Someone else can make a new GameRush thread.

waffles 'n' syrup

CAGiversary!
Wshakspear or CoreyCubed or drfrielgood or someone else that has been a major contributor to the GameRush threads can make the next GameRush thread if the 500 post thing is still going on with the change of boards. You guys can still make a new thread if you want to, and lock this one up.

I'm not sure if I'll be on CAG much anymore. It's just not fun like it was a year ago. I might be here every once in awhile, but I think I'd rather do other things now. CAG isn't what I need to be doing. I should be working hard and focusing on what I need to do in my life.

I'll be sure to check this thread for GameRush deals when new ones start. Thanks for everybodys help in making these GameRush threads so popular. It made me feel like I was doing something to contribute to CAG. :)

Trade in values recieved today, including the $5 bonus:

Mojo Xbox $10
Space Invaders GBA $14
Pro Bass Fishing PS2 $6
Music Maker PS2 $6.50
Virtua Tennis $10
Star Wars Obi Wan Xbox $13

Everything above cost only $1 at TRU, except for Star Wars($2) and Space Invaders($4). Also Fantavision will not get you a $5 bonus since it sells for less then $6. I think someone mentioned this already, but I just thought I'd repeat it.

Games you can't trade in:

Holiday Outlaw Golf Xbox
Exhibition Vol 1 Xbox

The Gamerush in Lomita, Ca the Manager actually encouraged me to double dip on the deals. As I was trading in, he mentioned to me I could get a new release or preorder for $30. I told him I thought I couldn't stack the deals, but he said it's no problem.

2 questions. Is stacking the deals trading in 3 or more to get the extra $5 plus using 2 of those 3 for the new game at $30. Then that $30 game also takes off the money that the trades brought in? Please let me know if I am completely wrong and tell me what I am missing.

#2 I want to get the Doom 3 CE, how do they work that since it is a $60 game?

Thanks in advance!

Here are a couple other trade-in prices :

Super Monkey Ball - $7
Super Monkey Ball 2 - $7
ESPN NFL 2k5 (Xbox) - $8

Is there a limit to how many games you can trade into Gamerush at one time? I thought I remember hearing it was 6 max but I can't find any info to confirm this. I got a huge stack of GBA games I want to trade in towards a PSP so I just want to make sure.

W/ $5 extra:

Tenchu Return to Darkness XBox - $13
Tekken Tag Tournament - $10
Fantavision - $1

The guy at the GR I went to (San Dimas, CA) is pretty cool about combining the 2 deals ($5 extra & $30 after 2 trade ins) and said he should be able to combine the two for me. Although I didn't have any game I wanted to preorder at that time, someone might find this useful.

[quote name='jshorr']I was told no for combining over the phone at my local GR, but I'm still hoping they may do it when I get there if someone different is working. I was also told limit 1 preorder/new release deal per person per day....anyone else get told that?[/quote]

Seriously, no offense to anyone, but QUIT asking, obviously offical corporate policy is to not allow the double dip, guaranteed, just do it like you know it is allowed otherwise all these calls do is make them ask their manager who asks a supervisor who tells them no and then the whole store won't do it, better to just try and do it then ask and make them think about it, works for me all the time.

Just got back from the Farmington Hills, MI gamerush.

With 5 dollars:
Skies of arcadia legends - 13
Resident Evil (GC)- 12
Viewtiful Joe (GC)- 12

Bringing my credit total to some 240 dollars...

So then I slapped down 50 bucks on a PSP. Then the guy who works there said that if I wanted I could reserve any game I want for 30 bucks so I yelled out DOUBLE DIPPING IS FOR LOSERS oh wait no I didn't, I reserved ridge racers for 30 then left.

[quote name='screwkick']
Did you go to the new Gamerush on 160? I think you were in front of me at the register when I walked in with some games to trade.

Were you wearing shorts and glasses? Funny, I never thought I'd see another CAG in public. Small world.[/quote]

Yeah, that was me. I never thought there'd be two CAG's in tiny Fort Mill, but at least now I know who to blame when the local Targets and EB's are out of good deals. :wink:

I went back up with my brother this afternoon and he traded in the following (all with the additional $5):

PS2
State of Emergency - $6.50
Unreal Tournament - $12.00

Xbox
Dino Crisis 3 - $10
ESPN NFL 2K5 - $13

The guy working there allowed us to combine the 2 for $30 as well so we pre-ordered Conker Live and Reloaded.

