Someone recommend me some good earbuds?

jcp42877

CAGiversary!
Feedback
113 (99%)
Woke up to find my Munitio earbuds had ripped out above the mic button on the left earbud...must've put them up too hard last night, but that would explain the random voice control my phone kept popping up whenever my earbuds would be in...

So, looks like I'm shopping for a new pair today. Can anyone recommend me some good choices? I'm shopping at the NEX mall that is on my base, so they have a pretty decent selection, not to mention they'll price match anyone at the drop of a hat if it comes to that.

I was looking at:

Beats in-ear buds (not the Tour, but not opposed to the Tour either)

Klipsch S4I-II in-ear buds

Bose IE2

Skullcandy Titans

These are just the couple that kept popping up everywhere on review sites that would actually be available in store for me.

I listen to a lot of hardcore metal, post-hardcore, classic rock, punk pop, electronic, etc.

The Munitios gave really awesome and deep bass, and the mids and highs weren't bad either. Hoping to get a pair as good, if not better...especially since I'll probably be dropping $90+

I'd stay away from the Klipsch S4i. I love my giant over the ear Klipsch set I've had for a few years, but I found these to be pretty disappointng.

Right now I have Sennheiser CX300-II's and I really like them. If you don't care too much about active noise canceling or noise isolation it's a great set. Though if you want that feature these are not it. They do have enhanced bass and sound real crisp for in-ear headphones. Also because of the lack of noise isolation they are usually a bit cheaper (you can typically find them on sale for $40-50, sometimes less, not sure what the price on a base would be though). The only weird part if the offset cable in which the cord is longer on one side vs the other and it's designed to go around the back of your neck. Took a little getting used to but i actually like it better now.

It sounds like you really like your bass, so stay away from all of your choices especially Beats and Bose. For in-ears, you should really either be looking at Shure or Westone, but they tend to be a bit pricier than $90. For silky smooth mids, get Shure. For super clarity at the highs and lows, get Westone. Both have pretty good bass response, but like all non-over-the-ear cans, it's difficult to reproduce the same level of bass because there isn't enough air to vibrate. A lot of people also use portable amplifiers to to boost output as well.

Bluetooth headphones used to suck. However I just bought Jaybird Bluebudsx and they are pretty nice. It's amazing how much better it is to not have a cord.

bread's done
Back