Someone throw me a Kotaku invite

Narynan

CAGiversary!
I would like to be able to add my color commentary on Kotaku now and then. Any chance I can get a invite from someone who has a commenting account?
:bouncy:

If you could invite
Kymarak

that would be FANTASTIC!

Personally commenting there is like being at the zoo. Visit the parrot pavilion and then the poop-flinging monkey habitat and there you go.

Anyway (someone needs to be beaten; who HIDES the FAQ?):

2. How can I become a commenter?
To become a commenter, you need to audition, which entails leaving at least one comment on the site. To do so, click on the New User link at the bottom of any post. On the next screen, type an interesting, substantial or highly amusing comment into the text field below the post, then enter your desired username and password. Click the "submit comment" button. Your comment won't show up until (and if) we approve it.
We only approve the comments we love — so make sure you're adding something of quality to the post. If we approve your comment, your username and password will be activated and you'll be able to login to comment freely from then on (or at least until you get banned).
Two tips for auditioning to become a commenter: First, leaving multiple high quality comments on different threads using your newly created username increases your chances of having your comments — and therefore your username — approved. Second, if a comment from a newly created username doesn't show up on the site, that's because it's still awaiting approval. There's no need to submit the same comment multiple times.

If you'd look at the site they take pretty much ANY comment, regardless of quality. Just sign up...

Kotaku's comments were much better when it really was invite-only and there would only be a few per post. Now I don't even read the comments because it's just typical Internet fluff.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']And they instantly ban anyone critical of them as well.[/quote]

From my understanding, they ban people whose criticism consists of "slow news day?" or other stuff that doesn't contribute to the discussion and just creates noise. I sort of wish they'd ban everyone who just posts "this game looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL" too.

Seriously, if you've read the comments on Kotaku, you'd know that they can't possibly be very strict. Most probably read/write at a 2nd grade level.

bread's done
Back