Sons Of Anarchy Season 5

This show really has trained me to expect the worse from everything. When Jax was opening the box at the end I was totally expecting him to find Danny Trejo's head in it.

That was one scary looking tranny as well.

Just watched the last two shows (i dont have cable and have my sister record them and get them a few days late) and its getting pretty good. When Jax opened the cooler,
was it just the parts of a ranom person, or was that a message that they got the girl they wanted in the end? I think there was a note, but i didnt read it.

I thought it was a bit funny when Jax was beating
to death that guy who threw opie into the cell to get killed. The little music from that globe kept playing the whole time through. I thought no way the music would still be going after all that. LOL

I still dont understand why
Clay is doing those attacks, but rack up another death he has caused, make that two deaths since the sheriffs wife was pregnant. Clay is overall the biggest villain of the show. Now he is acting like he still needs the oxygen tank when he doesnt. Guy wants people to think he is weak for some reason. Maybe he is just trying to cause shit to happen, and it will fall back on Jax.

I didnt take Joel being there as anything in regards to the attacks but its possible. I had clay pegged for the attacks from ep1.

Yeah i never though there was a link between the attacks and Joel McHale. Its clear its clay and the 3 new guys who joined the club that are doing it. It even showed it at the end of the last episode.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yeah, I don't think even Sutter has the heart to
kill Abel
[/QUOTE]

That would be too cheesy. Sutter is already turning Tara into Gemma v.2. No reason to add
another parallel with the deceased kid. Unless he is looking to get rid of or possibly escalate the baby mama drama altogether.

I'm still pissed about
Opie.

Just finished watching the last episode. Man i wish Juice would just come clean about what he has heard with clay. Why does he always hold things inside. Its like i sit here thinking to myself, SAY SOMETHING!!!!!

I dont know what to think at the end, was gemma just falling asleep? I hope everyone is fine. If
abel died, that would cut jax and wendy's ties together. But also create more drama between his mom and wife/his self.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Did anyone else feel that the ending was almost a straight up Soprano's rip off?[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what I thought once I saw that tree limb.

Im starting to think clay is gunna get it in the end of this season. But whats going on with the deal with the feds? Jax needed Clay alive to get the guns deal, now they might kill him. So what about the feds/irish?

Im glad jax found out that gemma was high, i hate how all these people keep all these secrets. Hopefully gemma helps jax get proof for him, id hate to see her go back with clay and turn into an enemy trying to hurt jax's family.

And now we got copper going to spill the beans on juice, i used to like juice. But lately he doesnt even seem important. If anything he is getting closer and closer to clay which isnt good.

Personally i hope before this season ends, clay and juice die, so in the next season they can go back to being somewhat normal.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Was I the only one who noticed that they just kind of forgot about Chibbs after Frankie took him off at gunpoint?[/QUOTE]

Well they couldnt follow him. Im just glad the coward didnt have the balls to kill him.

As for preview videos, i dont like to see whats coming up next week. I like to be totally surprised. :D

[quote name='The 7th Number']Well they couldnt follow him. Im just glad the coward didnt have the balls to kill him.

As for preview videos, i dont like to see whats coming up next week. I like to be totally surprised. :D[/QUOTE]

I know they couldn't follow him. It was just like, "Eh, maybe he'll make it back on his own, maybe not. I need to yell at my mom for smoking weed".

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I know they couldn't follow him. It was just like, "Eh, maybe he'll make it back on his own, maybe not. I need to yell at my mom for smoking weed".[/QUOTE]

Lol, yeah I got the same kind of vibe, as if Chibs wasn't really priority #1.

Actually felt a little anxious when Frankie had the gun to the back of Chibs head and let out a sigh of relief afterwards.

Loved the end of the last episode when Jax puts Gemma's life options into perspective. Although I can see Jax/Tara ditching Gemma anyways after Clay is taken out and they don't need her anymore.

[quote name='antlp89']Lol, yeah I got the same kind of vibe, as if Chibs wasn't really priority #1.

Actually felt a little anxious when Frankie had the gun to the back of Chibs head and let out a sigh of relief afterwards.

Loved the end of the last episode when Jax puts Gemma's life options into perspective. Although I can see Jax/Tara ditching Gemma anyways after Clay is taken out and they don't need her anymore.[/QUOTE]
What I can't get over is the amount of blood loss from cold cocking Chibs with the gun. They've done the same thing to others in the past and didn't show it flowing like that.

And that took some massive balls for Nero to make that comment about Gemma getting smacked enough all ready by the rest of the family.

What plan do you think Clay has for those papers he had the nomads steal from the safe?

I have a feeling they will probably end up saving his life by blackmailing Jax/Gemma.

Is it just me or does the stuff that Juice did (what seems like a long time ago) not seem that big a deal in comparison to all the murder, and the actual rico case w/ Otto?

Anyone else holding their breath when Otto was smelling Tara's wrist? I was about 75% sure he was going to take a bite out of her. I just sat there thinking "Oh, here it comes....".

[quote name='Bezerker']Is it just me or does the stuff that Juice did (what seems like a long time ago) not seem that big a deal in comparison to all the murder, and the actual rico case w/ Otto?

