Someone else can make a new GameRush thread.

waffles 'n' syrup

CAGiversary!
Wshakspear or CoreyCubed or drfrielgood or someone else that has been a major contributor to the GameRush threads can make the next GameRush thread if the 500 post thing is still going on with the change of boards. You guys can still make a new thread if you want to, and lock this one up.

I'm not sure if I'll be on CAG much anymore. It's just not fun like it was a year ago. I might be here every once in awhile, but I think I'd rather do other things now. CAG isn't what I need to be doing. I should be working hard and focusing on what I need to do in my life.

I'll be sure to check this thread for GameRush deals when new ones start. Thanks for everybodys help in making these GameRush threads so popular. It made me feel like I was doing something to contribute to CAG. :)

[quote name='Worldcup08']Waffles what is this, your 4th GR thread? :lol:[/quote]It has to be somewhere around 60. :wink:

Thanks for your help, Trakan.

I could've sworn GBA wasn't included last time the extra $5 deal was mentioned.

Anyone know how much 1080 Avalanche for GameCube is getting in trade (not counting the bonus bucks)?

Hell yes, ladies! Another new GR thread to accompany the new deals. I know this was discussed before, but hey, this is a new thread.....anybody heard is you can get the extra $5 AND a preorder (or new) for $30? I'm thinking it'll be ymmv.

[quote name='ViolentLee']I could've sworn GBA wasn't included last time the extra $5 deal was mentioned.

Anyone know how much 1080 Avalanche for GameCube is getting in trade (not counting the bonus bucks)?[/quote]

Nope I did the GBA deal all the time

[quote name='jetblac']What this thread really needs is more cowbell[/quote]

I got the fever and only more cowbell can cure me! :lol:

".....anybody heard is you can get the extra $5 AND a preorder (or new) for $30? I'm thinking it'll be ymmv. "

That's a no go at my gamerush. You either take the 30 deal or the extra five. Still, I am sure there may be some store out there that will let you do both.

I have a load of crap games right now, and I'm going to do that pre-order thing and pick up Chaos Theory, Destroy All Humans, and the next Zelda.

If you can only do one of the new deals and not both, it looks like the Extra $5 will be the better deal for me, since $29.99 for PSP games is only $10 off and I'd have to pay off the full amount to get the deal. I've got at least 6 games to trade and I only want a couple PSP titles.

We should post a list of upcoming pre-orders so people have an idea what they want. I know I have about 4 games to trade in. Probably get Midnight Lcub 3 and something else.

[quote name='sirinam']Does anyone know what's the time limit of non-use on membership before a person has to sign up again?[/quote]

never

Could someone help me with this.
I wan't to get In on the $5.00 extra deal, but the nearest Gamerush is an hour away. So, if someone could tell me some of the trade-in prices for some of these games, so I know if its worth the drive or not. Thanks
Xbox:
Unreal Championship
Oddworld: munches oddysee
Elders Scrolls 3: Morrowind
Spider-man
Mace Griffin
4x4 Evo 2
Vexx
Quantum Redshift
Unreal 2

PS2:
Mojo

[quote name='Lord Alfred']If you can only do one of the new deals and not both, it looks like the Extra $5 will be the better deal for me, since $29.99 for PSP games is only $10 off and I'd have to pay off the full amount to get the deal. I've got at least 6 games to trade and I only want a couple PSP titles.[/quote]

I called two Detroit area GR's today and casually asked about the deals, then asked if you can take advantage of both ( extra $5 and new for $30) on the same transaction and both said yes. Not "I'm not sure" or "I think so"...straight up "Yeah, sure thing" We'll see tomorrow when I go to try it.

[quote name='slavefive'][quote name='Lord Alfred']If you can only do one of the new deals and not both, it looks like the Extra $5 will be the better deal for me, since $29.99 for PSP games is only $10 off and I'd have to pay off the full amount to get the deal. I've got at least 6 games to trade and I only want a couple PSP titles.[/quote]

I called two Detroit area GR's today and casually asked about the deals, then asked if you can take advantage of both ( extra $5 and new for $30) on the same transaction and both said yes. Not "I'm not sure" or "I think so"...straight up "Yeah, sure thing" We'll see tomorrow when I go to try it.[/quote]Then you're very lucky to have a GameRush that will combine deals. I'll check mine tomorrow and see if they might combine it, too. It's a YMMV, and it depends on both the store manager and the employee doing the trade-ins.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']Could someone help me with this.
I wan't to get In on the $5.00 extra deal, but the nearest Gamerush is an hour away. So, if someone could tell me some of the trade-in prices for some of these games, so I know if its worth the drive or not. Thanks
Xbox:
Unreal Championship
Oddworld: munches oddysee
Elders Scrolls 3: Morrowind
Spider-man
Mace Griffin
4x4 Evo 2
Vexx
Quantum Redshift
Unreal 2

