Songs for Silverman

defiance_17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
55 (100%)
I just got the new Ben Folds album in the mail, and I'm wondering what other people think of it. Has anyone had a chance to listen to it yet, and if so, what are your thoughts?

[quote name='defiance_17']I just got the new Ben Folds album in the mail, and I'm wondering what other people think of it. Has anyone had a chance to listen to it yet, and if so, what are your thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I've only heard "Landed" but I buy every Ben Folds CD sight unseen (or should it be sound unheard?) so I'll be picking it up tomorrow for sure.

[quote name='spoo']It is great but Ben Folds is not up to par with his five days. /Ben Folds Fanboy[/QUOTE]

I love the album so far, but not as much as Whatever and Ever Amen.
On a side note, I got the "Deluxe Edition," with the DVD and the fancy book--what's the difference between this and the DualDisc version?

[quote name='defiance_17']I love the album so far, but not as much as Whatever and Ever Amen.
On a side note, I got the "Deluxe Edition," with the DVD and the fancy book--what's the difference between this and the DualDisc version?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing cause I'm planning on going to CC to pick this up manana and I don't wanna pay 5 extra bucks for just a booklet.

I like the CD itself alot (yeah I've heard it even though I don't own it yet). It's one of those CD's that grows on you after a while. Definately more ballad heavy than some of his past albums, and quite different from the loose and sophmoric tone of Whatever and Ever Amen but I think that's just part of his evolution. Good stuff all around.

The Deluxe Edition is not a DualDisc and comes with a book and a separate dvd with a 40-minute documentary

The DualDisc includes a 25-minute documentary and a 5.1 mix of the album

It's a great album. Go buy it.

And don't forget to download "Bitches Ain't Shit"

Great album. Songs for Goldfish (his new cd of unreleased tracks) is also good listening. Can't ever have too much Ben.

bread's done
Back