[quote name='captainfrizo'][quote name='screwkick']
Did you go to the new Gamerush on 160? I think you were in front of me at the register when I walked in with some games to trade.

Were you wearing shorts and glasses? Funny, I never thought I'd see another CAG in public. Small world.[/quote]

Yeah, that was me. I never thought there'd be two CAG's in tiny Fort Mill, but at least now I know who to blame when the local Targets and EB's are out of good deals. :wink:

I went back up with my brother this afternoon and he traded in the following (all with the additional $5):

PS2
State of Emergency - $6.50
Unreal Tournament - $12.00

Xbox
Dino Crisis 3 - $10
ESPN NFL 2K5 - $13

The guy working there allowed us to combine the 2 for $30 as well so we pre-ordered Conker Live and Reloaded.[/quote]

Yeah, two CAGs in Fort Mill, who would've imagined.

Anyway, I will be back there again toinght. Maybe I'll see you there.

So, before heading into the Gamerush that claimed there was no deal happening for the extra $5 (see previous thread - the guy tried looking it up, couldn't find it, etc), I thought I'd hit the regular Blockbuster that is much closer.

Lo and behold, REGULAR Blockbusters will also do the deal! Just be sure you get a manager-type because the first clerk I asked looked at me like I was crazy. However, the manager overheard and she knew exactly what I was talking about. As I was leaving she was instructing the other guy on how to ring them up with the bonus. What's funny is that the manager was so happy that my games were so well cared for (they were all brand spanking new, just unwrapped in the parking lot!). She said she rejects so many that come in because they are in bad shape. She thanked me for providing such nice games.

Anyway, I got these values from the regular Blockbuster (bonus included):
PS2 - Butt Ugly Martians - $12
PS2 - Primal: $8
PS2 - Hitman 2: $13
Gamecube - Turok: $6.50

Then I went over to the Gamerush to see if they had figured it out yet. I spoke to the same guy as last time and he still claimed there was no deal on. But then he decided to "try it" and, well, guess what, it worked.
So I got these done there:
PS2 - Hard Hitter Tennis: $8
Gamecube - MVP Baseball 2004: $13
GBA Virtua Tennis: $10

While their used console games are utter crap (in terms of quality - most seem to be rentals that were used as frisbees and it seems they take the nice games I give them and put them in hideous blockbuster rental cases??), I was able to get 3 near-mint Nintendo DS games with the Buy 2 get 1 free. So all in all a worthwhile trip!

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Just got back from the Farmington Hills, MI gamerush.

With 5 dollars:
Skies of arcadia legends - 13
Resident Evil (GC)- 12
Viewtiful Joe (GC)- 12

Bringing my credit total to some 240 dollars...

So then I slapped down 50 bucks on a PSP. Then the guy who works there said that if I wanted I could reserve any game I want for 30 bucks so I yelled out DOUBLE DIPPING IS FOR LOSERS oh wait no I didn't, I reserved ridge racers for 30 then left.[/quote]

thats good to hear, hopefully they will let me

another question....

that platinum hit with 3 games splinter cell, rainbow six....whatever

anyway know how much gamerush gives for it?

Not including the 5 dollars extra, I got 25 for Ghost Recon 2 and 18 for Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball.

Scuba, I would like to know the value of the 3 in 1 pack too. No one would buy it from me, so now I am forced to sell it.

My local Gamerush is taking pre-orders again for the PSP, so I put $50 down. I traded in the following...prices ALL with an EXTRA $5!

Blinx - $10
Brute Force $8
Halo $19 !!!
Halo 2 $28
Ralisport Challenge 2 $13
Project Gothan 2 $13
Fable $25
Rallisport $10

TOTAL $126

Reporting from Highland,Ca. These are all without the $5 extra:
Gamecube- Warioware Inc $11
Xbox-Swat Global Strike Team $8
Mx 2002 $3
GBA-Iridion 3d $1.50 (x2)
Iridion 2 $12.50!
Yes they said I could stack the deals. Good Luck to all.

With $5 Bonus:

Feel the Magic NDS $17.50
Stake Xbox $8.00
Oddworld Xbox $8.00
Robotech Battlecry Xbox $8.00
Deathrow Xbox $10.00
Voodoo Vince Xbox $13.00

Also again I was told I could double dip without me ever inquiring about it.

I went by a GameRush today, and I wanted to check out the 2 for $30 deal. I saw a shelf with games that had a sign above (a white board) it saying "2 for $30" with only a limited number of games on the shelf. I saw two games that I was very interested in, so I got Soul Calibur 2 on GC and Sonic Mega Collection on GC. Then I bought MLB 2K5 for $20.

