Sometimes You Wanna Go Where EverbOTTy Knows Your Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='LiquidNight']Hm...that high-pitched "eeeee" sound in my right ear that came about after the Roots hasn't gone away yet. Should I be worried? Anyone have any advice?
I was expecting it to be gone when I woke up, but it's not, and now it's starting to freak me out.[/QUOTE]

Dont' worry about it. It'll go away if not today, then tomorrow. I remember the first time I got that after the Lollapalooza tour in '97. It hurt the next day, but I saw Tool for the first time. It was bittersweet.

[quote name='Hex']Thank god tomorrow's friday.

(even better that it's thursday for the rest of you poor bastards. ;))[/QUOTE]

Are you from the future?

[quote name='LiquidNight']Hm...that high-pitched "eeeee" sound in my right ear that came about after the Roots hasn't gone away yet. Should I be worried? Anyone have any advice?
I was expecting it to be gone when I woke up, but it's not, and now it's starting to freak me out.[/quote]

I had that shit for a week, and then another few days of near deafness after seeing MSI and standing about 4 feet from a speaker for the entire show.

It'll eventually go away, but if you go to a lot of concerts, you might want to invest in some earplugs. Saved my eardrums countless times.

Sweet. The paper I was fretting about having to write is actually supposed to be much easier than I thought. Turns out the professor grades really lightly and it doesn't have to be all that long either.

Still need to do a lot of reading today though (plus I need to finish a short paper).

Hmm. March 5th I'm going to see the Pogues in Chicago.

Now I find out Public Enemy is playing a couple miles from my house on March 7th.

Moreover, March 22? Toots and the Maytals.

Wowzers.

[quote name='Hex']Thank god tomorrow's friday.

(even better that it's thursday for the rest of you poor bastards. ;))[/QUOTE]

Well today is friday for me, and I called in sick to work again so this is day 2 of my 4 day weekend.

those damn pre and post pictures (of all sorts, not just here) use more color on the after picture. Just look at the wall in the background between the two pictures.

[quote name='mykevermin']Hmm. March 5th I'm going to see the Pogues in Chicago.

Now I find out Public Enemy is playing a couple miles from my house on March 7th.

Moreover, March 22? Toots and the Maytals.

Wowzers.[/quote]
Myke's March Music Mania?

[quote name='shrike4242']Myke's March Music Mania?[/quote]

It's tempting to stick a Madness in there, but I don't know if the NCAA will like that or not.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']It's tempting to stick a Madness in there, but I don't know if the NCAA will like that or not.[/quote]
Myke's more manic than mad, so I went with what fit best. :D

[quote name='Spruce']I'm not sayin' it's normal or even remotely acceptable but of the many high schools I went to there was one in Warner Robins, GA that occasionally would have shit on the bathroom walls. And I don't mean like someone had a case of one too many enchiladas...I mean someone fashioned a writing tool out of poo and something to hold it with (a straw or stick were most common) and would write fecal graffiti above the urinals.

I'm just glad to see that the poo handling crowd isn't limited to the South...they get enough flak from the rest of the country as it is...[/QUOTE]

A kid who got thrown out of my school last year (I swear this happened) was crouching next to the bathroom wall and someone walked in on him while he shat on the wall and rubbed it on the wall. Someone also walked in on him shitting in the urinal. He also put up jesus saves posters all over the school. ...Yeah

[quote name='jPoD']A kid who got thrown out of my school last year (I swear this happened) was crouching next to the bathroom wall and someone walked in on him while he shat on the wall and rubbed it on the wall. Someone also walked in on him shitting in the urinal. He also put up jesus saves posters all over the school. ...Yeah[/quote]

Oh yeah, several times during high school, we would discover piles of shit just sitting in the urinals. These are fucking high school kids, they really, really should know better. There's more fun ways to cause disorder, is putting shit where it's not supposed to go really how kids get their kicks these days?

On another note, when I was in seventh grade, these kids wanted me to shit in some kids backpack. I didn't, but I remember being really disgusted at the idea that someone in my school thought that might be a good idea.

Also, a kid in my school was caught peeing on a bathroom sink. Even weirder, a kid was with him, watching.

[quote name='shrike4242']Myke's more manic than mad, so I went with what fit best. :D[/QUOTE]

Oh, c'mon, that's not true.

And if you say it again, I'll roast your children alive.

[quote name='jPoD']He also put up jesus saves posters all over the school.[/QUOTE]

Was it a private Jewish school? If so, that's a helluva prank.

[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, c'mon, that's not true.

And if you say it again, I'll roast your children alive.[/quote]

That's horrific!