PS2:
Mojo[/quote]If you know the phone number to that GameRush, you can call them up and ask them. Most employees are cool with giving trade in prices over the phone. Go to www.gamerush.com to find the number if you don't already have it.

i called my gamerush about combining the deals. they said they arent really supposed to, but they can probably do it if i ask. i really hope so. i figured out a great way to get a free game from gamerush, but dont do too much, or a banning might occur.

buy 3 games that will fetch 35 in credit at one gamerush. that will cost you 90+tax, since there is a buy 2 get one free deal. then, go to next gamerush trade the games at 35+5 a piece, and you will get 120 back in total credit. next, you can either keep the extra 30 you made or you can preorder a game, and pay for it in full. in the end, you will basically get a free game.

FYI they finally have the deal on their website. So if your Gamerush is being dumb about the deals, then just print off from the website and show them. I had to do this last time at the GR by me, because they refused to believe it was an extra $5 per game...

[quote name='spin03']i called my gamerush about combining the deals. they said they arent really supposed to, but they can probably do it if i ask. i really hope so. i figured out a great way to get a free game from gamerush, but dont do too much, or a banning might occur.

buy 3 games that will fetch 35 in credit at one gamerush. that will cost you 90+tax, since there is a buy 2 get one free deal. then, go to next gamerush trade the games at 35+5 a piece, and you will get 120 back in total credit. next, you can either keep the extra 30 you made or you can preorder a game, and pay for it in full. in the end, you will basically get a free game.[/quote]

Be wary, they will suspend your account if they get suspicious.

Called the Hillcrest location and acted slightly informed in the deals. When I asked about combining them the clerk yelled "OF COURSE" into the phone, like I was stupid for asking such a question. Im happy :)

[quote name='Worldcup08']Called the Hillcrest location and acted slightly informed in the deals. When I asked about combining them the clerk yelled "OF COURSE" into the phone, like I was stupid for asking such a question. Im happy :)[/quote]

:rofl: Good for you, man.

[quote name='spin03']i called my gamerush about combining the deals. they said they arent really supposed to, but they can probably do it if i ask. i really hope so. i figured out a great way to get a free game from gamerush, but dont do too much, or a banning might occur.

buy 3 games that will fetch 35 in credit at one gamerush. that will cost you 90+tax, since there is a buy 2 get one free deal. then, go to next gamerush trade the games at 35+5 a piece, and you will get 120 back in total credit. next, you can either keep the extra 30 you made or you can preorder a game, and pay for it in full. in the end, you will basically get a free game.[/quote]That's still flipping games. You just get less profit off of that.

Plan to Trade-in 9 games and get extra $5 credit (make extra $10 - $15) plus do few pre-order deal Trade-in 2 games & get Pre-order game for $30. ;)

Jade-Empire (LE)
Doom 3 (LE)
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga (possible)

.........few mores ;)

[quote name='slavefive'][quote name='Lord Alfred']If you can only do one of the new deals and not both, it looks like the Extra $5 will be the better deal for me, since $29.99 for PSP games is only $10 off and I'd have to pay off the full amount to get the deal. I've got at least 6 games to trade and I only want a couple PSP titles.[/quote]

I called two Detroit area GR's today and casually asked about the deals, then asked if you can take advantage of both ( extra $5 and new for $30) on the same transaction and both said yes. Not "I'm not sure" or "I think so"...straight up "Yeah, sure thing" We'll see tomorrow when I go to try it.[/quote]

I remember they combined both deals for me. It didn't work for Donkey Konga (since the bongos were considered hardware) but it certainly made Mortal Kombat Deception $30. Before the transaction, I had to tell them about this and they scanned one of the barcoded coupons taped on the side of their monitors.