I didn't have any games to trade with me, so I didn't really ask the employee about the trade 2 get a game for $30 or the extra $5 per trade deal.

Hell yes, ladies! Just got back from a great haul at GR. I traded in (all prices AFTER the extra $5):

Primal PS2 - $8
Viewtiful Joe GC - $12
Eternal Darkness - $12
REmake - $12
Sword of Mana GBA - $10
= $54 store credit

Then, I preordered Lego Star Wars and SW: RotS (both for XBox) for $30 each. So, I WAS able to double up on the deals. Overall it was $9 out of pocket.

On top of that....I was able to get a SW Republic Commando standee, too. How cool is that?

[quote name='Gojtron']Got some good news, my GR got in DK Jungle Beat with drums. I plan on getting it tomorrow for 29.99.[/quote]Might be a couple problems with that. I think it retails for $54.99, so you will have to pay $34.99 for it after the deal. Also, since it includes the bongos, it is considered hardware, so make sure you have an employee that will change it for you.

My deal today:

Traded in (prices include $5):
MoH Frontline GC $10
Prince of Persia:Warrior Within XB $30
Zapper GC $12
Wild Arms 3 PS2 $12
Mad Maestro PS2 $6.50
Madden 2005 XB $19
Primal PS2 $8
Old DVD $4
Total Credit $101.50

Pre-ordered:
Untold Legends PSP
Coded Arms PSP (in the system but preorder may be YMMV)
Killer 7 GC

Total cost to me for trade in games $31(TRU and trades). Total cost of preorders $97. Amount of credit still on account $5.67. Not bad. I plan to hit another GR tomorrow.

[quote name='Engineer_J'][quote name='jshorr']I was told no for combining over the phone at my local GR, but I'm still hoping they may do it when I get there if someone different is working. I was also told limit 1 preorder/new release deal per person per day....anyone else get told that?[/quote]

Seriously, no offense to anyone, but QUIT asking, obviously offical corporate policy is to not allow the double dip, guaranteed, just do it like you know it is allowed otherwise all these calls do is make them ask their manager who asks a supervisor who tells them no and then the whole store won't do it, better to just try and do it then ask and make them think about it, works for me all the time.[/quote]

I understand where you're coming from but this isn't like a price mistake to keep hush on. Whether you call in advance of going or if you try to do it when you get there...they trade a LOT of games....people are gonna ask to double dip....employees are gonna ask their managers....no way around it..whether or not I am gonna be allowed to double dip influences how many games I may trade in, which games I preorder, etc., possibly if I make the trek out to gamerush which isn't so close. Like I said it's a question that's gonna come up and rather quickly too, no real sense trying to keep it a secret.

Yesterday I called and was told no to double dipping but I was allowed to do it tonight at two different stores. Got RE4 and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and preordered the new wrestlemania. Also for the first time a clerk actually checked one of my preorders I wanted to cancel (doom 3, got it for PC instead) and told me he could only give me back the $15 I paid (after promo from Halo 2 coupon book) instead of full MSRP. Which is fine and is totally fair, I was just surprised because no one had ever bothered to do that before. Naturally, I said I'd stick with the game - will probably give it as a gift. A friend who went with me used the extra $5 deal and some TRU and personal collection games to knock a big chunk off a new xbox console that came in. A great night.

Finally, I don't know if this is in any way accurate, but the employee at one of the stores who is a real nice guy said that the super-cheap trade-in deals for preowned games is over 4 life because too many people were flipping, getting their trading accounts suspended and complaining to the district manager, etc. Plus building up hundreds, thousands in credit. Plus they were losing $35 off a preowned game for the most expensive ones and getting mostly total crap in return. Nothing we didn't already know.....it was fun while it lasted (not that I was a big flipper or anything.)

To anyone in the Metro Detroit area having problems doubling up on the deals:

Come to the Gamerush store on Richardson Road and Union Lake in Commerce Township. I'll let you double up on the deals (extra $5 and preorder/new game) and preorder as many games for $29.99 as you have multiples of 2 games to trade in. We're the slowest Gamerush store in the area, so it'd always be nice to get a few more customers. I work Saturdays and Mondays 12-8 if you'd like to stop in and visit.

