Sonic The Hedgehog (PS3) $18.99 @ Amazon.com

[quote name='Bubbakja']It makes me so happy to see Sonic fail again and again while Mario gets GOTY's and rave reviews.[/quote]

Why? You own stock in Nintendo or something?

[quote name='DoubleEcksZero']I bought it when it first came out, not spectatular, but good enough. Worth $20 anyway.[/QUOTE]

Was the Playstation 3 version better than the 360 one? Because I tried the 360 demo and thought it was unplayable, and the full game was actually supposed to be worse (and had loading time during lines of TEXT :D )

I really want to like Sonic, but I haven't actually played a good Sonic game since Sonic Advance 1. :(

[quote name='rcaido']Too bad Best Buy always give me crap about anything from price matching to using coupons...Not worth the hassle...[/quote]

Same here (Ohio), they always tell me they can do one or the other, not both...

I bought the 360 version for my 4 year old a few weeks back and we both think it sucks. Even if it were free its not worth it, completely unplayable, and dealing with 30 - 60 second loading times just for 2 lines of dialogue is more than just annoying. Let it pass.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Was the Playstation 3 version better than the 360 one? Because I tried the 360 demo and thought it was unplayable, and the full game was actually supposed to be worse (and had loading time during lines of TEXT :D )

I really want to like Sonic, but I haven't actually played a good Sonic game since Sonic Advance 1. :([/quote]

i had the 360 version, and yes the Load times where my biggest complaint. Yes, durring text too. I dunno maybe i'm just a sonic fanboy, but I enjoyed my playthrough.

I have the PS3 version and really enjoyed it actually. Side quests are broken due to the horrible loading times associated with them, but if you skip them entirely the load times found during normal gameplay (hub world and levels) really isn't bad at all. Its better than Fight Night Round 3 or Motorstorm for PS3. If you try to actually do all the side quests though, you will not like this game.

Level design can be great, I liked the graphics style, for a Sonic game the story is good. I'd definately recommend it for that price.

Man, I love cheap PS3 games but I'm not really a Sonic fan and I'm not really a long-load times fan, either. Pass. Although I have to disagree with morpheusx, if it was free, I'd play it. I'll play any game for free. I'm a CAG game whore. :)

I think Sonic PS3 is alright in short doses. Playing as Shadow and Silver is horrendous, but some of the Sonic levels are alright. I got this used online for $15 shipped last month and it's justifying it's purchase...to an extent.

In my opinion, let it hit $10 before you jump.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']I think Sonic PS3 is alright in short doses. Playing as Shadow and Silver is horrendous, but some of the Sonic levels are alright. I got this used online for $15 shipped last month and it's justifying it's purchase...to an extent.

In my opinion, let it hit $10 before you jump.[/quote]

I prefer silver actually

[quote name='asnatlas']Same here (Ohio), they always tell me they can do one or the other, not both...[/QUOTE]

That's because it's written right on the coupon. 'Not good with any other offer or discount'.

bread's done
Back