Sonic Mega Collection Plus (PS2/XB), KOTOR (XB) $15 at Target

GGC?

I have the PS2 version, it's decent. Comix Zone is a hidden game you can get but you need a save file for Sonic Heroes on your memory card (or HD for XBox users)

[quote name='beerguy961']What's the difference between Plus and the GC version?[/quote]

All the Sonic Game Gear system games are on it but Sonic Adventure DX(GCN) also has them.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Comix Zone is a hidden game you can get but you need a save file for Sonic Heroes on your memory card (or HD for XBox users)[/quote]Is there any alternate way of unlocking it? In the GameCube version, there were "shortcuts" where a game would be unlocked automatically if you had a save file for Game X on the card. But you could also unlock the game manually, through a more time-consuming method, if you didn't have the save file.

I hope you don't NEED the save file... I already have Sonic Adventure for DC so I don't plan on getting the PS2 or XBOX version!

Oh and are there any discernable differences between the XBOX and PS2 versions? Like, load times or anything? I have both systems, but I'm leaning towards PS2 because of the controller. If there are any advantages to the XBOX version, please let us all know.

Sonic Mega Collection Plus is $19.99 regularly.. so no big rush here. You can get it for $14.99 with GGC from BB..

Unless you don't want to trouble yourself or go through the GGC hassle...

There's some controversy on the GameFAQs board right now whether or not you can unlock it without the additional game. Only one guy confirmed it, wasn't really sure what he did to make it happen, others tried to reproduce it, no go... Basically it looks like there's nothing we can do.

And on GameCube, you could only unlock Comix Zone on the Japanese version.

[quote name='rogue_one']Sonic Mega Collection Plus is $19.99 regularly.. so no big rush here. You can get it for $14.99 with GGC from BB..

Unless you don't want to trouble yourself or go through the GGC hassle...[/quote]

Or you don't have a Best Buy yet.. mine is under construction, probably will be finished next year. Not soon enough :(

[quote name='pimp tyranny']the PS2 d-pad is easier to use than the xbox d-pad. what's better about the xbox version?[/quote]

Is that some kind of a joke? The PS2 D-Pad is the worst in history.

I disagree, not only do I like the PS2 d-pad more in general. But I've played both versions of this game and I enjoy the PS2's controls more in this specific case too... maybe I'm just biased though cuz I own the PS2 version.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Oh and are there any discernable differences between the XBOX and PS2 versions? Like, load times or anything? I have both systems, but I'm leaning towards PS2 because of the controller. If there are any advantages to the XBOX version, please let us all know.[/quote]
The Xbox version supports 480p, so that's one advantage (if you have an HDTV).

I'm picking this up soon. I don't know which version I will get, since there is no difference game wise. I'm not sure which controller I'd like better with a Sonic game...

Good to see Comix Zone back in action. I may even buy it just for that since I have Mega Colleciton on GC.....but still not sure.

The GC D-pad hurts after a day of Resident Evil... PS2 has a lovely controller, I really don't want them to change it for the next system.

I'm going to try my local target now to see if they have any copies.

[quote name='bluetoast']Good to see Comix Zone back in action. I may even buy it just for that since I have Mega Colleciton on GC.....but still not sure.[/quote]

I also think Comix Zone is a great game. Another reason why I too want to pick this up...

Guys... you realize you need Sonic Heroes to play Comix Zone? Sure you can rent it... But that's a whole $5 more you have to spend! t3h s00p3r gh3y

[quote name='pimp tyranny']the PS2 d-pad is easier to use than the xbox d-pad. what's better about the xbox version?[/quote]

Can you not play with the analog stick with the xbox version?

Ah don't tell me it's that crap where they have to detect the save file of Sonic Heroes on your memory card. Just checked...yeah it is, but here's a way around it, from gamefaqs.

Unlock Comix Zone without a Sonic Heroes save
Play or leave the various games open to amass a total running time of 30 hours in-game (all of the games count toward this total, so you don't need to keep just one open). Make sure the special emulator menu (R1) isn't showing, and if you need to stop for a while, exit out of the game to make sure your run time is saved. Once you've amassed 30 hours, the next time you enter the Games area from the main menu (not just exiting out of a game), it'll notify you that Comix Zone is now available.
Contributed By: Kulock

Thanks for the info. Picked up XBOX version yesterday for one of the wife's Christmas gifts. She loves the old school sonic games as well as the pac-man's. This'll be great for her.

Thanks again.

This might be a good deal for some people just for the fact Best Buy is now replacing most of the $19.99 GGC with $29.99 or up GGC. So within the next few months I'm assuming more people will be looking for deals like this.

[quote name='PhrostByte']As does the PS2 version.[/quote]
Really? I just did a quick Google search, and I can't find a single page that indicates the PS2 version supports 480p.

[quote name='Jason One'][quote name='PhrostByte']As does the PS2 version.[/quote]
Really? I just did a quick Google search, and I can't find a single page that indicates the PS2 version supports 480p.[/quote]

Maybe I was wrong.. I don't know if it specifically supports 480p. But I know it supports some sort of progressive scan mode. Not like it matters when we're talking about 16-bit graphics...

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']PS2's controller rocks.[/quote]Very true. :wink:
[quote name='pimp tyranny']the x-box has a horrible d-pad, and the GC's is tiny.[/quote]very true. I tried using the Xbox's d-pad for a few 2-D fighters, and it made my thumb very sore. I'm never buying an Xbox game where I have to use a D-pad. That's why I stick to the PS2 version of every 2-D game.

I love the Xbox's pad, and I'll probably get the Xbox version soon, but I'm not a fan of having to have a Sonic Heroes save to unlock it, as SH is sort of hard to find now.

Well if I ever happened to get Sonic Heroes, it would definitely be the XBOX version. So on the off chance that that happens, I guess I may as well get the XBOX version of Mega Collection Plus. I'll live with the D-Pad, especially considering I originally had this for GameCube.

bread's done
Back