Sony 16gb Memory Stick Pro Duo- $87 shipped-Amazon

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Genuine, since Amazon is the seller on this one and free shipping.

Sony 16gb Mem Stick Pro Duo (Mark 2) $87 shipped

Decent price, lowest I have seen at Amazon.

Lowest I have seen ever is Frys.com for $69.99.

If AMAZON is NOT SELLER, do not buy as it may be a fake!

Fake Memory sticks are everywhere, especially eBay, click here to see how to use your PSP to check if a stick is genuine.

I've been away for a while---Hello everybody!

[quote name='newlu']Will PSP work with 16gb memory stick?[/QUOTE]

As long as your firmware is up to date it will work. There is a cutoff somewhere around firmware version 4.0. Any lower than that and 16gb will not work.

[quote name='newlu']Will PSP work with 16gb memory stick?[/quote]

I believe the slims will work with 16 gigs, at least with some of the newer firmware? But my old phat will not, unfortunately...

[quote name='karkyco']I believe the slims will work with 16 gigs, at least with some of the newer firmware? But my old phat will not, unfortunately...[/QUOTE]

My Fat works fine with it on 5.00 firmware

Edit: looks like firmware 2.81 and up will support 16gb sticks according to PS forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
since the magic gate test is waaay outdated, and magic gate has been hacked your best bet is to stick to these retailers for online psp sticks:

frys.com
newegg.com

there may be others but sticks on these sites are guaranteed legit and the prices are pretty good. other than that you have other retailers sucj as bestbuy, and staples that are trust worthy in that department.

[quote name='Robman62']since the magic gate test is waaay outdated, and magic gate has been hacked your best bet is to stick to these retailers for online psp sticks:

frys.com
newegg.com

there may be others but sticks on these sites are guaranteed legit and the prices are pretty good. other than that you have other retailers sucj as bestbuy, and staples that are trust worthy in that department.[/QUOTE]

I would add Amazon (not Amazon third party sellers!) to that list sir.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they'd make a PSP that supported SD instead. Memory sticks are so expensive, I can get a 32gb SD cheaper than that.

I don't feel like spending that kind of money on a memory card that'll only work on my PSP.

/rant (sorry off topic)

[quote name='bobthegoat2001']I wish they'd make a PSP that supported SD instead. Memory sticks are so expensive, I can get a 32gb SD cheaper than that.

I don't feel like spending that kind of money on a memory card that'll only work on my PSP.

/rant (sorry off topic)[/quote]

That is the point, memory stick pro duo was made by Sony for Sony, so they charge high prices and make lots o money.

[quote name='Robman62']That is the point, memory stick pro duo was made by Sony for Sony, so they charge high prices and make lots o money.[/quote]
Which is kind of ironic since Sandisk makes the better memory sticks in my opinion.

ya sony is kind of like apple in this regard, they make good stuff but you have to give an arm and a leg for it
pixel.gif

[quote name='Rocko']If you want more storage but this is too rich for your blood, you can buy one of these for $7:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16489

And two of these for a total of $32:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211341

And you've got yourself 16GB of storage for under $40- less than half the price of this MSPD, and you can use the cards for something other than your PSP if need be![/QUOTE]

I remember the thread for that and am still considering doing that. I am trying to hold out until the 16GB micro sd cards get cheaper and buy two of those! You bought one of these set-ups right? Has it been extremely reliable?

Still too expensive, especially since the PSN Store has given me little to no reason to want more storage. Now, if they'd lower the price of the UMD Legacy downloads AND start releasing more PSOne games, then I might be interested...

I haven't tried that setup, no. When that Photofast adapter first released in America it was really expensive, so I held off and eventually found a deal on a 4GB MSPD, which I bought. I'm currently waiting for some kind of decent sale on 8GB Micro SD cards ($10 would be nice) to try to setup myself, since I'd like the 16GB of storage but don't absolutely need it so I don't really want to spend $40 on it. $27 would be more reasonable.

