Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood $21.99 at Amazon.

I was just about to post this.

I don't think I'll bite, though. I know the gameplay is pretty good, but I can't see myself caring at all about a Sonic storyline.

Thanks OP. I've been waiting for this to drop on Amazon. Reviews were mixed and I wasn't touching it at 34.99.

edit: I'm looking for 3.01 filler.

I got it for $35 + $15 GC at BB (which is sweet cuz it counts towards the Gamer points). This is a good alt if you plan on buying nothing from BB (which I do)...

Thanks OP! I was going to pick it up for my girlfriend for Christmas anyway, but that price is too good to pass up!

[quote name='soonersfan60']How can I get this to work with one of those deals where Amazon will give me a $10 coupon for future use?[/quote]

You can't, specific games only.

Okay, thanks. I really want this but have spent alot already this month. I wonder if this indicates a coming price drop? TRU had tons of these in stock.

If it follows the pricing pattern of other sonic games (and most sega games), it'll be 15 bucks or less before next summer. Thanks for the post, but I'll wait for now.

Wish it were Rush Adventures. Not that there is anything wrong with this game. I just want Adventures to reach a reasonable price for once.

My expectations were high, then low. I should be fine. THanks for the up, op! I was gong to get it $24.99 at Target next week. This is better.

[quote name='Josef']Shit, this thing went on sale quickly!

Wasn't this also the EGM game of the month last month?[/quote]
They must have really low standards if it was, can't see how this bastard-child of a game would get > 5.0s.

Really wish Sonic Team (yeah, I know THIS one is made by Bioware...) would go back to Sonic's roots which were all about speed. Now they are trying to be all over the place with filler material characters & story yet fail.

& Sonic Unleashed had great potential to revive the franchise until I saw the tacked-on Were...hog? gameplay. Soon lost interest.

Darn you, Amazon; you won't stop until my wallet is empty, huh? No More Heroes and Dragon Quest IV for $20 and now this; sheesh!

...thanks, though; I bit :D

Well I bought one... thanks OP... I was waiting for the right sale... for my secondary Hedgehog collection. (Plus it never hurts when it helps bump me over the $25 free ship mark for buying the BR Wall-e... :D

[quote name='Poor2More']I was hyped for this game.....it had Bioware attached.....but then I played it....dissapointed big time[/quote]

Yeah, I read / watched a lot of reviews on this one, and it sounds like I'll be waiting until it's on clearance somewhere.

Other than the expected lackluster story, it sounds like the biggest complaint with this game is that the standard battles last way too long; and, to me, this is a big issue for an RPG (it's why I lost interest in Skies of Arcadia on the Dreamcast)--I'm really loving DQ IV because the battles are super quick, which is especially ideal for a portable title.

[quote name='AwRy108']Yeah, I read / watched a lot of reviews on this one, and it sounds like I'll be waiting until it's on clearance somewhere.

Other than the expected lackluster story, it sounds like the biggest complaint with this game is that the standard battles last way too long; and, to me, this is a big issue for an RPG (it's why I lost interest in Skies of Arcadia on the Dreamcast)--I'm really loving DQ IV because the battles are super quick, which is especially ideal for a portable title.[/QUOTE]

I spent 2 or 3 hours with it earlier (I've had it laying around for a week or so, so I didn't need it from Amazon), and I've been enjoying it. It has a couple of issues - characters slow way down on control if you have to maneuver them near the edge of the screen - but on the whole, I'm enjoying it.

The battles aren't that bad. Longest I've had was six rounds, and that was only because I missed a couple defensive combos and wound up with my two strongest characters getting stunned and unable to deal any damage really. Most of my fights up to now have been one, possibly two rounds, especially once I got a four-man team going.

looks like amazon has another happy customer !
icon_smile.gif

bread's done
Back