Someone got a great deal (not me!)

Wow. How can someone selling a game for more than MSRP not realize it's worth 3 times what they listed it at.

This reminds me I was looking on eBay for a Bioshock faceplate and I checked ended auctions and saw someone had listed one complete with everything with a BiN of $14.99. I couldn't believe it.

Yeah, occasionally you have people listing sealed games without realizing how rare they are. Here are some steals I've gotten over the years, all sealed:

Xenogears (GH) $19.99
Vagrant Story (black) $40
Chocobo Racing $12.99 (quite recent)
Powerstone $9
Final Fantasy Tactics (GH) $35 (not amazing but good I think)

^nice find on Powerstone

I just bought PDS (discs & manual) for $90 shipped BIN about a month ago. We need a thread about Ebay finds...

About 5 years ago, I got a factory sealed Chrono Trigger with vertical seam and mint condition for about $110 shipped. The reason I got it so cheap was it was in a lot of games and the seller didnt even list the names of the games in the auction. It was just listed as super nintendo games and if you searched for Chrono Trigger it wouldnt show up because no names of games were even put in the auction. It obviously was a seller that normally did not sell games. I got the games and sure enough it was factory sealed and mint. I have seen the value of a sealed Chrono Trigger go for anywhere between $300-$600, so I am happy.

[quote name='addicted2games']About 5 years ago, I got a factory sealed Chrono Trigger with vertical seam and mint condition for about $110 shipped. The reason I got it so cheap was it was in a lot of games and the seller didnt even list the names of the games in the auction. It was just listed as super nintendo games and if you searched for Chrono Trigger it wouldnt show up because no names of games were even put in the auction. It obviously was a seller that normally did not sell games. I got the games and sure enough it was factory sealed and mint. I have seen the value of a sealed Chrono Trigger go for anywhere between $300-$600, so I am happy.[/QUOTE]
I saw a new one end at $1100 a month ago

[quote name='MikeHoncho']I saw a new one end at $1100 a month ago[/QUOTE]

You made my day! I might sell it this Christmas and I can only hope for that kind of price. WOW!!!

You may want to sell it now before the ds port comes out, that may detract from the earnings you would make.

[quote name='plft']You may want to sell it now before the ds port comes out, that may detract from the earnings you would make.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, yeah you might be right. Thanks for the input.

*edit* Then again, someone paying this amount of money for a new sealed copy should not even open it. Its for collecting purposes. If you want to play it, there are cart copies out there and you dont have to pay an arm and a leg for them.

Ah thats so freaking crazy...2k for a SNES game. Chrono Trigger was a great game, but I just cannot seeing myself pay anymore then retail..even retail bothers me. Even for nostigilia reasons...but I could find better use for 2k...maybe I'm just poor. I never knew games could have such a value to them.

bread's done
Back