The reviews seem to be pretty good on DealExtreme for the adapter, and I have a friend who has the double adapter and hasn't had any issues with it, so it seems like a fairly safe buy. DealExtreme products aren't always top notch, but reviewers will definitely give bad reviews if the product sucks, and they seem generally positive here.

I have an adapter I bought off of Amazon plus an 8gb micro sdhc card. While I do not use it heavily, I can attest it works just fine.

Just FYI - the Photofast adapter thing doesn't come with Magic Gate, so anything needing it (cameras, PSN store - maybe? I don't use either things) may not work.

That said, though flimsly, I'm liking the 16 GB I got for $40. :D I haven't had any troubles yet.

I use the Photofast adapter for my PSP with one 8gb Sandisk micro SDHC card and it works great. I've downloaded LocoRoco and Twisted Metal off the PS Store onto it and they load up quickly and without any problems. I've saved music and movies on it as well and it's given me zero problems.

[quote name='Paullywog']Or, you can simply buy these:
Adapter
2x Cards
I can confirm this works, my psp has 8gb of memory and it ran me 23 dollars.[/QUOTE]
Uh, what? That adapter is over $13 shipped and two of those cards would be over $40 shipped.

My friend has the photofast adapter and a total of 32gigs. It works and he is happy with it. The only problem I notice was that it didn't pop out when pressed down. You need to fiddle with it to get it out. So if you actually take the card out to transfer data then you need to keep this in mind.

[quote name='Rocko']Uh, what? That adapter is over $13 shipped and two of those cards would be over $40 shipped.[/quote]

He is talking about the cost of 1 8gb microSD card not the cost of adapter plus 2 cards.

I bought the adapter off of amazon and the cards off of newegg. Total cost was about $45 with shipping for a total of 16 gb. Those pro duo cards cost way to much.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']He is talking about the cost of 1 8gb microSD card not the cost of adapter plus 2 cards.

I bought the adapter off of amazon and the cards off of newegg. Total cost was about $45 with shipping for a total of 16 gb. Those pro duo cards cost way to much.[/QUOTE]

True but remember Sony always does this to us. I think the biggest rip-off is $20 for a Sony PS2 memory card that holds 8 MEGABYTES!

[quote name='Purkeynator']True but remember Sony always does this to us. I think the biggest rip-off is $20 for a Sony PS2 memory card that holds 8 MEGABYTES![/quote]Look at any first party items from Apple, Microsoft, Sony, etc. You always pay a lot for proprietary accessories, it's not just evil Sony. ;)

Indeed. They have you over the barrel, and they are gonna take advantage of the situation. That's where they make a good chunk of their money...on expensive accessories. Microsoft's $100 wireless network adapter and $150 (use to be $180) 120GB HDD are prime example.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']He is talking about the cost of 1 8gb microSD card not the cost of adapter plus 2 cards.[/QUOTE]
Well that's not a deal at all. Newegg is much cheaper.

Thanks for the links rocko.

I think I'll hold off until the 16GB Micros go down to about 20 a piece. I remember getting the 4gb MS Pro Duo on sale for $40 and I thought that was a steal... They've come down so much since then. It's still sufficient for me I suppose, but when the 16GBs come within the price range I think it will be time for an upgrade.

[quote name='Nephilim']Genuine, since Amazon is the seller on this one and free shipping.

Sony 16gb Mem Stick Pro Duo (Mark 2) $87 shipped

Decent price, lowest I have seen at Amazon.

Lowest I have seen ever is Frys.com for $69.99.

If AMAZON is NOT SELLER, do not buy as it may be a fake!

Fake Memory sticks are everywhere, especially eBay, click here to see how to use your PSP to check if a stick is genuine.

I've been away for a while---Hello everybody![/QUOTE]

Nice. I've been stalking the 16gb stick for awhile. Last I checked, they were $120 so this is promising. I'll still probably wait for it to go a bit lower though. Thanks for the heads up OP!

bread's done
Back