Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity Wii $27.94 + .99 shipping ($20 off retail)

[quote name='Squarehard']why does deep discount have it released in march? ~_~[/quote]

Because that's when they will get theirs. Then March will come along and they push it back to April, then May because the site really is going to hell.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Because that's when they will get theirs. Then March will come along and they push it back to April, then May because the site really is going to hell.[/quote]

good to know ^___^

Thanks for the heads up. However, I strongly suspect that $29.99 is going to be MSRP and that the March release date is correct. That said, I'm putting in a pre-order at famvid to lock in the hot price, just in case.

Nice price, if it turns out good. But the first game got awful scores. And no reviews out from any site and only even three previews = wait for now.

[quote name='D. Monic']Thanks for the heads up. However, I strongly suspect that $29.99 is going to be MSRP and that the March release date is correct. That said, I'm putting in a pre-order at famvid to lock in the hot price, just in case.[/quote]

Could always just sell it before march and get your money back anyways :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='D. Monic']Thanks for the heads up. However, I strongly suspect that $29.99 is going to be MSRP and that the March release date is correct. That said, I'm putting in a pre-order at famvid to lock in the hot price, just in case.[/quote]

Ummm... it comes out Tuesday, as is tomorrow. The price is also $50.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Ummm... it comes out Tuesday, as is tomorrow. The price is also $50.[/quote]

Out wednesday at BB...curse your new game shipment days on Wednesdays instead of tuesdays BB!:bomb:

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']Did anyone preorder at this price and it shipped? Looks like the price is now $48.01 at Familyvideo.com.[/quote]

I did but then I decided to cancel it last night because I looked around at a few other sites that offered it at $28 as well but was dated for march, so the MSRP will probably drop to about $30 in march anyways, so I just cancelled it.

Looks like it is now available, according to Gamestop.com and Sega's website. So far, MSRP is $49.99, but I guess that could change. If you are going to get it, go with the dstan's link to Deepdiscountdvd.com.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']Looks like it is now available, according to Gamestop.com and Sega's website. So far, MSRP is $49.99, but I guess that could change. If you are going to get it, go with the dstan's link to Deepdiscountdvd.com.[/quote]

thats one of the ones not dated until march, so if you go with that one, might as well just wait for the possible price drop

Gamestop originally was taking preorders for this at $29.99. I didn't bother since I thought that was going to be the retail price.

I agree that sonic should be brought back to 2D. Although I did thoroughly enjoy secret rings (metal soundtrack excluded).

Just imagine a 2D / 3D implementation of Sonic similar to Paper Mario... that could be interesting.

Yeah, but Sonic is supposed to be a fast paced game...Paper Mario is far from it. Thinking about other 2D games with 3D (Megaman X7 comes to mind) it probably wouldn't be a good idea.

NintendoFanGirl, love the avatar, the Secret of Mana recognition is sorely needed in the gaming world.

I, like most posters, have no faith in Sega's ability to produce a quality 3D Sonic game anymore. Its sad how far they have fallen from being competing for number 1 publisher in the world to having laughably expectations from their flagship Sonic games....

At least Nintendo will do Sonic some justice in Brawl...

Umm... o_O at DeepDiscount. I pre-ordered it there today (and I'll probably cancel it too) and on the site it says I pre-ordered Sonic Riders but in an email it says I pre-ordered House of the Dead 2 & 3.

[quote name='Poolking99']I, like most posters, have no faith in Sega's ability to produce a quality 3D Sonic game anymore.[/quote]
Sonic and the Secret Rings was almost perfect -- if they make a few gameplay changes (fix the braking, let you do proper U-turns, and set up more run-through-the-level stages) in a sequel, it could be the perfect 3D interpretation of Sonic IMO.

--R.J.

I highly disagree about Secret Rings. I like pretty much every 3d sonic (aside from shadow) and though Secret Rings was awful. Worse than Sonic 360/PS3.

I'd say they were closer to making a great game with Sonic 360. If they had delayed it and fixed all the slowdown, glitches, long loading times and fine tuned the controls it could have been a really great game.

[quote name='whoknows']I'd say they were closer to making a great game with Sonic 360. If they had delayed it and fixed all the slowdown, glitches, long loading times and fine tuned the controls it could have been a really great game.[/QUOTE]
Yes, if they had COMPLETELY CHANGED THE GAME, it would have been awesome.

The only good Sonic is a 2D Sonic.

[quote name='whoknows']You people act like there's never been a good 3D Sonic game[/QUOTE]
In my opinion, there has yet to be one. "Passable," perhaps, but certainly nowhere near "good."

Eh. I liked rings. The speed was there and it made good use of the Wii's motion controls. Although at times sonic tended to be a bit difficult to control. I hated the metal soundtrack though, and usually played the game with sound off.

[quote name='whoknows']You people act like there's never been a good 3D Sonic game[/quote]Unless you have access to a secret game made by SEGA, then no. I havent played a good 3D sonic game.

[quote name='whoknows']I highly disagree about Secret Rings. I like pretty much every 3d sonic (aside from shadow) and though Secret Rings was awful. Worse than Sonic 360/PS3.[/quote]
I couldn't stand Sonic 360/PS3 for more than a few minutes; it felt like a bad knock-off of Mario 64 with a Sonic skin.

For me, Secret Rings worked because it felt like an attempt to translate the essentials of the 2D games into 3D (sorta like Super Mario Galaxy, actually), with an emphasis on speed, alternate routes, and exploration. There were some design decisions that I didn't like, such as the severely-gimped Sonic you started with and the embarrassingly stupid brake/reverse control, but I still think it was a good idea that could be a great idea with a little more work.

FWIW, my review is here.

--R.J.

[quote name='y2julio']Unless you have access to a secret game made by SEGA, then no. I havent played a good 3D sonic game.[/QUOTE]
The Sonic Adventure games were very well received, and Sonic Heroes stands at about a 74% at gamerankings which is decent.

I haven't played Rings so I cannot attest to the quality of the game, I've been influenced by the below average reviews and the last Sonic game I was able to enjoy was Sonic Adventure 2, the battle one for GC, and that was just because it was my girlfriend's favorite game. Sonic for Dreamcast was a good, maybe a 7 out of ten, but the graphics were the best at the time and I think that had something to do with it. Sega just tries to cram too much speed into a platformer, or poor controls in a racer. The balance is just off. If you get EGM, read the article in the Feb. issue about how Nintendo games just seem to get the balance right, hence the quality reputation that is expected in their games.

bread's done
Back