Somehow got Mexican MS points... how do i get rid of them?

m3hl

CAGiversary!
so long story short, my friend gave me a ms points card for house sitting.

It looks like it is 4500, and has english/spanish on it. it doesnt work with US xbox live accounts.

How can I get rid of these? im sure some one needs em cheap, i have NO use for it.

thanks.

well i havent tried it on points.microsoft.com

I actually dont want the points, i was hoping i could sell them for $20-$40 or something. all i know is that it doesnt work when you type it in on live dashboard.

if somebody wants to try it i can send the code if you have something to trade. i have paypal and lookin for some games....

ugh this is a pain in the ass!

so... i am just asking, will they work for anyone? if so i would like to sell the code. sorry i am just asking advice.

also, if they will work for anyone, ill post a price and a list of games i want.

thanks for the help so far!

Try it on points.microsoft.com. Type in the code and it will tell you how many points you are about to add, but DON'T confirm it. I'm pretty sure it won't use the points if you don't confirm it, but I'm not 100% sure. If someone else can confirm this, than you should definitely try it.

ahhhh ok. so it SEEMS it would work. I am going to wait for a few more replies but this is helpful, i guess i am not as resourceful as some people here.

Would anybody want to trade me? i want Gears 2 or Fable 2 for my 4500 points? (~$56)

[quote name='m3hl']ahhhh ok. so it SEEMS it would work. I am going to wait for a few more replies but this is helpful, i guess i am not as resourceful as some people here.

Would anybody want to trade me? i want Gears 2 or Fable 2 for my 4500 points? (~$56)[/quote]

No one is going to give you full price for Mexican MS points (or any points) when we could just buy the ones we know for sure will work online for the same price.

[quote name='Malik112099']No one is going to give you full price for Mexican MS points (or any points) when we could just buy the ones we know for sure will work online for the same price.[/quote]

I am not asking for money... i should have wrote that better. I am mainly aking for the games, which i see on craigslist and GAC for $30-$40 so I think that is fair, ASSUMING the points work.

$25. my last offer. Only reason I want them is for the mexican Boku Soduko for gamerscore.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='naes']How do we know that the reason it's not working is because it has already been used?[/quote]

well i can show you a picture of it before i pulled the back off... someone was going to buy it from me, so i sent the code.

he told me it didnt work and was understanding. after we both researched we found out that the card was probably for xbox in mexico (english/spanish instructions and the fact it was 4500 m$ and not 4000).

so the answer is... i would let the person test the code first before sending me anything and hopefully they are honest like me.

[quote name='m3hl']well i can show you a picture of it before i pulled the back off... someone was going to buy it from me, so i sent the code.

he told me it didnt work and was understanding. after we both researched we found out that the card was probably for xbox in mexico (english/spanish instructions and the fact it was 4500 m$ and not 4000).[/quote]Good luck selling that. Really.

[quote name='m3hl']well i can show you a picture of it before i pulled the back off... someone was going to buy it from me, so i sent the code.

he told me it didnt work and was understanding. after we both researched we found out that the card was probably for xbox in mexico (english/spanish instructions and the fact it was 4500 m$ and not 4000).

so the answer is... i would let the person test the code first before sending me anything and hopefully they are honest like me.[/quote]

^^^Kind of a bad move if you're doing that. Who's to say that person isnt asking the same thing you are, then making a mexican account to use them? I mean if you hinted at it being mexican to him/her like you did here, then it's reasonable to assume they already figured out to make a mexican account and use the points after enough digging around. Which leaves you high and dry on all ends of the matter, cause you could've done the same thing, and now you may not even be able to trade the points to anyone without possibly being labeled a scammer in the end of a trade or sale of the points, cause they would be used. It's not even a tradeable item in a sense either if you're gonna let them try the code freely. They could do the same thing I just mentioned and not give you anything in exchange. Not everyone is honest when they know they got a golden chance at getting a freebie.

Like everyone suggested just make a mexican account, and use the points if they arent already used by this time. Then download w/e you want and access that content through your primary XBL account.

bread's done
Back