guy would get me nowhere, I escalated it to a claim and pled my case. I think i have a solid case as I mentioned how he has had the item for 3 weeks with no issues. Also that it would be near impossible for an average Joe to create a duplicate case, manual, and disc of the same quality Nintendo uses (not in those words exactly). I also mentioned the person's age and "residential circumstances" (he's a 15 year old asian kid living in Yuppie-ville FL) and showed my feedback which has other copies of Wii sports with positive feedbacks from before and after his transaction.

Going through my feedback, i found the real kicker. HE GAVE ME POSITIVE FEEDBACK FOR THE ITEM!. If my paragraph above didnt do it, hopefully the fact he left me positive feedback will.

[quote name='Bezerker']Sorry to thread hi-jack, but i'm having some paypal issues myself and didnt think it warranted a thread.

So, thinking that talking to this guy would get me nowhere, I escalated it to a claim and pled my case. I think i have a solid case as I mentioned how he has had the item for 3 weeks with no issues. Also that it would be near impossible for an average Joe to create a duplicate case, manual, and disc of the same quality Nintendo uses (not in those words exactly). I also mentioned the person's age and "residential circumstances" (he's a 15 year old asian kid living in Yuppie-ville FL) and showed my feedback which has other copies of Wii sports with positive feedbacks from before and after his transaction.

Going through my feedback, i found the real kicker. HE GAVE ME POSITIVE FEEDBACK FOR THE ITEM!. If my paragraph above didnt do it, hopefully the fact he left me positive feedback will.[/quote]

hahaha that is hilarious :applause:

Ship it, such that you can track it, then ask for a refund, if not call your credit card company and file dispute, provide your credit card company with return shipping confirmation.
iy.gif

iy.gif

Once the deal is done and you've received your refund (or escalated to a claim through PayPal), report the guy to ebay for selling illegitimate goods. There is no excuse for that and it needs to stop so that s/he stops taking advantage of others.

[quote name='Bezerker']Sorry to thread hi-jack, but i'm having some paypal issues myself and didnt think it warranted a thread.

Going through my feedback, i found the real kicker. HE GAVE ME POSITIVE FEEDBACK FOR THE ITEM!. If my paragraph above didnt do it, hopefully the fact he left me positive feedback will.[/quote]

Don't get too excited. I've seen people lose on transactions even after receiving positive feedback.

[quote name='FeNoM91']Don't get too excited. I've seen people lose on transactions even after receiving positive feedback.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely true, and when a buyer files a claim as significantly not as described with paypal it is very tough for the seller to win even when the buyer leaves positive feedback.

[quote name='biuevenom']Absolutely true, and when a buyer files a claim as significantly not as described with paypal it is very tough for the seller to win even when the buyer leaves positive feedback.[/quote]

I did! :roll:

Got a "Thanks for the great deal on the games" feedback about 5 years ago and then got a chargeback saying he never received. I had tossed the receipt after the feedback came and couldn't "prove" he got them.:bomb:

Going through my feedback, i found the real kicker. HE GAVE ME POSITIVE FEEDBACK FOR THE ITEM!. If my paragraph above didnt do it, hopefully the fact he left me positive feedback will.[/QUOTE]

What does him being asian have to do with anything?

[quote name='thelonepig']Once the deal is done and you've received your refund (or escalated to a claim through PayPal), report the guy to ebay for selling illegitimate goods. There is no excuse for that and it needs to stop so that s/he stops taking advantage of others.[/quote]

That's what I plan on doing. I also contacted Procter and Gamble a couple days ago, but I don't know if I'll get a response.

The craziest part is that there are so many counterfeit brush heads listed. Really, I never would have purchased the ones I had if there weren't so many on the eBay market being sold so openly, which made me believe they were just originally purchased wholesale for dirt cheap.

Lesson learned: can't even buy brush heads from eBay without worrying about fakes.

Thanks for the help, guys. I got a refund today. I also got contacted back from Procter and Gamble, and I'm getting some brush head coupons from them. I also just reported the seller to eBay.

Everything is copasetic for me.

[quote name='Mugen']What does him being asian have to do with anything?[/QUOTE]

That's what I was wondering. haha. Oh well....

Congrats on the outcome, OP.

bread's done
Back