Someone gave me a Sega Game Gear

WarrenGekko

CAGiversary!
I never really heard of it so my questions are:
Is this portable any good?
If so, are there any good games for it I should buy?

I know nothing about this little system so your help is appreciated

get the sonic games, shinobi, streets of rages, that kinda junk. its a good system but get an ac adapter as well, batteries wont give you much gaming

Listen to the advice about the ac adaptor. IFRC, it takes six (maybe 4) AA batteries to run and MAN do they fly by quickly. The only games that I really played on mine were all of the sonic games and I enjoyed them.

shining force good game but gets boring towards the end.... Used to be very rare ( around 40) but now you should be able to find it under 10

So, I am hearing that the good games for the game gear are:
Sonic games,
Shinobi,
Streets of rage
Shining force
(And an adapter)

These all sound like Sega games, were there any games from third parties that were any good.

sega games were pretty good for the game gear..not many third parrty games..well the ones that i played at least werent that fun, the sonic games were freakin great!!!...and i 3rd on the ac adapter..batteries last like an hour ...(minor exageration)

Six AA batteries get you about an hour of gameplay.

There are NO battery saves, and passwords can get up to 16 digits of numbers, letters, and pictures.

With game like sonic, you have to start from the beginning every time you turn it on.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Six AA batteries get you about an hour of gameplay.

There are NO battery saves, and passwords can get up to 16 digits of numbers, letters, and pictures.

With game like sonic, you have to start from the beginning every time you turn it on.[/quote]

thanks to the game gear..im a more patient person..i mean, without saves and starting over EVERY TIME..u kinda get used to it...*shudder*

TRU has some of the more common GBA games new for under $5 -- at least, they did during the green tag sale. You can pick up some decent stuff there, like Sonic Spinball and Lion King.

I still play my Game Gear occasionally. I have Shining Force(i keep starting over, so ive never beat it), Shinobi(beat it i think..?), Sonic, and some Duck tales game :D

[quote name='ViolentLee']TRU has some of the more common GBA games new for under $5 -- at least, they did during the green tag sale. You can pick up some decent stuff there, like Sonic Spinball and Lion King.[/quote]

c'mon, Lee!! we're talkin' Game Gear here for chrissakes!! :wink:

Columns! Columns rocks.

I never really cared for any of the other Game Gear games, though I own Lunar: Sanpo Suru Gakuen simply because I'm a Lunar nut. If you really have a strong desire to play the Sonic games (which I can't figure out why you would, since they're not very good), just pick up Sonic Mega Collection Plus for the PS2 or X-Box.

Congratulations, you own one of the dark spots of Sega's history!

bread's done
Back