Has anyone pre ordered DOOM3(LE) with the trade-in deal recently? In the previous thread I think I remeber someone saying that they had. If I can get it for $30 that'd be cool! :p

[quote name='"deadite76"']Has anyone pre ordered DOOM3(LE) with the trade-in deal recently? In the previous thread I think I remeber someone saying that they had. If I can get it for $30 that'd be cool! :p[/q Many GAGers (including myself) have the LE ordered. Should be no problem for you.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']What's the chance of Gamerush actually getting pre-ordered PSP games in on or before the 26th?[/quote]

Pretty darn likely. Check out the GameRush.com web site and they say that they are due to receive a bunch of them in the day or so. Considering that are actively preordering the PSP and in my experiences, always get games on the same day as EB or Gamestop, I would expect it to be no different for PSP games.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']What's the chance of Gamerush actually getting pre-ordered PSP games in on or before the 26th?[/quote]
I know they had DS and about 5 games... Day One

Well, I'll stop by today and try and take advantage of this. Some GR's say they will only do ONE deal a day. So you could only do the trade 2 get $30 once. I have 4 games to trade, so we'll see.

I have DOOM LE on pre-order also.

Not sure what else I'm going to pre-order though. Probably Midnight Club 3 and something else (XBOX)....any suggestions????????? Not Jade Empire or Splinter Cell

Does Gamerush log your trade-in transactions per day into their computer?

If not, couldn't you go to different locations to do multiple trade-ins, thus beating the "one deal per day" rule?

I have 4 GR's within 20 miles of me.

[quote name='screwkick']Does Gamerush log your trade-in transactions per day into their computer?

If not, couldn't you go to different locations to do multiple trade-ins, thus beating the "one deal per day" rule?

I have 4 GR's within 20 miles of me.[/quote]

You can always go to different GR's and take full advantage of the deals at each location. The computers aren't linked between stores.

[quote name='doubledown']Well, I'll stop by today and try and take advantage of this. Some GR's say they will only do ONE deal a day. So you could only do the trade 2 get $30 once. I have 4 games to trade, so we'll see.

I have DOOM LE on pre-order also.

Not sure what else I'm going to pre-order though. Probably Midnight Club 3 and something else (XBOX)....any suggestions????????? Not Jade Empire or Splinter Cell[/quote]

StarWars Lego

I just got back from Gamerush after trading in some games that were just collecting dust on the shelves.

Note: Prices are with the additional $5.

Gamecube
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance - $13
Lost Kingdoms - $10
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance - $12

Xbox
Hitman 2 - $12
Project Gotham Racing - $8
Robotech: Battlecry - $8

I also got rid of Assassins and The Recruit on DVD for $3 each.

All in all I recieved $73.14 for the trades.

I went to get my trade on today with the 2 for $30 preorder deal and the manager reiterated what he said earlier about the PSPs:

They will be getting in their PSPs on Tuesday, March 22nd, and will sell them to preordered people when they get them in on that Tuesday. They had a conference call with corporate and were told that it would be okay for them to sell them early.

A week away, so there's still time for this change but I'm hoping this does happen. GameRush has always been good to me, but getting my PSP 2 days early would be extra sweet. :D

Also, anyone know what:
Outrun 2 (XBOX)
DOA2 Hardcore (Ps2) gets?

Hmmm, Star Wars Lego...I think I'll pass. I guess I'll check the list on what to pre-order...I know mine usually has one sitting out. Already have Doom 3LE and RS:Lockdown and Midnight Club 3 will be one and one more....

I was told no for combining over the phone at my local GR, but I'm still hoping they may do it when I get there if someone different is working. I was also told limit 1 preorder/new release deal per person per day....anyone else get told that?

Here's what I got in trade-in today. Prices are with the extra $5:

Star Wars KOTOR II - $30
Primal - $8
Metroid Prime 2 - $35
Halo 2 - $28
Project Snowblind (PS2) - $40
E-Jay Clubworld - $6.50

Just came back from Gamerush. I traded in 8 Gamecube games and got $120 of store credit. The bonus $5 was included for each game.

Now, what shall I buy?

[quote name='captainfrizo']I just got back from Gamerush after trading in some games that were just collecting dust on the shelves.

Note: Prices are with the additional $5.

Gamecube
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance - $13
Lost Kingdoms - $10
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance - $12

Xbox
Hitman 2 - $12
Project Gotham Racing - $8
Robotech: Battlecry - $8

I also got rid of Assassins and The Recruit on DVD for $3 each.

All in all I recieved $73.14 for the trades.[/quote]

Did you go to the new Gamerush on 160? I think you were in front of me at the register when I walked in with some games to trade.

Were you wearing shorts and glasses? Funny, I never thought I'd see another CAG in public. Small world.

bread's done
Back