Anyone else holding their breath when Otto was smelling Tara's wrist? I was about 75% sure he was going to take a bite out of her. I just sat there thinking "Oh, here it comes....".[/QUOTE]

MAN! I thought the exact same thing.
She just knew it was gonna happen too...............but it never did.

I thought he was going to bite her wrist too. Yeah i dont get how otto can be safe after turning on the club but juice cant be saved. I like juice, but it doesnt look good for him. Cant wait for next weeks show, 90 minutes long.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I can't believe none of you have mentioned how she was rubbing one out at the end of the episode.[/QUOTE]
I was about to have some discourse with you guys about that.
Was she getting off at the fact she broke down a man and made him cry? Did it turn her on to think about the fact she was used as a prop for masturbation? Did she form some emotional connection with Otto? Sexual connection? Did Otto's undying love for Luann make her long for that kind of loyalty with Jax? Or maybe she feels that with Jax already, and it made her happy (and turned on) to have that? Or simply, the perfume smelled that sexy and that's all there was to it? I couldn't make heads or tails of the scene, myself.

In other news, according to the preview, next episode will be an extended 90 minutes. I hope they put the extra meat of the episode to good use. Only four episodes left.

Well, I can definitely say you put more thought into it than I did. :lol:

Here's me watching at 2 am last night: "Yes. Nice." That's about as far as I got.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I can't believe none of you have mentioned how she was rubbing one out at the end of the episode.[/QUOTE]

I was too busy...

glasses2.gif

rubbing one out myself.

I guess I was more interested in her finally coming to terms and referring to herself as an "old lady" to otto. Major character step. That and I dont find her THAT appealing that a masterbation scene gets me in a tizzy.

Unser is back, im glad... that crack about working the pole made me laugh in idk how long. I knew otto was up to something, at least he gave up on his testimony. But now Jax has clay and the feds to worry about. Plus his VP could turn on him for what he did to the guy who killed opie. Things are sure getting interesting, and im loving these 90 minute episodes! :D Sad part is there looks like only 3 episodes left for the season.

Is anyone else slightly disturbed that we are in season 5 here and after all that has gone down Tara is still quite gullible and stupid?... And Jax is on a mission to kill everyone involved in Opie's death no matter the cost except for the guy who basically ordered it, who apparently now is his realty advisor? If Pope is not offed by the end of season as a part of some end game I'm going to be disappointed.

I don't see Jax in any position at the moment to kill Pope especially with that statement about the million dollar reward for finding Pope's potential killer.

Jax is probably biding some time (like he told the club at the beginning of the season) until he can take care of his club and the numerous problems taking place at the moment. After he has used Pope and has the cartel off of his back I'm sure he has a plan to take out Pope.

My guess is that he will set up the cartel and Pope (or maybe even Clay) thus escaping any heat from Pope's death. Unfortunately this may not happen for another season or two. Sutter hinted that Opie's death would "color the episodes for the rest of the series" so this could foreshadow things happening in future seasons.

I dont think Jax is in a position to off Pope either. Id also agree that if Pope isnt dealt with by the end of this season, Id be disappointed as well.

Someone on another site mentioned how Pope has a 5 million dollar bounty on anyone that kills him. They think Jax will set Pope up to be killed by Tig, then take care of Tig to get the 5 mil.

I didnt even notice jax told pope he could kill tig after they get clay. By the end of this season the only original guys are going to be left are Jax, chibs, and bobby. :X Unless somehow juice can find dirt on clay but it seems like he is going to end up dead with clay.

The last 5 episodes piled up on my dvr and i decided to give it another chance... it managed to get worse. To me the show ended with Opie shooting Clay and Jax taking the gavel in season 4. After that, some depressing rich guy wanted to milk it and made a spinoff and called it season 5. He thinks it's cool for Clay to still alive for some bs reason. To make the sons look like a gang that rides bikes rather than a biker gang. To only give other members only get like 1 line per show. To piss me off and have Jax ask Chibbs if "he was with him 'bro'" Chibbs is SAMCRO you nance! He should take the gavel kick everyone out except Bobby and Happy(dude's not even a real character, he is the Lurch of SAMCRO).

Eh im just really disappointed with the way the show went. It has intense moments, but season 5 made a lot of characters unlikeable to me and overall makes the gang look weak.

[quote name='Will']Someone on another site mentioned how Pope has a 5 million dollar bounty on anyone that kills him. They think Jax will set Pope up to be killed by Tig, then take care of Tig to get the 5 mil.[/QUOTE]
That's an interesting theory, and one I see that seems plausible with this season's Jax.

Happy is like T-Dog from Walking Dead, he's always around with no real lines. Which means the second you see him in an episode with more than 2 or 3 lines he's probably going to be offed by the hour's end.

I think a few problems have really plagued this season. To me the pacing seems off, this show's pacing has always been sort of slow to develop in the early episodes each year but we're in the double digits and it still seems that way. Certain plot point could've been done in a single episode (the thing with Otto) and others could've use some added background (Clay's new found sense of remorse and brotherhood seemed so quick it was like the Grinch discovering joy after Whoville starting singing...).

Also too many big bad villains this season I think. This season's there's at least 3 major ones (Pope, Clay/Nomads, Cartel/CIA, 4 if you include the largely unseen Feds still building a RICO case apparently).

bread's done
Back