Children are much better with a light marinade and a slow grilling. Really brings out their youthful juices.

[quote name='mykevermin']Was it a private Jewish school? If so, that's a helluva prank.[/QUOTE]

I left private after 7th, thank god. Mostly Jewish Public.

[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, c'mon, that's not true.

And if you say it again, I'll roast your children alive.[/quote]
Fine, you're both mad and manic. So there. :razz:

fucking CNN and video only news reports:

Quick tax refunds charge 70% to 525% interest

That's fucked up, 525% ! I'm glad I'm decent at managing money.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']those damn pre and post pictures (of all sorts, not just here) use more color on the after picture. Just look at the wall in the background between the two pictures.[/quote]

Not to mention catching the women in the most unflattering position possible, and if they're smiling at all, not showing their teeth.

I unlocked the last Cooking Mama recipe last night. It turns out I forgot to turn an Omelet into Omelet with Rice. :lol:

Now to get gold medals on all the recipes and complete all the Skills Challenges.

This game is sure giving me 20 bucks worth.

[quote name='Dkellar']fucking CNN and video only news reports:

That's fucked up, 525% ! I'm glad I'm decent at managing money.[/quote]
Damn, does that come with lubricant before you get fucked in the ass with a coarse-grit sandpaper-covered telephone pole? :shock:

[quote name='Dkellar']fucking CNN and video only news reports:

That's fucked up, 525% ! I'm glad I'm decent at managing money.[/QUOTE]

And the lower you are in income, the higher your interest. The other side of "offering a service" is "complete and total exploitation of the poor."

I'm proud to live in a state where one senator (Mitch McConnell) helped block a bill that would cap interest rates on short-term loans made to our soliders in Iraq and elsewhere abroad (you bet your ass they're working over there - hell, my buddy's base has Harley and Ford dealerships). Of course, he blocked it because he's buddy-buddy with those equally noxious "payroll advance" places.

The interest rates on these short-term loans? About the same as you listed above, though I think they capped out at over 400%.

Wait, on second thought...I'm not proud. Not at all.

[quote name='mykevermin']And the lower you are in income, the higher your interest. The other side of "offering a service" is "complete and total exploitation of the poor."

I'm proud to live in a state where one senator (Mitch McConnell) helped block a bill that would cap interest rates on short-term loans made to our soliders in Iraq and elsewhere abroad (you bet your ass they're working over there - hell, my buddy's base has Harley and Ford dealerships). Of course, he blocked it because he's buddy-buddy with those equally noxious "payroll advance" places.

The interest rates on these short-term loans? About the same as you listed above, though I think they capped out at over 400%.

Wait, on second thought...I'm not proud. Not at all.[/quote]
400%, 525%, what's the difference? :whistle2:s

[quote name='mykevermin']1/4" circumference?[/quote] :applause:

Good one.

[quote name='Dkellar']I think my 7.021% interest rate for my mortgage is ass raping![/quote] Compared to a year ago, it's not pleasant, no. Amazing that a single percentage point change can seem to be horrific.

[quote name='shrike4242'] Compared to a year ago, it's not pleasant, no. Amazing that a single percentage point change can seem to be horrific.[/QUOTE]

I try not to think about it much as I plan on having the place completely paid for in 2-4 years.

[quote name='Dkellar']I try not to think about it much as I plan on having the place completely paid for in 2-4 years.[/quote]

Damn Georgia must be cheap and you must make some decent bank.

Mortgages suck, except for tax purposes (hello deductable interest!).

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm no fool. I'd pan sear them first to keep the juices in.[/quote]

:drool:

Damnit, I have too many leftovers to cook kids tonight. It'll have to wait until the weekend.

[quote name='Moxio']I love this weather. It's a blessing, compared to yesterday's.[/QUOTE]

It's 48 degrees here. idk wtf is goin on.

It's 70 degrees. I held class outside for the first time ever. I'm not sure if the kids liked it, though. I don't think I'll do it again.

[quote name='shrike4242']58 out here. And more of it until Saturday.[/QUOTE]

In Mizzou? Jeez global warming is fuggdup.

[quote name='shrike4242']Sorry, make that 60. Warmed up 2 degrees since I posted last.[/QUOTE]

It's only 50 here and it feels fantastic!

It's in the 40s here and I love it. The run this morning didn't go so well, seeing how I'm incredibly out-of-shape.

Time to make a brochure on sexual abuse of males.

[quote name='jPoD']In Mizzou? Jeez global warming is fuggdup.[/quote]

Note that without the greenhouse gases that cause 'global warming' we'd die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back