someone explain eca to me

chunkyboy068

CAG Veteran
so i get mostly everything about eca. sign up, pay, get codes, save 10% on games plus other benefits, etc., etc.

what i'm not getting here is the part about codes being unavailable.

is there a limited amount of codes available before you have to wait for the next batch? and why do people generate multiple codes just to save some?

i understand also that there seems to be downtime around the expiration dates where no codes are available. however on the eca thread in the deals forum, the last post (which happens to have been made today) states that codes are currently unavailable. this strikes me as odd since the current batch of codes are supposed to expire on sept 30th.

You just answered your own question. They ran out of the "batch" of codes and are working with Amazon to generate a new batch. Once that batch runs out, they do it again. Lather, rinse, repeat, until they can assign each member a unique 10% off code that they can use an unlimited number of times.

i see.

this seems like a highly inefficient system. knowing that there are limited amounts of codes and periods where there are no codes at all to use really makes me not want to join

bread's done
Back