Went to the GR in Lake Forest, CA today. Traded in a few games, wouldnt let me double dip, so these are prices without the extra $5

PS2 - VIRTUA FIGHTER 4 EVOLUTION $5.00
XBOX - ESPN: NHL 2k5 $8.00
PS2 - GRAN TURISMO 3 $3.00
PS2 - Auto Modellista $5.00

Used that $21.00 to get Devil May Cry 3 and Brother In Arms for $43.61 after tax

THANKS OP!

Went to a Gamerush here and traded in a few games. The manager let me combine the deals.

Prices with extra $5
GC - Turok Evolution $6.50
XB - Maximum chase $8.00
PS2 - Mega Man Anniversary Collection $16.00
PS2 - Midway Arcade Treasures 2 $12.00

Pre-ordered
God of War
Jade Empire Limited Edition

Behind the desk was a list of games available to pre-order. I didn't get a good look, but it seems like they won't be getting Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Limited Edition. I only saw the entries for the regular versions.

I see other people are preordering their PSPs from Gamerush as well.. Is anyone else concerned about the lack of an extended warranty?

I'm thinking of just using my trade in credit for something else and getting my PSP from Best Buy with the replacement plan..

Another trip to the Highland,Ca. store. Results:
These include the $5 bonus,

Drake-Xbox $6.50
Metal Gear Solid 3-PS2 $25
GTA San Andreas-PS2 $30

Shman, I preordered Jade Empire CE at the same time so deal stacking was allowed with no problem. The manager and I even talked about it. She said it was cool and then I said I'd be back tomorrow to trade some more and she said Great, I'm opening up in the morning. I'll help you then! So I'll be all over her, er, I mean, all over the deal...

Does anyone know the coupon code for the Buy 2 New PS1 games get 1 free? I bought 2 the other night but the store could not find the code and I would like to see if I could get my free game some how.

Traded in a handful at Blockbuster today. It's nice being able to get some 2-3 year old games from ebgames.com and essentially pay nothing to play them (ex. Deathrow, Soccer Slam, PSO Ep III got me more in trade-in than I bought them for at ebgames.com... with trade-in credit there ;))

With bonus:

GC - PSO III - $13
P2 - Soccer Slam - $10
P2 - Virtua Fighter 4 - $8
XB - Deathrow - $10
XB - Fuzion Frenzy - $12
XB - Fight Night 2004 - $13

[quote name='drfrielgood']To anyone in the Metro Detroit area having problems doubling up on the deals:

Come to the Gamerush store on Richardson Road and Union Lake in Commerce Township. I'll let you double up on the deals (extra $5 and preorder/new game) and preorder as many games for $29.99 as you have multiples of 2 games to trade in. We're the slowest Gamerush store in the area, so it'd always be nice to get a few more customers. I work Saturdays and Mondays 12-8 if you'd like to stop in and visit.[/quote]

Dang, that's pretty cool of you. I'm an east side guy and don't know that area, but I'll check it out. Thanks!

I traded in: w/$5 extra
DOA2 Hardcore $8
Outrun 2 (XBOX) $13
Fight Night 2 $40
SW:Republic Commando $40

Then I preorder two game for $30 each...yep, they combined deals
Got Midnight Club 3 and Destroy All Humans

Just to let everyone know, I was able to make two trips to trade games yesterday at my Gamerush. The promotion stated that only one transaction per member could be made in a day. But of course YMMV.

So after 2 trips, and trading in 17 games, I pocketed about $230 in store credit. :D

[quote name='drfrielgood']To anyone in the Metro Detroit area having problems doubling up on the deals:

Come to the Gamerush store on Richardson Road and Union Lake in Commerce Township. I'll let you double up on the deals (extra $5 and preorder/new game) and preorder as many games for $29.99 as you have multiples of 2 games to trade in. We're the slowest Gamerush store in the area, so it'd always be nice to get a few more customers. I work Saturdays and Mondays 12-8 if you'd like to stop in and visit.[/quote]

Very generous offer. I'll see you Saturday. Are you that stores official game trader those days?

I have called 3 times in the last 2 days to find out if i could stack the deals. Each time the employee tells me they don't know anything about the extra 5 deal. I don't know whats going on with my gr.

I love Game rush
But I keep having this dream one day the guys from stores like EB and gamestop start working there, and they are going to tell game rush they are fucking up big time. and then all the deals go away.

trade in

xbox - i ninja - $12
xbox - amped -$8
xbox - star wars repulic command - $40
xbox - soul calibur 2 - $13
____total $73 with 5 extra.

also was able to reserve xbox doom 3 collector's edition normal 59.99 (trade 2 get a new game game for 29.99 deal) 29.99 with tax 32.46. :arrow: :D

Does anybody in the DFW area have success double dipping on the new deal? I called many places and they wouldn't allow the double dipping. I hate it that I can't double dip. There's some new games I definitely want to get my hands on.

