Someone sure cleared out their game collection!

My hubby went to Gamestop for the infamous B2G1. Saw a stack on the counter some guy just brought in. Hubby was the first to spelunk into it. He picked up

Tales of Destiny (disc only)
T of D II complete
Suikoden I complete
Lunar 1 and 2 both complete

He was shaking with delight when he called from his cell. So I'm looking at his haul at home. I open the Suikoden I case (you know how it's a double disc case, but only one game disc), and lo and behold, the second slot has SUIKODEN II! He about fainted when I told him.

Please cease and desist any further stories of your husband.

It's one thing to get that great haul.

It's another that he gets suikoden II disc for free.

But to have a wife who knows and understands the value/joy of those games is too much. :p

Great find on the Suikodens!!! I am also lucky to have a wife that loves games as well (she doesnt get as excited as I do about getting awesome deals, but she is always commenting about the commercials for games on TV and loves the survival horror genre)...

My wife's parents and brother play games, even her GRANDMOTHER loves RPGs... was able to score some sweet SNES title from her a couple years ago... FF's and Chrono Trigger come to mind

[quote name='onikage']The Suikoden case doesn't have a spot for 2 CDs, there's only 1 "holder".

:bs:[/QUOTE]

actually I always thought it was in a double thick case, the first side with that stamped logo and the guide and the second side to hold the disc? perhaps I am mistaken (it's been known to happen) the only thing I find fishy is that there's only 5 items listed there ~ where's your second free game? ;)

good deal though, finding the lunars during a b2g1 is good stuff too.

edit: I wish I had a hubby that would go out and buy those games, lol. -_-

I've replaced more than my fair share of broken double cases. I'm sure it is possible others have too. It's kinda hard to find the single disc old ones but the ones with multiple holders are easy to find.

[quote name='onikage']It does have a double-case, but as you stated there's only 1 place for a CD to go.[/QUOTE]

yup, but that hardly makes it bs~ people try to put discs in that side constantly, just because it can't snap into place doesn't mean people won't assume something goes there, I've seen plenty of people open a double thick case like that when it only comes with 1-3 discs and turn around all upset because they think they got jipped a cd, lol.

edit: zennousha mades a pretty good point, could've been a replaced cd case too.

Thank you all for your lovely words (blushing). I'll let him know he can unload me for cheap!

It's the original Suikoden case. The first slot isn't for a game, it advertises some coming game (out then), I forget which. Maybe there was originally a demo disc? it looks just like the one I saw in the possession of another, so I'm sure it's original. I actually did a double take when I saw the case the first time, because I knew it was a one-disc game.

And his sixth purchase was one for our kids I didn't think would get its due--Finding Nemo--just tossed in for the six spot.

bread's done
Back