[quote name='jetblac'][quote name='chior']Anybody knows how much Burnout 3 fetches?
Thanks[/quote]
I've got $7[/quote]
Burnout 3? For $7? Are you mad?

[quote name='jetblac'][quote name='chior']Anybody knows how much Burnout 3 fetches?
Thanks[/quote]
I've got $7[/quote]

Thanks

Burnout 3 takedown only for 7 bucks, Unbelievable!!! :(

I'll probably see you on Saturday Dr F. Ive had very few chances to get out, let alone get games, so getting a pre-order in for the Star Wars Lego game seems like a good deal to me.

Trade three games, get +5 on each one, and the enables me to but either a new game or pre-order for $30. Right?

I normally have these deals memorized, but time and money became a factor...maybe thats why your store sales have gone down :)

I found a used ps2 Bloodrayne 2 for 9.99 and when I went up to buy it, it rang up much higher. I know places like Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.. have to honor the prices when this happens, but would a place like Gamerush have to? I wasn't sure since it's used merchandise.

[quote name='radjago'][quote name='jetblac'][quote name='chior']Anybody knows how much Burnout 3 fetches?
Thanks[/quote]
I've got $7[/quote]
Burnout 3? For $7? Are you mad?[/quote]

I think he meant that he would pay you $7 for Burnout 3. I suspect it's worth more than that at GameRush though.

[quote name='ksuwild25']I found a used ps2 Bloodrayne 2 for 9.99 and when I went up to buy it, it rang up much higher. I know places like Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.. have to honor the prices when this happens, but would a place like Gamerush have to? I wasn't sure since it's used merchandise.[/quote]
I've had that happen 2 times at different GameRushes. Once it was for Worms 3d (PS2), it had a $9.99 sticker but rung up at $23.99 so I gave the CSR a puzzled look and asked if it was the sticker price and he adjusted it. At a different GameRush I saw a SNK vs Capcom (Xbox) for $14.99 and it rung up at $39.99, the person working there said that its the computer price so I passed. I guess it really depends on who's working and how lucky ya get...

[quote name='Felder71'][quote name='radjago'][quote name='jetblac'][quote name='chior']Anybody knows how much Burnout 3 fetches?
Thanks[/quote]
I've got $7[/quote]
Burnout 3? For $7? Are you mad?[/quote]

I think he meant that he would pay you $7 for Burnout 3. I suspect it's worth more than that at GameRush though.[/quote]

It's probably around the $20-$25 range w/o the $5 extra.

[quote name='newbie2000']Does anybody in the DFW area have success double dipping on the new deal? I called many places and they wouldn't allow the double dipping. I hate it that I can't double dip. There's some new games I definitely want to get my hands on.[/quote]

This might be out of the way but the one in plano on Mcdermott/ Alma let me.

I agree with whoever said we shouldn't be calling. The more we call about double-dipping, the more chance we have of losing it. Just drive up there and ask them kindly if they could see if it would work. The way I did it was, "So since I'm trading in 3 games, i get an extra $15 right?" He agree'd. If he hadn't, no big deal, still a great deal.

Even if you guys do call, chances are if they say no on the phone, you might be able to get someone to do it in the store. It can be done it just depends on your employee. If you call and they say yes, it could be possible that the person that rings you up says no.

I was able to trade in 3 games, get the bonus $5 and buy DMC3 for $30.

$5 included
Star Fox: Assault (GC) $40
Red Faction 2(PS2) $10
Arc the Lad 4: Twilight... (PS2) $12

Any good games to pre-order? ATM, I have Killer 7(GC) and God of War (ps2) pre-ordered.

Wshakspeare, yeah, haven't seen you seen you preordered the DS aways back. Yeah, its trade in 3 games, get an extra $5 on each game. Then for each 2 that you trade in you can preorder a game or get a new game for $29.99.

Sweet, Thanks OP!
I just got back from Blockbuster, traded in 6 games, and the xbox remote and get the bonus $5 each for a total of $104.
Then I preordered
Doom CE
Timesplitters: FP
Black Hawk Down
all for $30 each! PLus I still have some credit left. Gamerush is awsome!

bread's done
Back